A Sibling's Perspective

Chitose Aoyama

When you say the word "client", it either means a drug costumer or a costumer seeking sexual pleasure. Well my mind is not crazy to comprehend such thing. If you read news and watch movies, you can see how clients does.

Well some clients are actually good people. I did not say all business are drugs or sexual pleasure anyways. Sometimes clients can be a long term costumer for a business. I mean doesn't that how you describe a client?

Well anyways, today is hot. Surprisingly it is Autumn now. The second month of Autumn to be exact. It should be colder these days since Winter is soon upcoming, but hell! My skin burns like tofu. It hurts.

Well if I say that I am burning in the sun's ray, I guess that does not go the same for my sister, who is calmly waiting for the light to turn green.

Yes, I, or we are in a pedestrian lane right now. And in a rare occassion, I am spending my day-off with my sister; Hiroka Aoyama. Well it is totally funny that my favorite author has the same name as my sister but my love for her is totally tenfold than my love for Hiroka Shiori-sensei, but then again, I guess that does not fall the same for the person in subject. Also, I do checkups on Hiroka's room so I can confirm that she is not Hiroka-sensei.

Hiroka Aoyama. First year high-school and in the same class as Chinatsu-chan. They don't talk much but I guess they are friends. I hope that they will be good friends. I kinda treat Chi-chan like my sister though.

Yes, I treat Chinatsu-chan like my sister that I want to take her away from that ugly hag who knows nothing but sleep amd gets high grades regardless of his behaviour. Such impudent bastard.

Well since it's my day-off, I guess I'll forget about him for now. I have a lot of baggage that I don't want to think about it. Added by that girl who visited the clubroom yesterday.
Ah! What a pain! Our first club activity has come in the time we never expected. How surprising.

So as for the details; Haruka Suzumiya. First year high-school in Kamiyama Gakuen, which is our school. She apparently is our underclassman.

The reason why she went to the clubroom yesterday was to ask us for assistance about her romance, which is pretty obvious. I totally am not up for this job, but again and needless to say, that does not go the same for that otafool who likes this kind of cliche situation.

The target is a second year high-school in Class-E. Her childhood friend; Seichi Nobuki. Well we still don't have info about the target so we cannot move freely yet, and thus we postponed our task for a while, which is clearly an excuse to take the sunday day-off which ended up in a shopping trip with Hiroka.

Hiroka has been quiet since we left. Well, that is no surprise. She has an introvert side which keeps her inside her thick hide. An armor nobody could pierce, nobody but frustratingly, Yuukihiko..

Hiroka does not talk to just anyone. I, even her own sister, do not have a worthwhile story to tell about me and her. Apparently even I who she grow up with has no strength to pierce that hide, but in an unexpected situation, that fool did so.

While I was lost in thoughts, I noticed that Hiroka isn't by my side anymore. I panicked and looked around which then happened to pan across the street. There, Hiroka waved her hands expressionessly as if she is calling me towards her.

How melancholically sweet little sister you are. I really want to punch that fool for seducing my cute little sister in his side. Ah! How infuriating!

Me and Hiroka went home afterwards. My head is filled with sizzles. Today is not a good day and tomorrow won't be as well. We need to start our job by tomorrow. Ugh! If only I could refute that Oga. Such beast who puts his job into others. How cruel could he be! And so the night passed through with me trying to cope with my anger.

Hiroka Aoyama

I don't know when this started, and probably it's obvious, but I am in love with a certain person. Though even if this love is forbidden due to some circumstances, I am satisfied just to see that person I love in the hallways oftenly, in his chair reading a book, or in the third floor vending machine where nobody uses and sit in the bench beside it enjoying the peaceful environment offered by nature.

Today is Monday, yesterday was Sunday. A day spent with my older sister whom I admire. Though admiration is not technically love. I do love my older sister but it's not the same as my love for that person.

I guess I am in love with my senpai; Yuukihiko Tanaka-san.

If I were to write this in my bibliography, I am sure that the readers would have guessed that with a single glance. Or do they even need to glance just to know my feelings towards him? It's obvious, right? Though nobody really cared if I do so.

"Good morning, Hiroka-chan."

"Good morning, senpai."

This is our normal greeting. Right now I am in the hallway senpai always use to go to his classroom. Just a normal greeting day by day. Without the hint of malice and affection, I put a very thick hide to keep the friendly state between me and senpai.

"Senpai, did you watched the news last night?"

"I did. I heard it'll rain later today. Hiroka-san, did you bring your umbrellas?"

"I always bring mine just in case. How about you, senpai?"

"I didn't."

"Eh, why?"

"The weather seems too nice to rain. Plus weather forecasts isn't always right, you know."

"I know but still. If it were to rain later on, won't you be able to go home?"

"Well technically, no. I mean I can run towards the station."

"But that would take a long trip, given on how frail you are."

"I am not frail. I just lack of exercise."

"It's the same thing."

"It is?"

"No."

"Eh? Make up your mind, Hiroka-san. But think about it, won't you help me if I get sick?"

"That depends in the situation."

"Hmm. Then I'll be counting on you once that happens."

"Don't get your hopes up, okay?"

Just like this and just like that. We both laughed it off like we are not talking about such serious matters. Just like me, Yuukihiko-senpai is shut to his own world, just the same as me. That probably is why I can comfortably talk to him normally, since we bear the same pain anyways.

Once we reach a certain annex, we separate from our path and go to different classes. I am a first year highschool and he is a secomd year. Meaning that we are in the first floor while they are in the second one.

Another lonely day again for me. An unproductive day of lurking in the shadows with a book in my hands and eyes in these little words.

Class has ended a while ago. In the huge yet barren library, I sat in the librarian's tabl, reading a book I finished few times before. Nobody usually comes here. It's quiet and peaceful. Just the way I want to spend the rest of my day as I wait for the classes to end and go home to rest and study all over again.

I want to see senpai's smile again as my vision fade and I rest my head in my arms; I start to hear a gentle whisper from the man I love saying...

"You did well, Hiroka-chan."