A Chain That Binds Us.

(1)
His view was blurry. The sound of the alarm clock beeped through his ears. It was almost deafening but he casually pressed the off button without looking at it, as if he was used to it, or rather he was.

If a normal person was to hear such loud sound early in the morning, they'll definitely go deaf. But this loudness was nothing but a prologue to what awaits every morning. Yuukihiko's morning is louder than his alarm clock.

Yuukihiko opened his eyes and saw the same ceiling he sees every night before he sleeps ans every morning after he wakes. The same old ceiling from when he started to go independent. He was still sluggish, for now he rubbed his eyes from his morning tears.

After doing so, his movement seems to have improved. He looked down in his desk and see his textbook along with pen and a mug of hot cocoa from last night. He was wondering how long has he stayed up last night, nor how long has he studied throughout the night. The fact that he got transfered into his bed mysteriously did not bothered him, as if it was a norm of his nightly life. As he pondered his eyes through his desk, a photo frame of Chinatsu lies beside the lamp, along with an unfamiliar girl which he holds dear.

Yuukihiko cannot remember who was the girl, what is his connection with her or Chinatsu, or why was she even with her. Though despite that, deep inside he feels a strong emotion of love within his heart. He seems to treasure the girl in the photo, even though she might be a ghost of his past.

Yuukihiko smiled as he looked at the photo which can faintly be seen. Yuukihiko turns the lights off when he sleeps to wake up early at the time of 4:50AM when the stars are still visible. He stood in his feet and walked to the window and unveiled the curtains. There before his eyes was a massive space that extends through and through the infinite sky. To get a clear view, he put his glasses on and mesmerized the beauty of the sky.

"Early birds gets the early worms, huh?"- he faintly whispered under his breath. "Though I wonder what will happen later on, especially that our first club activity starts today."- he added.

"Indeed. Today is the day they will help the underclassman who needed our help. To tell you the truth, I am not a fond of romance. I hate it. Though that goes different for the fictional world."-Yuukihiko smiled to himself. A satisfied air willowed throughout him.

Yuukihiko checked the time. "5:05" it says. "Ah, I might have woke too early."-he murmured. "Though I guess it was worth it."-he took his phone and captured a photo of the starry sky.

Yuukihiko went out from his room and walked to the end of the corridor and stopped at a certain door. In where he stopped was a nameplate saying "Chinatsu". Yuukihiko raised his hand gesturing a knock. But what would happen if he did? Will Chinatsu wake up? He wondered. Though I guess she's pretty much tired. Maybe I should give her time to rest.

Yuukihiko walked down to the stairs and went to the kitchen. Before he proceed to the kitchen, he checked the door.

"They haven't came home last night either, huh?"

It was not new for both Chinatsu and Yuukihiko for their parents to not come home. They got used to it though they never really hold anything for it. They've both grown to the point that they only need each other to survive without relying on their parents, though probably Chinatsu adapted that personality from her elder brother.

Yuukihiko opened the fridge and took some egg and oil along with that. They don't have anything but those. As he grabbed the egg from it's container, Yu-chan looked at the egg and oil before closing the fridge, losing the light that supports the dark kitchen. It was still dawn. The fresh air of the early morning gave him nostalgias. Though he probably did not pondered about those thoughts. He looked seriously at the dish in his hands. He probably is wondering if Chinatsu would like it. Though in the end, he cooked omelette for breakfast and made lunch for his little sister along with that.

(2)
Class ended. Today was a half-day due to the extended time for club activities. Yu-chan was already in the clubroom and he was alone. He rested his head in the table, thinking about how he will solve the issue of his underclassman. The sun was still on strike as it pierced through the window curtain.

The room was ventilated due to the airconditioner, though he can't just relax. For some reason, he has been feeling anxious about this.

The subject hersef was one of his problem but the fact that he needed to submit a narrative report about the club activity was a bit. While his thoughts wandered through the blank space of hopes and despair, a familiar sillhouette appeared beyond the sliding door.

That heaved Yu-chan's chest more tightly. He was desperately searching for hopes yet despair has came by. The sliding door slid loudly and a familiar scent fluttered into the air along with the ventilation of the aircon.

She entered the room silently. Without a greeting nor any insults. Maybe she feel like she needed to be quiet for today so she did not spoke a single word of insult, but that does not seems to be the case. She looked to the depressed Yuuki before sliding the door to its close and walked to the farthest chair opposite from the boy.

She sat down. She was stiff as stick but nimble at some point. There was no way no one would sense someone who went it, that is why Yuuki broke the ice in an instant;

"Good afternoon, Chitose."

Chitose became more stiffened but found a slight comfort that suddenly vanished away. She might be happy that her enemy was in his depresso mode and could not talk properly. Whatever it is, however, there was no point in learning so. Out of courtesy she replied;

"Good afternoon, Yuu. You don't look so well. Did something happen?"

"Ah. Don't mind me. It's just my personal troubles and it's nothing so important."

"It seriously sounds like you are assuming that I'll help you with it. But well, okay."

Normally this conversation does not happen so well but Yuukihiko and Chitose does address theirselves without formality, just their own names. It was a surprise that both of them can still converse normally despite being almost cats and dogs.

"So, you looked so nervous. What's up?"

"It got nothing to do with you so don't bother asking."

"Eh? We rarely talk to each other and that's how you'll treat me?"

"I treat everyone in my own choosing. Don't you ever complain about it."

"Right... Well whatever, it's not like I'm interested about your issues."

"Ha? Then why did you asked about it?"

"The same reason as you."

"The same reason?"

"You asked me because you also don't care, right?"

Chitose fell into silence. She can't find the word she wanted to say. She just looked upon the depressed looking Yuuki which buried his face entirely to his arms.

"Well anyways the client should be here soon, so we probably get ready for the worst."- Yuuki waved his hand while his face was still buried under his arm.

"Okay."-she whispered down her breath. Chitose bowed her head and took out a pendant out from her chest. It looks like a photo holder pendant. Inside it was a photo of a young girl and a young boy which looks to be having a fight. Chitose smiled as she stared at the photo and whispered;

"I hope you come back soon, my fiancé."