iii.chapterthree

BEFORE BELLA ARRIVED PT.4

"Oh, there's no way you think that?!" the loud laughter erupted from Serenity as she laid next to Edward on a blanket on the ground.

they had been in hanging out for a couple of weeks now, always meeting up in the place they first met.

"what? raisin cookies are the best! no other cookie comes close." though Edward felt ridiculous given he couldn't even remember the last time he ate a cookie let alone a raisin one, debating mundane things with Serenity let him escape his tortured existence.

"oh, yeah you're crazy." she chuckled rolling onto her stomach as he stayed on his back.

"crazy for you." edward said with the smallest smirk on his face causing Serenity to roll her eyes as a small grin worked its way onto hers.
"real smooth romeo."

"you know, you never told me how things went with your dad."

she sighed at that, mind flashing back to where she stood having a screaming match with her father.

"this is complete bullshit!"
serenity shouted as she stood in the living room of her home, her father stood across from her with nothing but a coffee table separating them.
"Serenity Jones! watch your mouth! i'm not going to keep having you disrespect me in the house i pay for." her father sneered and serenity rolled her eyes with a scoff.

"oh, fuck this house! fuck this couch, fuck your wife, and fuck you!" she spat as she made her way to the door only to see charlotte standing infront of it with a smirk.

"really? that's how you feel?" her dad raised an eyebrow at her in challenge.

"that's how you feel about grandma right? you don't care about her— you hate her, right?!" serenity felt the opposite of her name at this moment she could feel her body warming up as her heart thudded in her chest,

"no sympathy for the woman who lost her child? no sympathy for the woman whose completely alone!?" she continued to rage, paying no line to the thunder outside or the flickering lights.

"you know, you remember mom. you get to have these memories of her— but i..." she paused as she shook her head at her father whose face had broke at the mention of her mother. it had been years since her father even referenced her mother, it was like as soon as he married charlotte he shredded that chapter with her mother and complete forgot about it.

"but i don't even remember what she looks like or- or what her voice sounds like." she could feel her eyes water as she wrapped her arms around her self "grandma is the only thing i have left of her and i'm the last piece of her daughter." she continued

"and when i'm at grandmas house i'm happy. i can wear what i want,i can laugh as loud as i want i can be me—" she rolled her eyes as her father went to speak "and you know what i am here? i'm miserable."

"serenity—"

"no i don't want to hear it." she said as she ran up the stair to her room.

she packed a bag and left to stay with jacob that day before going to her grandmothers home, she hadn't spoke or seen her father since the fight.

biting the inside of her cheek as she grabbed her notebook and pencil, she shook her head as she began doodling. "uhh, next subject."

the wind picked up a little before she took a breath she could feel Edward's gaze as she continued to draw chicken scratch drawings of flowers.

"serenity..." he spoke softly and she furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. Edward moved on his side, his front facing her as he propped himself up on his elbow and his hand came to hold the side of her face.

"Edward, please i—" she was cut off as a sharp pain rattled her head, causing her to grind her teeth "Ah!" she gasped, her hand shook as the pencil snapped in half under her forceful grip.

"serenity?" Edward spoke as his eyebrow furrows "what's happening? what's wrong?" he rushed as he sat the both of them up.

his other hand came to hold the other side of her head and serenity gripped his wrists "My head." she gasped with her eyes narrowing and soon she felt a rush and then something trickle down her nose

look

the voice was soothing but demanding and it caused the jones girl to open her eyes and look past Edward's head.

at the sight of her blood Edward stopped his faux breathing as he watched it trickle from her nose and over her lips until it dripped onto the blanket they sat upon.

looking back to Serenity he could see her focused on something behind him, following her gaze the sight made him clench his jaw in irritation.

there, emerging from the forest behind him was two out of his four siblings.

Rosalie Hale and Emmett Cullen.

Rosalie looked angry beyond reason, her regular glare had more fire behind it as her perfectly tamed eyebrows arched and her frown became more prominent. Emmett looked curious more than anything but his expression told Edward he was worried for him and that he was definitely in trouble.

"Get Home, Now." Rosalie's tone left no room for conversation of any kind before she turned and went back the way she came.

"sorry dude." Emmett spoke with a wince before he followed after her.

Edward sighed as he turned back to the confused eyes of Serenity.

wiping the blood off her chin and face without a second thought he then kissed her forehead "i'll explain later." he whispered before he got up and began walking to where Rosalie and Emmett disappeared.

"wait, Edward." she rushed, wiping the remaining blood from her face as she rushed to stand.

but Edward didn't wait instead as the foliage of grass, branches and leaves became thicker he disappeared.

"Edward!"

...

NOT EDITED

i'm back and i'm sorry for the unpublishing and republishing.

i am thinking on recasting the ENTIRE cast list and that includes edward an the cullen as well as maybe Bella and i'm definitely recasting jacob.

i also wanted to say that i'm changing a few things that's "canon" that will no longer be canon in MY book.

like they'll be more like tvd vamps than stone and venom. basically don't second guess why i wrote something a certain way because i know it'll actually be uncomfortable if they were how the twilight books described them.