Chuck Taylor Imagine

Requested by: FandomlessWrites21

Today was one of the biggest matches in Chuck's career. He and his partner Trent would be facing the Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team Championships.

I was lucky enough to be able to be backstage with him,  but something seemed off about him. He was silent and focused.

I sat next to him, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Do you mind?" He says.

"I just wanted to cuddle a little bit" I say, shocked by his attitude.

"This isn't the time or the place y/n. Why don't you go find someone else to annoy" he says. I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"What's wrong with you? You never act like this before a match. EVER! I know you are under a lot of stress, but you can't take that out in me"

"You're what's wrong with me. I need to focus and you've done nothing but be a distraction. Do me a favor. Next time stay back at the hotel. I don't want or need to be bothered" he snapped. Tears filled my eyes

"Fine, I'll go back to the hotel. But don't expect me to be there tonight. I'm going to stay with one of the girls," I walked out of his locker room, tears running down my face.

I got into the rental car, and drove back to the hotel, when I walked into the room I was supposed to share with Chuck, I started crying, harder than I had in years.

I never thought he would act like that. We had been together for 3 years and he never acted that way toward me. He hadn't raised his voice like that either.

Once I got myself calmed down, I started packing my bags, Britt was going to let me stay with her for the night. Until I flew home tomorrow afternoon.

I heard the door open as I put the last few items in my bag. My face fell as Chuck walked into the room

"You don't have to worry about me being here to annoy you, I'm going to spend the night with Britt"

"Please, don't leave. I'm sorry. I never should have taken all the stress I felt out on you" he says

"You think? All I tried to do was love you, let you know I was there, but pushed me away. You called me annoying and a distraction, That hurt Chuck"

"I know, I'm so sorry y/n, I wish I could take it all back. Truth is, I had so much more on my mind than just the match" he says

"Like what?"

"Well, about us. I want to take the next step in our relationship and I wanted you to move in with me. But I fucked that up and drove you away" he says

"I forgive you. I knew something else had to be up for you to act like that. Of course I'll move in with you babe! I can't wait to wake up every morning next to you"

"Really? You still want to? After I've been a jerk?" He asks

"Yeah, I want to, of course I'm still a little hurt, but I'll get over it. But I want to lay here and cuddle with you"

"You don't have to tell me twice. I'll happily cuddle my girl" he says, laying down beside me and wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm proud of you my champion" I said, giving him a gentle kiss

"How did you know we won?" He asks

"Matt and Nick told me earlier that you guys were taking the titles tonight, I just didn't want you to know that I knew anything"

"I just wish you were there tonight to celebrate, that I hadn't been a jerk" he says

"I'm here now aren't I? We'll go on a date tomorrow night to celebrate. Until then, I'm going to cuddle up with my guy, and come up with ideas for our date tomorrow"

"What are you planning?" He asks curiously

"You'll see"