"Monster"

I was used to the stares and sniggers directed towards me whenever I would walk past the hallways. I never bothered to take care of my appearance and always showed up to school looking like a mess. I had unexplainable scars and scratches on my arm. Thousand of speculations about how I get into fights outside but was too weak to fight back, or that I had a "rough" night. The birthmark I had on my neck only make that assumption seem more believable, even if it was always on the same spot, never disappearing, never changing positions.

It didn't help that I was from a single-parent family. My mom was infamous for being an actress, more known for fooling around with men rather than her acting. My dad abandoned us, leaving one day with no explanation, just an empty room and a child's broken heart. All these were handed to me like a package that I could not return, left to deal with it on my own.

I quickly learned to just ignore people around and just move on with my own life, even if it meant doing so alone.

I was quick on my steps, manoeuvring my ways through the crowded hallways to get to my locker as the last bell rang and everyone was bustling out of their classrooms, all having their own individual plans to get to.

As I put my books into the locker, a shadow appeared above me and before I could react, my back was being slammed into the rows of lockers behind me. A sharp pain shot up my back and I looked up to glare at whoever had done that to me.

I almost wanted to roll my eyes when I came face to face Arlo, a devious smirk playing on his lips. He constantly came after me, as if taunting me was part of his daily routine. I wanted nothing more than to wipe that smirk off his face, to see that he never sends it towards my direction ever again, but I knew better. Going up against him would be easy but his group of lackeys which included the school jocks? No chance.

I bit my tongue, holding back the insults I wanted to throw at him for having nothing better than coming after at me every day, as I tried to move past him and be on my way. As I tried to walk away, both his hands were at the sides of my waist, pinning me against the lockers.

"Why are you leaving so soon? Got somewhere to go? Perhaps meeting someone?" Arlo's tone was teasing and I didn't miss the underlying message beneath his words.

"And that's none of your business, now if you excuse me." I pushed his arms away, which compared to his big size, was not actually that hard to do, but his lackeys were surrounding me before I could make any further than a few steps.

My patience was slowly wearing thin. I turned to glare at him, but I felt myself falter under his gaze for a moment. The smirk was still on his face, but his eyes seemed to burn with fury and I felt myself being scalded by his stare, never leaving my face.

I regained my composure as he made his way towards me again.

"Hey, why not make some time for me? I like it rough too you know," He reached his hands towards the scars on my arm and I quickly jerked my hand back at his touch. It was cold, sending chills down my hand.

He wasn't satisfied with how I reacted. He expected screams, protests, or something to show fear, to show that I was below him, to show that he was affecting me, getting into my head. I would never give him that pleasure.

I broke my way out of the circle, the carpark that was just a few metres away suddenly seemed so far, out of reach, as a hand grabbed my wrist in such a tight grip it was turning pale. One of his lackeys sent me flying into the lockers.

I scoffed seeing that it was one of his many lackeys that did that to me. Guess Arlo couldn't do anything about me when it came to force.

A scowl appeared on his face as he strode towards me and grabbed me by my collar. He leaned in towards me, lips way too close to my ears for comfort. I could feel his hot breath on my skin.