bullshit ★ anthony reeves

1:24 am.. a new record.

he stays out later and later as the nights go by. my body misses his touch, his caring, gentle caress.

i've tried to reach a number of times now, but no response. i've gotten out a book, trying to pass the time.

the only sounds heard are the flipping of pages, and the dog trotting around the house.

i run my hand through my thin hair, setting the book onto the coffee table. i get up and walk to the kitchen, grabbing a tea.

the door finally opens, the noise of anthony's keys make me cringe. i set down my bottle of water, disregarding anthony.

i walk back into the living room, picking up my mess and putting it away. anthony grabs my waist, pulling me into him.

"let go of me please." i say calmly, not wanting to cause a problem.

"why? aren't you happy to see me? you're always happy to see me.." he trails off, seemingly upset.

"yeah, but not when you stay out till 1:30 in the morning, ant." i say, pulling out of his grasp and continuing my task.

"do you think i'm cheating or something?" he asks, genuinely curious.

"i never said that. it's just bullshit that i wait up for you, and you just decide to take your happy fucking time getting home like it's no problem. it's exaughsting, ant. I don't know what you're doing when you're out, but i don't want to think about it because it scares me." i let out, a tear rolling down my face.

"that's bullshit, y/n. you know i'm yours. i'm only in love with you. why are you all of the sudden tense about all of this? you used to be cool with it." he asks, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"you're gonna leave if i tell you. and I don't want you to leave.. so." i mumble the last part, but he hears me.

he stays quiet, just looking at me. he studies my face for a minute, the dig trotting into the room and then out of the doggie door.

"fine. i'm pregnant. almost two months in. it's yours, obviously.. that's why i've been pushing off sex, that's why I don't go out with you guys anymore, and that's why i'm so fucking scared of you being gone as late as you are because i feel like one of these times you're never going to come back and that's fucking terrifying, ant.. because i can't lose you." i blurt, tears now streaming down my face.

"y-you're pregnant ?" he asks, his eyes sparkling, and a smile playing out on his face.

i simply nod my head, stilk waiting for his true respons.

"okay, wow dumbass. i'm not going anywhere, and as much as it sucks that you think i would, i get it. i love you with all my heart, y/n. i love our humor together, the way you laugh, and your smile, and so much more. you are the love of my life and there is nothing more i could want then to be able to raise OUR baby together. i'm not going anywhere, mamas." he tells me, kissing my lips.

"i love you ant." i cry, flinging myself into his arms.

"i love you so much more, mamas." he smiles.

he carries me upstairs and to our room. he lays ne down on the bed, pulling his shirt off, and pulling mine up a bit.

i lay there, listening to anthony talk to the barely formed baby inside of me, occasionally kissing my bump.

*a/n this absolutely sucks, but i'm super busy with school rn, and i missed the due date for all of my finals and didn't turn them in, and failed them all (im homeschooled so i didn't have any teachers reminding me of the due date) and yeah. but hopefully i'll find time to write more often. love you all, kisses 🤩*