ONE

.

.

.

.

.

ONE | THE HORN

.

.

.

.

.

FOR AS LONG AS ANGELINA MURPHY COULD REMEMBER, SHE HAD ALWAYS BEEN A MONSTER! I suppose she couldn't help herself for thinking so, for her oldest memory was the one thing she wished she could forget and the one thing she would regret for the rest of her life. She couldn't blame anyone but herself for her misdeeds and that's what plagued her mind every day for the last ten years of her life since she made that one mistake ten years ago.

She could always see why her sister did what they did, she could understand why there was so much fear behind everyone's eyes those six years ago when she lost control and they suffered for it. Her own parents, dissolved in the flames that she could have prevented. The flames that she started because she was angered at the girl for enclosing her for so long. It was too much for a orphaned twelve year old to watch as her ten year old sister became the monster she possessed and murdered her own flesh and blood along with others in the village she called home. So Angelina understood why she took action.

She understood why Natalia Murphy abandoned her in the forest.

But that had been six years ago, the blossoming girl now sixteen years old with more power in her pinky finger than the Lord Protector had in his whole being despite his many years on the Narnian throne. Angelina Murphy knew more than anyone about Narnia, the girl having been raised among those who had also been deemed monsters throughout society and banished to the woods she was abandoned in.

Angelina had never expected to find herself belonging ever again. She never expected herself to find a family in the solitude of the trees among the Narnians who were sworn extinct. She never expected to ever fit in ever again and have people understand and not judge her for who she was.

She never expected to find happiness again.

Trufflehunter had never expected to find a human girl lying unconscious in the woods. He had also never expected to find that she was the warrior of the Enchantress who helped banish them to the woods all those years ago. But he wasn't afraid of her like the humans were; he saw the regret hidden between her eyes and the tears that welled in them and he knew that she had no control over what happened in the village nearby for it wasn't her doing but the Enchantress'. So he took her to the Council and let her explain herself and her doings. He had never expected for them to let her stay so quickly and Nikabrik to be the one to secure it.