THREE

.

.

.

.

.

THREE | THE ROYAL AWAKENING

.

.

.

.

.

CASPIAN'S EYES FLICKER OPEN, THE YOUNG PRINCE SQUINTING AT THE INTENSITY OF THE LIGHT IN THE ROOM HE WOKE UP IN. The Prince felt woozy, a headache clear as he worried he may have a concussion from an event he could barely remember. Caspian winced as he felt pressure being applied to his head, Caspian looking up to see a blonde maiden changing the bandages on his head. He didn't say anything for a moment, the girl looking down once she realised he was awake before she sent him a small smile.

"Oh, you're awake." She stated, standing up as she collected a glass of water and handed it to the Prince.

"Are you an Angel?" He asked her softly, the girl chuckling softly at his question as she shook her head.

"No."She stated as she watched him take a drink, a frown settling on the girl's face. "You shouldn't have come here."

"What?"

"They'll hurt you here," She whispers as she takes the glass from him. "you need to get to safety."

"I thought I saw some dwarfs but Narnians are extinct." He mutters dreamily, as if the Prince were in a trance.

"Caspian!" She glares as she slaps him out of his trance, quite literally. "You're not safe here, if she escapes then she'll kill you."

"If who escapes?" He asked her softly, the girl opening her mouth to speak again before she was interrupted by a voice.

"Angelina! It's time to train!" The gruff voice shouted, the girl wincing at the harshness as she looked from the door to Caspian with a frown.

"I'm coming." She shouted back, standing to go before Caspian grabbed her arm.

"Wait, if who escapes?" He asked, trying to sit up before the girl pushed him down.

"Angelina!" The same voice shouted, the girl meeting Caspian's eyes as guilt filled them immediately.

"I'm sorry Caspian." She muttered as she lifted her arm, Caspian watching as regret crossed across her face for a moment.

And then it was black.