Chapter 3 : First Sight

Anika had called Priyanka's brother Shivaay, summoning him to the hospital mentioning that Priyanka wasn't well. On the way to the hospital, Priyanka had fainted in the auto-rickshaw. Anika timidly paced up and down the hospital corridor hoping she'd be okay. Blinded by her worry, she turned around sharply only to collide with a man. She held on to him, "I am sorry." She whispered.

Blues eyes looked back at her. She was momentarily dazed. She had never seen eyes like those before. It couldn't just be because of their unique color. There was something about those eyes. She realized he had his hands on her arms just like she had on his. She pulled back quickly jerking into reality. He simply turned and walked away. The said, a person's eyes revealed his soul. His, definitely did, but she couldn't comprehend their depths. 

She sighed and sat once again praying for Priyanka to get well. She had called Gauri to inform her that she might be late because of work. "Priyanka Singh Oberoi, she's my sister." She heard a loud desperate voice. She turned to find the same man talking to a nurse. He was Shivaay.

"Shivaay" she called and he turned in her direction. Those lovely eyes intimidating her. He walked over to her.

"I am Anika, I called you. Your sister passed out after we..."

"Where is she?" He cut her off with his demanding question.

Anika gulped, pointing to the room she was in. He gave her a hard gaze, "you're the so-called wedding planner?"

"Yes." Anika kept her answer simple.

He nodded and turned on his heels towards the room. Anika was baffled by his cold demeanor. She simply went back to sitting on the chair. Minutes later he walked out with the doctor. The doctor walked down the corridor while he stared at her. She got to her feet at once, "how is she, is she okay?"

"Seems to be a case of poisoning. What did she eat?" His tone sent chills down her smile. He was the exact opposite of what his sister was.

"She had some blueberry pastry and coffee."

"That's it?"

"What did you eat?"

"Umm, nothing."

"How long were you with her?"

"Two hours."

His threatening gaze loomed over her face. "You poisoned her. How much money do you need?"

"What!" Anika exclaimed shocked.

"Look, I know what people like you do. Trap innocent rich girls like my sister manipulate them for money. I don't want you anywhere near my sister, ever again." He issued a warning glaring at Anika.

Anika couldn't take anymore. "I have been silent but now you're taking advantage of my silence. If it wasn't for me your sister would have passed out while driving. I urged her to the hospital. I don't fancy rich people. They usually lack basic common sense. Here's the key to her car, and here's her purse." Anika spoke handing him the purse and keys. "Check both the car and purse. You shouldn't find a penny missing." Saying that she turned around.