Welcome to Utopia

Welcome to Utopia, mothertroopers of all genders, colours, creeds, shapes, subspecies and sizes

Welcome to Utopia, mothertroopers of all genders, colours, creeds, shapes, subspecies and sizes. Whether you hail from lush, lovely Earth or the stacked megacities of Ursurbla, everybody can call Utopia home. Anyone can find a place in the pages of our fine Tevun-Krus.

Some of you have been 'troopers for this long and some of you haven't, but seventy issues ago, way back in 2014, we did Tevun-Krus #8: Dystopian SF. Now we've finally gotten around to doing the logical counterpart: Utopian SF!

Everyone seems to have an idea what a Dystopian world looks like (no, teenage girls will not save the day). I mean, it's basically a shithole, but can't one man's dystopian shithole be another man's "utopian" dictatorship? I suppose you need to look at the masses—are the masses generally oppressed or are they generally free?

So what is Utopian SF? Is there an objective definition? Or will we inevitably be accused of political bias for saying free healthcare, education, a health-based approach to drug use and rehabilitation, universal basic income for everybody, art is beautiful, no more crime, no more war, peace, love, success for everybody, that's our Utopia!

Perhaps brain implants and body mods will level the playing field and bring about a new utopia, but only if they're dirt-cheap and don't give you gonorrhea!

Onward and upward, towards the pristine pathways and scenic side-streets of our glorious Utopia, where the grass is always green and the skies are always blue and life is always free!