F.I.V.E

Korey Moriah Lorenze

Spanish Harlem, New York

February 28, 2019

"Why have you been ignoring Kaleeci? I've been worried about you, Please call me back  I haven't heard from you in weeks.", This was my thirteenth voicemail for Kaleeci, I haven't heard from him since the last time he came over. I was really worried about him. I knew something had to be wrong with him because when he came over he was really spaced out and in another state of mind. I knew he wasn't ghostin' me or anything.

I sighed knowing that he wasn't answering my calls or even telling me that he is okay. I took a deep breath and decided to take things into my own hands and go to him instead. I had given him more than enough space without me being overbearing and everything but I wanted him to be okay, I definitely want to be there for him in every way possible.

The thing with Kaleeci was, he still had hella layers to peel back, just as well as me. He's been holding back so much from me and I feel that he is just scared to put so much trust in me, maybe because of his past. I tried so hard for him to open up but he'd shut me down so many times I just never ask any personal questions anymore. I knew that he was fighting more than enough demons just by the energy he gave off when he came to visit. And when he left I prayed over him and for him, I asked God to heal him and his soul and bring peace into his life and for him to let go of all of those burdens that he's forever holding on to.

I got off of my couch and slipped into my colorful crocs, I grabbed the keys to my Jeep and my personal belongings and walked out of my house. I locked up and made my way to my truck. I hopped in and started up the engine before pulling off I took a deep breath,

"God I just ask that you protect me on my travels even if it is just 30 minutes away. I ask that you guide into doing the right things for my mind, body, and soul. I ask that whatever is wrong with Kaleeci I pray that you heal him from his pain and all of his hurt, In Jesus' name I pray, Amen", I prayed before pulling out of my driveway.

I started the journey to his house while I listened to Yebba-My Mind  lowly on my radio, I was really stuck in my thoughts thinking about what made his mood and aura change so quickly. I was honestly concerned about him. Even though I met him a couple of weeks ago and we've been talking for a little, I still feel something in my heart for him. I can't shake it, but if this is where God wants for me then I will surely follow.

After thirty minutes of driving and thinking, I finally made it to his home. Pulling into the driveway, I saw his truck sitting outside of the garage, I pulled in right behind him. I got out of my truck and walked onto his porch, I knocked heavy on his door waiting for him to come. He never came to the door, thank God he gave me a key because he needed me to grab something from his house one day. I just so happen to still have it. I unlocked his door and walked in, the first thing that I notice is the smell of the alcohol and weed in the air. I looked around and there was shattered glass on the floor where his glass table use to be, the TV was on the floor shattered and there was a Hennesy bottle on the ground as well. I took a huge gasp seeing a trail of blood going up the stairs.

"Kaleeci!", I yelled up the stairs.

I wasn't expecting an answer so I took my ass up the stairs and followed the trail of blood. I went into his bedroom only to see him facing the wall, sitting on his bed. I walked around and I saw that his hand was busted up and he looked like he was crying his face was red and puffy. It brought tears to my eyes to see such a beautiful man like him so broken, especially when he's never shown me the broken him, always the happy him. I stood in front of him wiping his face and caressing his cheek not knowing what was so broken in his beautiful world.