[Chapter 10: Digging]

The Assembly had to be a meeting point. They gave the intelligent extraterrestrial races statuses. None made sense to me. However, it elevated my fears. One race was horrifying enough. The Isyr were coming as well? What chance does humanity have?

I stumbled back for a moment. The ominous hologram glowed blue. Spheres floating in deep space. How many more were after us?

My legs shook as I fell back into the chair behind me. I did nothing but sit there in shock and helplessness. The universe just kept throwing more bricks at me, wondering when I would break. I wondered myself. Anymore... And I didn't think I could take it.

I removed the guard's helmet from my head, sweat rolled off my forehead. I took deep breaths. Fretting would not help, I repeated to myself. But what more could I do?

"It's terrifying isn't it? But I believe not everyone has ill intent."

My head snapped to beside me. Seated on the silver chair to my right, was yet again at unexpected times, the boy from my dreams. He was seated relaxedly, arms folded behind his head, observing the hologram. The dull blue glow made his eyes glitter.

"How are you here?! Oh my god, am I asleep? Did I pass out?" I frantically asked.

He shifted his position and sat up straight, turning towards me. "You broke the cuffs. Your Akashic flow is not inhibited, and so, I'm projecting myself through you. I'm not really here, Laila," he explained, with an outstretched hand he attempted to pat my head but it went right through, like a hologram.

I raised a brow, at the moment I forgot my fears of the impending doom. The curious individual before me stole my attention. "In all honesty, who are you? And I want a good answer this time," I asked.

The boy hummed beside me, ignoring me. But after noticing I was not letting it slide, he let out a sigh. "Sometimes it's better off not knowing certain things," he responded.

"I said I wanted a proper answer!" I retorted.

He gazed at the floating orbs of the hologram, his eyes distant. Alas, he spoke, but when he did, he sounded wiser and older than he did a couple of seconds ago.

"In the grand scale of cosmic events, there is material need and races fighting for it. However, beyond physical events, we realize the mind holds the greatest power of them all. We lose desire for materialism and achieve true ascension. It's the greatest gift of them all. Tell me, Laila. If you had the chance to step into heaven, a paradise, would you ever turn back to the hellish planet we call Earth, and descend back into it?"

I stared at him. He had a wistful smile. I had a niggling feeling, that I knew him from somewhere before.

"I... Don't know... Depends. What if it means leaving the people I care about? But then again, if I've achieved true ascension. Doesn't that mean I have no desires towards people whatsoever...?" His question got me pondering.

"That's what we think... It truly is a mystery. The world beyond..." he trailed off.

"So... That's what you are then... An angel that decided to fall to earth?"

The boy laughed at my statement. "Goodness, no! I'm human just like you..." he said, still laughing.

I folded my arms, "So...?"

He waved his hand brushing me off, "Enough chatting, time to get to work, Laila. You came here to snoop around for plans, didn't you? Better do it before the sun rises and the big boss returns," he said, standing up, as did I.

Now the hologram before me felt less scary and more intriguing after I gave my feelings some time to settle down. I stood behind the table and saw the projector was attached to a crystal screen. Brushing my fingers over it, the display changed. Now it was a blueprint of a cone-shaped device.

"This is the activator, AHM333!" I recognized the structure from the last time. Pinching at the projector and pulling back, the structure zoomed in to the inner-workings. The spherical crystal was situated at the center. I now knew what it was. Ekhol.

Back in the past, I learned that Ekhol was a rare mineral that could harness Akashic energy. The people back then would use it for not only spiritual methods but also engineering purposes. I had help from an inventor friend, Werdi, to design a weapon that would harness Ekhol to stand a chance at defeating the alien fleet, since the Atlantean army had been severely reduced. But the aliens confiscated my plans along with my other things when I got captured. There was also the situation where I did not know where to mine Ekhol.

"Say, do you by any chance know where my things are and where we can mine Ekhol at this day and age?" I asked Mr. Dream Friend.

He gave me smile, "I do know where Ekhol is abundantly available, but it its pretty risky to obtain. Your things on the other hand..." He shrugged, "No clue."

I swiped the tablet and saw various other plans and data. Some were about me, and their experimentation. There was even some about Axel.

"Ugh, if only I had like a hard disk or something," I muttered, then glanced at the boy.

"What? You expecting me to have one. I'm from your head. All I have is useless information about you," he replied.

I stared at him incredulously. "You're kidding?"

"Not really," he said, apologetic. I shook my head, not wanting to dwell on that notion for too long.

"Well then, how am I going to keep all this data?" I thought hard, rummaging around the room. I really just wanted to grab the tablet and projector and go. This was alien technology, I had no idea how it worked.

"That's it. I'm grabbing this," I said doing just that. I somehow figured out how to turn off the projector and took both items.

"You know what that means then, Laila?" He said.

"What?"

He gave me a grin. "You're busting out of here. Right now. No going back," he said, which was right. If I stole their data, they will find out. Rys said we would escape when everyone was busy with the AHM333. But now, I was taking action way before schedule.

I stared at the devices in my hand. I remembered the floating spheres. There was no time to lose. I was not waiting for anyone to save me. I turned to the boy who was already waiting at the door and returned his smile with one of my own.

"Well then, buddy. Time to say goodbye to Atlantis."

____________________________________________________

A/N: Leave a vote, comment and share!