his first crush

A/n: In this timeline, Tanjiro is 8 and Nezuko is 7 so Tanjuro and Kie had another child so Takeo was already born for a year now before Hinari met Tanjuro.

Tanjiro can smelled a nice scent from the child who is a bit older than him.

He stood far from the child he never seen before stand near the sliding door while watching the rain falls hard to the ground. Tanjiro noticed how rare to see light brown colored hair around here. Mostly, there are people with brown hair but theirs are more darker than this person had. Not only that, the child had very feminine-like face.

'She looks pretty.' Tanjiro blushed at his thought about the pretty girl' in front of him.

Then, he keeps up a scent of fear. He raised his head to see the girl is scared about something as her face looked pale.

Tanjiro walks forward slowly to the girl. His hand lifts up and then gently grab the girl's hand.

The girl flinched at his touch but quickly calm down. The green colored eyes stared down at his eyes, making eye contacts with her.

"Are you okay? I smelled the scent of fear from you, big sister." Tanjiro is worried about her.

She blinked her eyes in confusion. She stared at him and give him an awkward yet pretty smile. Tanjiro can feel the heat rising up to his face. He never thought the smile of the girl is so pretty. He never felt this feelings before. The feeling is more different than anything that he felt toward someone else including his parents and his little sister, Nezuko.

She is a girl who is a year younger than Tanjiro. Nezuko is his cute sister. Compare to her, this older girl is also pretty like his mother.

"Ah, yeah...I'm okay, thank you for asking...." her voice sounded somehow deeper than he could expected.

The girl raised her hand as she pointed her finger at herself. "And also..." She spoke. "I am actually a boy."

Tanjiro's mind suddenly become blank.

Tanjuro chuckled at his son's cute mistake about Hinari's real gender.

The feminine-look face child is actually male and Tanjiro should know that by his scent but somehow he got distracted by his sweet scent that he didn't thought that the child beside him is the same gender as him. Tanjiro is embarrassed at his horrible mistake.

Hinari raised his hand and pat the boy on the head to comfort him. "It's alright. I was often mistaken as a girl by Masaru when I first met him." He said but Tanjiro didn't lift his head yet since he still feel embarrassed over his silly mistake so he couldn't look at Hinari properly.

Hinari just realized that he haven't introduced himself to the boy yet.

"I totally forgot to introduce myself." This time, Tanjiro finally raise his head to look at Hinari. "My name is Hinari. Nice to meet you." Tanjiro learned about his name.

Hinari... what beautiful name...

His eyes slightly widened at the smile of the boy.

For a male, Tanjiro never see a male smiles so beautifully like that before. He feel shy again.

Looking down, his face become red again.

Hinari blinked in confusion on why Tanjiro doesn't respond.

He looked at Tanjuro and pointed to himself. "Did I do something to him?" He asked.

Tanjuro laughs gently. "It's alright, Hinari-kun. He need get used to it."