oi.chapterone

BEFORE BELLA ARRIVED PT.2

It had been a couple weeks since she met Edward in the woods

It had been a couple weeks since she met Edward in the woods. Serenity wouldn't say he was on her mind but she sometimes finds herself thinking about him and something was telling her this wouldn't be the last encounter. It was morning, the sound of chirping birds and the questing of crickets had pulled the dark skin girl out of her slumber. Tired eyes gazed at the rays of sun that peaked through the the windows of her room.

Reaching for her phone she seen she had woke up before her alarm. She lay under the mountain of pillows that was placed on large window seat like bed that was tucked in the corner of her room. Stretching out her foot hit something hard, looking sown she was met with the sleeping face of her best friend, Jacob Black. The young native boy had his mouth slightly ajar his dark brown hair spread across his face and Serenity fought the urge to giggle. Cracking a smile instead, she reached down moving the hair out of his face she shook him gently.

Even though it was a school night, Jacob had stayed over. The two had to compromise and they had to set their alarms a couple hours before they would usually get up if he hadn't. If they were at Serenity's home she would get dress and then drive Jacob home so he could get ready then they both would be ready in time for school and vice versa.

"Come on, Jake. We have to get up." She said, watching has his eyes fluttered open and he closed his mouth. He yawned, long limbs stretching out before he finally sat up and huffed slightly. Serenity raised her eyebrows at him "You good?" She asked and he nodded. He was a very quiet morning person, takes a while for him to get connected with the rest of the world. Stretching herself the girl stood, crossing the large room she went to her closet. Sifting through the large wardrobe she grabbed her preferred items as well as new underwear and her shower cap to place over her bonnet. She had flat ironed her hair the night before and nothing not even the slightest bit of humidity would ruin her hard work.

"Your tooth brush is still in my bathroom." She told him, watching out the corner of her eye as he started to nod off again. "Ok." He mumbled, causing her to roll her eyes "You better be up once i get out the shower." She told him before entering her bathroom to continue on with her routine.

Barely fifteen minutes passed and Serenity was already out of the shower, she had her school clothes on but she still had her bonnet on. Waiting to escape the steam in the bathroom before uncapping her hair, moving to her vanity she took said bonnet off. Taking the clips out of her hair that held her silk pressed hair in form, letting the dark brown almost black hair fall down her shoulders and settling past her chest.

She could see Jacob sleep behind her through the mirror, so she quickly did her hair letting her bangs returning to its place on her forehead. Putting light makeup on she was finished. Standing up from the vanity she made her way back over to Jacob and shook him once more "Jake c'mon" he opened his eyes, and Serenity smiled down at him as he blinked a couple times "You look pretty." He said with a small smile, and serenity laughed as she picked up a pillow from beside him.

"Thank you, now get up." She said before wacking him with the pillow a couple times "ok, ok, I'm up." He surrendered, and Serenity huffed "finally, now go brush your teeth." She said as she jokingly pinched her nose. Kissing his teeth Jacob gave her a shove as she laughed.

"I'll meet you down stairs." She told him, grabbing her jacket, her backpack, and her phone she exited the her room.

Moving towards the stairs she could hear hushed voices and see shadows dancing in the light of her father study that sat at the end of the stairs. Lightly she stepped down the steps and stopped at the doorway, tilting her head she peeked into the room her. Her step mother stood infront of her fathers desk her hands moving wildly as she spoke, her father sat behind his desk doing the the thing he always did when he was frustrated, rubbing at his forehead.

"You know this town talks right? And they talk about your daughter..." the frustrated voice of Charlotte came to her ears as she watched the pajama clad crazy lady pace the floor. "They talk about how rude she is, how aggressive she can be- hell the Newton's rave on and on about how difficult she is when she stops at their store." Her voice continued to raise, "and her provocative clothing and how she's out late. That reflects on me, David. It does." Serenity rolled her eyes at that as she waited for the conversation to continue, she just thought it was hilarious that charlotte thought she was the problem when every time the older woman stepped into a town event or a grocery store even, the crowd would collectively make sounds of annoyance.

She felt Jacob come up behind her, looking back towards him he made a questioning face towards her. Shaking her head she put her finger to her mouth, signaling to be quiet before pointing at her ear.

"What do you want me to do about that lottey? Hm? Because I'm not going to make my daughter stop being herself just because the town doesn't like it." Her father spoke next his voice riddled with sleep and annoyance, charlotte made a noise of frustration and stomped her foot like a child "you're not even trying to look at this from my point of view. She's embarrassing and dare i say, a bitch!" She was shouting now, and the sudden raise of volume made Serenity flinch backwards and into Jacob. His hand came to rest on her waist to keep her steady.

"Watch your mouth!" Her father shouted, standing up from his desk chair. Sensing that things were getting heated, Serenity stepped into the doorway and knocked, clearing her throat she spoke "We're on our way out, dad." She said, her hand finding Jacob's as she stepped into the room.

Sighing her father gave her a tired smile, stepping from behind the desk and walking towards her he kissed her on the forehead "I'll see you later, sweetheart." He said as he hugged her. She looked a Charlotte from over his shoulder to find the woman glaring. She gave the woman a smirk before she mouthed a the word 'bitch' to her. Her father let go before giving Jacob a hug as well "you too, son. I'll see you guys later on today."

The two said their goodbyes and made their way to the garage with Serenity's keys in hand.

fin
...

comment your feedback.
Thanks for reading!