FOUR

.

.

.

.

.

FOUR | THE DOUBLE ATTACK

.

.

.

.

.

THE SUN SHONE BRIGHTER THAN IT EVER HAD ON THAT DAY, REFLECTING ON THE WATER OF THE EVER BEAUTIFUL GLASSWATER RIVER AS IF THERE WERE NO WORRIES IN THE WORLD. The four Pevensies, after saving the strange dwarf were currently sat on the Telmarine soldiers boat as Trumpkin directed them down Glasswater river. It was silent as the four Pevensie observed the clear difference in the Narnia they knew when they were last there and what it had now strangely become. Edmund looks on with a frown as he feels eyes on him again, the boy looking to his left and catching a glimpse of the same figure again - the boy noting that it was in fact a woman this time, her eyes charcoal as she sent a wicked grin towards the boy.

"Peter." He muttered to his older brother, the oldest Pevensie opening his eyes to look at his brother. "I think we're being followed."

Peter looked around for a moment, seeing there was nothing out of the ordinary before he grunted and laid down in the boat again as he closed his eyes blissfully.

"Don't be ridiculous Ed."

Edmund sighed as he crossed his arms over his chest, the familiar fear he felt when he was merely a child entering his system again. Something about that woman, reminded him of her. Though they looked nothing alike, they gave off the same aura and that frightened Edmund. Edmund looked forward catching Trumpkin's eye for a moment, the dwarf studying Edmund before he looked to the side of the bank again and sighing. The Just King furrowed his eyebrows at the dwarf, knowing that there was something he wasn't telling them but not pressing him about it just yet as he sat back and looked at the scenery of Narnia as he sighed.

"They're so still." Lucy muttered, a small frown settling on her features as she looked at the trees surrounding the riverbank.

"They're trees. What do you expect?" Trumpkin responded as he shrugged at the girl.

"They used to dance." She mutters again causing Trumpkin to sigh at her words.

"It wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded. Those that survived retreated to the woods." Trumpkin stated before he looked to the trees and frowned. "And the trees have retreated so deeply inside themselves that no one has heard from them since."