Back In The Pridelands | Kion & Human!Reader

It's been a year since (Y/n) has been in the Pridelands. She was a young explorer from (whatever lovely country you're from). When she was minding her own business in the Pridelands which she didn't know it was called that at the time when she was there. Janja and his clan chased her as well as a stampede of wildebeest.

(Y/n) lost the hyenas in the dust that was kicked up by the wildebeest but the only thing she had to worry about was the stampede. She dodged them but (Y/n) was eventually was kicked over by a wildebeest. She of course rolled out of the way of the stampede to wait for the dust clear. (Y/n) had her eyes closed as the dust settled when a voice piped up.

"Lion Guard over here!" (Y/n) didn't dare open her eyes as she heard footsteps walking towards. "Hey, are you okay?" (Y/n) opened her eyes and looked up. A young lion cub with amber eyes. She flinched. "Hevi kabisa..." He whispered but loud enough that she can hear him. (Y/n) noticed the other animals with the lion cub. A cheetah, a honey badger, an egret, and a hippopotamus. "Hey! You can speak, can't you." The honey badger spoke. "Y-Yeah, I'm just surprised is all." (Y/n) said finally.

"Well, Janja and his hyenas are gone now." The lion cub said. "Thank you. Umm...who are you guys anyway?" (Y/n) asked. "We're the Lion Guard. And I'm Kion." The lion cub said. "Kion. Nice to meet you. I'm (y/n)." She said. The other animals introduced themselves as well. The hippo was Beshte, Fuli was the cheetah, the honey badger was Bunga, and the egret was Ono.

(Y/n) explained to the Lion Guard about what she was doing there and of course Kion took a slight interest in her work and (y/n) herself. They became close friends. Kion was depressed when she had to go back home but she promised him she would return. And as of today she will be fulfilling her promise.

(Y/n) sat in the shade of a tree with her hands behind her hand with her eyes closed. When she heard a familiar phrase. "Hevi kabisa..." The voice was low and quite mature. She smiled as she slowly opened her eyes. A teenage lion with amber eyes stood in front of her with jaw on the ground, surprised to see her. "Hi, Kion." She said with a smile. "(Y/n)!" Bunga yelled, jumping over Kion giving the human girl a hug. Ono landed on her shoulder nuzzling her cheek saying hello.

Fuli sat next to her with smile on her face as she let (Y/n) pet her spotted head. Beshte sat on the opposite side of (y/n) and said. "(Y/n)! It's been so long." He smiled at her. Bunga sat in her lap. "Yeah, how've you been?" Bunga asked. "I've been good. I'm guessing Kion's surprised I kept my promise. You've all grown since the last time I saw you." She said.

"I missed you, (y/n)." Kion said sitting in front of her. (Y/n) smiled. "I missed you too, Kion." She said as she leaned forward to touch her forehead to his. Kion closed his eyes and smiled. 'Welcome back to the Pridelands, (y/n).'