Long Live (Nalu)

I still remember that moment, at the back of my mind. The day we stood with our shaking hands and the crowd and stands went wild.

They treated us like Kings and Queens, as they read off mine and your name. The way you danced like our lives will never be the same. You held your head like a hero. And I know you are a hero. To this town, the kingdom and to me.

It was the end of the decade, but the start of an age.

I remember them yelling.

"Long live, Natsu and Lucy! Our saviour!" The crowd chanted.

The kingdom shines, just for me and you. I, too, was screaming along with the crowd.

"Long live!" I screamed with you. Our voices blended together very well.

One day, when we die, we will be remembered.

I remember this feeling, I passed the pictures around. For all the years we stood at the sidelines, waiting for right now.

We are the Kings and the Queens. You traded your baseball cap for a crown. When they gave us our trophy, and we held them up in our hands for our town!

The enemies were outraged! Screaming 'This is fraud!'

Long live, all the walls would crash through, all the kingdom's light would shine through just for me and you!

I was screaming long live, all the magic we made.

I'm not afraid, as long as I'm with you!

Long live! All the mountains we moved. I have the time of my life, fighting dragons with you.

I was screaming long live, you were looking at me with a smile on your face.

One day, we will be remembered.

When you fall on the ground, I felt like I've wanted to die with you.

We all take a moment.

When I ran to you, you looked at me and smiled. My tears fell on your face, but you didn't care. You just touched my face and smiled again. You knew you were going to die. You said something I can never forget.

"I wish I could stand with you forever, but if God forbid, fate should step in," I leaned in and hugged you while crying. "Forces us to say goodbye. But if you have children, if they point to my picture. Please tell them my name. Tell them how the crowd went wild. Tell them how our faces both shine. I have the time of my life with you. Long live."

I cried and stood up. Because I know I have to fight for you.

Long, long live!

I'm now standing in front of the mirror. Staring at my reflection. My eyes were red from crying.

My white wedding gown didn't look so good with my puffed face.

I wish you'd be the one who's going to say I do in front of the altar.

A knock on the door, revealing the prince's cousin, Princess Lisanna Strauss, she doesn't live here, she's just here for the wedding. She's originally from Kingdom Edolas.

"We're going to be late if you don-"

She stopped as soon as she sees me.

Her reaction softened. "Lucy. Lucy, are you alright?"

I nodded but tears streamed down my face and before I realized it, I was crying on Lisanna's shoulder.

I was the saviour, I'm supposed to marry Loke Lion, the prince here in Kingdom Celestial.

"I don't want to marry him," I said, calming down a bit.

"You still like Natsu, don't you?" She asked and I nodded. "Well, I know what Natsu would say in this kind of situation."

I looked up at her, she grinned and it made me smile a bit.

"What?" I asked.

" 'Let's ditch!' " She said, imitating Natsu.

I nodded.

A knock on the door, and Loke appeared. He smiled and spoke.

"You're ready for the wedding?" He asked sweetly. I looked at Lisanna and she nodded.

I grinned at Loke.

"Sorry Loke," I said. "But I think I'm going to ditch!"

Then I ran away while laughing. I hear Loke calling me and Lisanna screaming 'Go Lucy'.

I kept running even if the people stared and gasp. When I reached a deserted place, I smiled contentedly and looked up to the sky.

"Long live, Natsu and Lucy," I said and started walking again.