ii.chaptertwo

BEFORE BELLA ARRIVED PT.3

She was back in her happy place

She was back in her happy place. The sun had decided to come from behind the clouds and it's rays peaked through the trees

Serenity lay on top of a blanket, her hair sprawled across the fabric like halo as the sun shined directly onto her. She soaked up its rays as sunlight like this was a rare occurrence in forks. Rolling over she grabbed her new journal seeing as her old one grew feet on her and walked away, labeling the page and dating it she began jotting down random phrases in her head, doodling and sketching a person she had never seen before. He was in her old journal too, he visited her mind every other moon and Serenity had no idea who he was or where she had seen him.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" His voice spooked her, her head snapping towards his direction as he was perched on a fallen log in the shade just a few paces ahead of her. Sitting up quickly she blinked at him as he gave her a small smile of amusement "My apologies, it was not my intention to scare you." Edward spoke, blowing out a breath as she sat on her heels.

"We have got to stop meeting like this." She told him as she scooted over before patting the space next to her. He chuckled before sitting on the edge of the blanket as Serenity resumed her earlier position, she was awfully comfortable in his presence even though they had only talked once and was rather brief.

Edward thought the same. The forever young teenager would normally keep to himself, not often did he ever willing seek people out like he did with Serenity.

"I haven't seen you here for a while." He spoke as he watched her draw doodles in he journal, he watched as she looked up at him with a sly smile
"Aww, in love with me already?" She jested, and Edward couldn't help but return it with a roll of his eyes that caused her to release a giggle. Sobering up she shook her head a little "kidding, but I was busy and kinda grounded?" She said the grounded part like a question, seeing as though she wasn't grounded but was just forbidden to be here.

"Grounded?" He asked his curiosity peaked. Serenity narrowed er eyes at him as she heard a bit of judgment in his voice "what? Pale faces don't get grounded?" She joked and Edward released a chuckle of his own "I mean, it's seems childish." He shrugged and it was time for her to roll her eyes. "Like i said pretentious." She mumbled.

"Anyways, I have something for you." He told her as he shifted he convo, perking up Serenity moved to sit up once more. With raised eyebrows she tilted her head at him "for me?" She asked and he nodded as he handed her a leather bound book that had her name on it, it was hers the one she had lost.

"I left it here last time didn't I?" She inquired as she took it from his hands, "yeah, you left so fast, and then it began raining." He started as she opened it. "I thought I would have seen you sooner than this so I just took it home with me." He explained me Serenity shook her head. "Thank you, really. I thought I lost if forever." She told him giving the bronze haired boy a smile.

"It was no problem." He told her and like clockwork I'm forks the two were interrupted by the sound of rain hitting the leaves of the trees that casted over them. Serenity got that feeling again, the one she always got before a harsh downpour. "I think I need to head home." She told him as she stood up from the blanket. Nodding his head Edward spoke next "Ok, I'll see you around, right?" He asked and Serenity nodded before she opened up her book and tore a page out, quickly she scribbled her phone number on it and handed it to him.

"Don't be a stranger." She told him, picking up her blanket from the forest floor, she shook it before quickly folding it. Chuckling Edward watched as she began to walk off before she turned and waved him goodbye. "I'll text you tonight?!" He shouted out after her and she turned around again and began walking backwards, "Tonight." She confirmed before she turned around and continued on her way.

...

Edward texted her at 8:00 on the dot. It was a knock-knock joke, just something small and playful that could break the ice. It wasnt his best— he could admit that. He knew that if Emmett found out about it, he'd bully Edward relentlessly over it.

It was a mellow conversation. They talked about music and writers, edward asked her about her favorite hobbies. She told him she liked surfing in La Push with her bestfriend Jacob, she enjoyed reading, singing in the schools choir.

They planned their next meet up before Serenity bid him Goodnight.

...

comment your feedback.
Thanks for reading!