Chapter 1 - In the Mess Called Life

"Life is unfair. Most of us complain. But few don't, because either they've lost hope that someone would listen or they've accepted what is!"

Stoic. That's how his family defined, Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Tragedy changes people. But something worse had happened with Shivaay. One tragedy defined him. It happened way too early- in his childhood. His parent's death had sucked in all the light from his life. He thrived in darkness. He was well accustomed to it. There was only one ray of light in his life- his younger sister, Priyanka. He lived for her. The no-nonsense businessman he was didn't deter him from being the best elder brother a sister could wish for. When she expressed her wish to marry Daksh Kapoor, a person she told she loved. He assumed the responsibility of their dead parents and asked the Kapoors to accept the proposal. He would do anything to get the two married if that was what Priyanka wanted.

Tia Kapoor had always wanted to be still richer. Now when a handsome rich man, Shivaay, came for his sister's marriage to her brother.  She couldn't miss the opportunity to mention how much she would love if he married her. Shivaay knew, what the implication was. He had no problem, he'd even happily give his life for his little sister's happiness. Two marriages were fixed - Tia and Shivaay being the ones to get hitched first and soon after Daksh & Priyanka

Omkara Singh Oberoi walked into the living hall to find his brother Rudra and his cousin-sister Priyanka chirping merrily. "What's up people?" He asked looking at the variety of wedding cards on the table.

"We are selecting the wedding card for Bhaiya and Tia Bhaabs." Priyanka informed excitedly. Shivaay's official engagement with Tia was soon approaching, Priyanka couldn't be more excited. Her brother was marrying Daksh's sister. Oh, what a happy family they'd all make. Omkara gave her a smile. Irony- the man whose wedding was soon to be on cards was least interested. Sighing he thought of heading to the office where he'd most probably find his brother engulfed in work. "Rudra, you don't have work?" He asked his younger brother who was smiling looking at his smartphone.

"Nope, bro. It's a day off from the shoot." The dasing model answered without caring to look up at him. Omkara shook his head and marched out. Sometimes he couldn't believe this was his family. He met his grandmother on the way out who was returning from the temple. He quickly took her blessings and continued on his way to the car. Lest she should catch hold of him and try convincing him to get married, her next goal in life.

 * * *

"Gauri Trivedi, your lunchbox!" Anika screamed running out to the veranda of the chawl they stayed in. Anika and Gauri lived with their aunt who hated them. Time had taught Anika how to ignore the hatred and live for her little sister Gauri and  tiny cousin-brother Saahil. The terrible treatment met out to the sisters by their aunt did not stop them from loving her son Saahil. Saahil hated how his mother treated his sisters, but there was nothing he could do about it. Anika always taught him to love and respect elders. Saahil's respect for Anika never let him disobey his mother. However,  Saahil enjoyed the company of his carefree, cool, badass sister Gauri. Together they'd play pranks on his mother, of course, never letting Anika find out about it.

"She forgot her lunchbox again? I am telling you, Didi, she does that so that she gets to eat at the canteen!" Saahil commented as Anika entered the house.