02 - Takeaway

26st February 2017

Frenkie and Y/N had never been this happy before; from morning to night they spend every free second together just like they always did, but something was different.

They felt better, much better. It was like a weight they had never noticed before had been lifted of their shoulders and their hearts as well as their minds were completely at ease. Nothing they had worried about before mattered anymore when they were walking through the streets of Amsterdam hand in hand.

The dynamic in their relationship hadn't changed all that much aside from the kisses and their intertwined hands. They were still best friends. Best friends that were deeply in love.

None of them had felt or voiced any doubts or worries about their relationship in the last two months. They weren't one of those couples that was afraid they would ruin their friendship by being together because they were more than sure that everything would work out for them. How could it not when two people love each other that much?

°°°

"Don't you need to leave soon?"

Frenkie couldn't help but sigh at his girlfriend's words, swiftly deciding that he would not move from his comfortable spot on the couch right next to her. "We've still got time left."

Y/N chuckled slightly at his words before carefully unwrapping herself from his arms and taking his hand to pull him up as well.

"Come on, the team needs you," She stated, trying to encourage him to move so that he wouldn't be late, "and I'm looking forward to seeing you play."

Grinning, Frenkie finally complied to her wishes by standing up and getting ready to leave for the Johann-Cruyff-Arena. The match against Heracles Almelo would start in less than three hours and the coach still wanted to talk to the team beforehand.

"Alright, I'm ready to go," Frenkie said once he had gotten changed and found all the things he needed to take along, "I'll see you there, hm?"

"Of course! And you better score a goal for me today."

The Dutch footballer rolled his eyes at Y/N's words, but still couldn't hide the smile that was creeping up to his lips. It was both amusing and inspiring how much she believed in him.

"I doubt I'll get much time on the pitch today," He replied, but his girlfriend just shrugged her shoulders and made a dismissive gesture with her hand.

"Good luck."

Before Frenkie left his apartment he turned around one more time, wrapped his arms around Y/N's waist and kissed her.

Y/N smiled brightly as she watched him walk away, knowing she'd see him again in just a few hours. Her relationship with Frenkie had gone so well in the last months and she didn't fear that it would change anytime soon.

Slowly, she began to get ready as well by changing into Frenkie's jersey and started making her way towards the arena where the match of the Eredivisie would take place.

Upon her arrival, she immediately found her seat in the crowd and tried spotting her boyfriend, but both teams hadn't started their warmup yet.

Y/N had already been to the stadium to watch Frenkie quiet a few times, but it somehow felt different to be there as his official girlfriend. Through Frenkie she knew that his teammates had always suspected that they were more than friends and now it had turned out to be right.

It was strange that everyone had seemed to know that they were in love with each other before they knew it themselves, but neither of them wanted to think about it too much. They just wanted to be together.