CHAPTER 4

What should I wear today? Jungkook thought to himself as he looked into his closet. He had woken up at 7 am as usual and was ready to start his day. After eating and doing his usual morning routine, the longest part of his morning process was getting ready. It's not that he was picky or indecisive, but he liked putting effort into these clothes. In the end, he chose to wear black ripped jeans with a white top with 'Moonchild' written on it in black. He put in his favourite dangly earrings that had a moon at the end and finally finished the look with two cute space buns tied with a red ribbon. Perfect!

Jungkook quickly went downstairs and watered all the plants. He put on his favourite playlist and hummed as he cleaned the store. He opened the store and hurriedly prepared orders. His day went by normally. Regulars and new customers entered the store without a break and Jungkook didn't even see the time pass. He loved working at Nénuphare and it brought so much joy to his life.

When the shop was beginning to get popular, he had cried so much out of happiness. The sight of all his hard work paying off and being able to depend on himself made him proud. He even had an Instagram account with 345k followers. Weirdly enough, however, whenever he posted a picture, people always asked for pictures that included him. Jungkook never really understood why and didn't care enough to think about it deeply.

So he took a selfie of himself with his new roses in the background to match with his red ribbons. Immediately, his phone started buzzing with notifications but he didn't have time to go through the comments since it was getting dark and he had to get ready for something else.

He closed the store and organized everything in record time. He quickly changed into stretchy leggings and a tight white crop top that showed a bit of his bellybutton. Bubbles! It's almost 5 o'clock! Jungkook thought as he looked at the time and decided to leave his hair in buns. He took his small bag with basic medicine, his notebook and his metal stick. He jumped into his car and drove to the location.

∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°

Jungkook parked in the NW building parking and quietly walked to the entrance. It was dark and Jungkook had to physically stop himself from fiddling with his bag. Once he caught sight of Angel, he let out a sigh of relief and speeded up his walking.

"There you are!" Swift/Hoseok exclaimed happily when he spotted him. He opened his mouth to say something else but when Jungkook finally went under a streetlight, his jaw dropped. Yoongi and Jimin looked in his direction and also froze.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook wondered softly when he finally reached them. Their stares made him nervous and he struggled really hard not to make it noticeable.

"U-umm ya..." Jimin breathed out, "N-nice buns"

"Thank you!" Jungkook beamed and this seemed to break them out of their frozen state as Yoongi cleared his throat and Hoseok flinched slightly.

"So our duty tonight is to go on the 33rd floor of the building and find a red and purple USB key before Demon and co. find it. Our goal is to do the least damage as possible. Understood?" Yoongi announced as he recapped what they had all already read in the file. The others all nodded and Jungkook brought his metal stick out of his bag. They were walking up the stairs when Jimin noticed it.

"What's that for?" Jimin inquired as he pointed to the stick.

"All healers train in stick-fighting. It can extend itself and is a very efficient way of fighting somebody while causing the least physical harm as possible." Jungkook answered as he twirled the stick unconsciously. Jimin was about to say something else when Yoongi put his hand up and when Jungkook looked at him, he observed how this wasn't Yoongi anymore, this was Avatar. The others picked up on it as well and Jungkook tried to contain his inner fangirling as he saw all of them in their hero mode.

They finally reached the floor and quietly looked around the room. The floor was quite big, made up of three large rooms so they split into two groups: Avatar and Lady, and Swift and Angel.

Jungkook was in the middle of looking through a cabinet when a sudden noise was heard from the other room. Avatar quickly ran towards the noise and Jungkook followed him.

When they reached the room, Avatar immediately went into action but Jungkook stood there in shock. Swift was currently fighting with a man who was controlling water, Taint, and Angel was shooting beams of light at a man who had a black shield protecting him, Mask. Avatar changed into a beautiful black panther and jumped on a man who looked extremely calm and collected, Demon. They all fought into these groups when Jimin was able to hit Mask with a light whip, making the latter fall backward, holding his stomach as he started to bleed. Taint and Demon immediately ran to him and Swift, Angel, and Avatar also reunited towards Jungkook.

"Well, it seems like you've been training since the last time we've met. Have you been thinking of me?" Mask taunted with a smirk making Angel clench his jaw.

"Enough. Give us the USB key." Avatar ordered as he glared at the trio.

"Now what makes you think we have it?" Mask answered with that same cocky smirk.

"Fine." Avatar turned to Swift and nodded. "Plan R" Demon's eyes opened wide in shock.

"MOV-" Demon's words were cut off as he pushed Taint to the side. Swift hit a button and an explosion went off. Jungkook, who was clueless and overwhelmed, dropped to the floor as his ears rang.

A few minutes passed and everything was silent. Dust was everywhere and Jungkook couldn't see anything. What do I do?! Where are the others? Are they okay? What if they're hurt? What if they're dead? What's happening?! I-I ... I need to calm down.

Jungkook tried to calm himself down and listened. He heard a slight movement close to him and crawled towards the noise. There he found Avatar and Angel under a desk.

"Are you okay?!" Jungkook immediately asked.

"We're fine for the most part but I think my arm is broken," Angel said with a hiss when he tried to move his arm. Jungkook nodded, closed his eyes and lightly touched his arm. Yep, slight break. When he opened his eyes, Angel looked relieved and whispered thanks.

Jungkook stood up and found the room to be a mess. The floor above collapsed a bit and everything was destroyed.

"Stay here. I'm going to look for Swift." Before the others could complain, Jungkook jumped over the desk and crouched down to go under a huge part of the ceiling that fell. Jungkook coughed when he finally went through, dust was everywhere and breathing was getting hard. He pushed himself to look around and saw the top of Swift's head behind a cabinet. Jungkook hurriedly crawled towards him and without asking about how he was, he grabbed his arm and scanned his body. Slight concussion. Broken toe. broken rib.

"Thank you so much." Jungkook looked at Swift's face and smiled in relief at the sight of his blinding smile.

"No problem. The others are at a desk close to the entrance. Can you get there?" Once Swift affirmed that he could, Jungkook went to the other side of the room, ignoring Swift calling him.

**********

Hey Babes! 

The story is finally moving along and I'm so excited for you guys to see what happens next!

Also, get ready for Jungkook to do a lot of hairstyles, I'm a bit obsessed with his long hair hehe

Have an amazing week! Love you!!

**********