Chapter 18

Dharmesh patel was in the office, his grandson was, as usual, acting reckless, he had shown total disregard to his wishes like always! he was still fuming over Vansh showing genorisity to Kabir Mittal at the award gala. Vansh was goarding him and Kabir Mittal was his new pawn against him. He knew Vansh despised him, blamed him but never voiced his disappointments. Instead, he had decided to avoid him and his business altogether. He had made a name for himself and created an empire of his own without using his name. To the world, it looked like Vansh was making a mark for himself on his own but he knew it was a silent message to him that he didn't want anything to do with him or his fortune. He had made abundantly clear he didn't need him in his life but enough was enough; vansh was his only heir and it was about time he accepted his responsibility Whether he liked it or not and from now on Kabir Mittal would be a closed chapter.

Vansh was sitting in his office going over his grandfather's email. So now the old man has decided to corner him using professional tricks. Just then he got a message that turned his already bad mood to worst could his day turn any more worst, he though. His next in command Ajay came in the cabin at that moment and said I have good news for you. 

Vansh : excellent!! I badly need it.

Ajay : I just got the news Kabir Mittal is looking to invest in new ventures. If you agree we can pitch him the idea to invest in the gaming world. It's the future of tomorrow.

Vansh thought about it and said: I don't think he will be interested. He didn't seem like a guy who is futuristic in his vision. He believes in reviving old broken companies. And as far as my knowledge goes my company is not broke. Moreover, I don't need an investor I need a partner who is capable of taking creative shots in my absence.
Ajay nodded and left the cabin.
Vansh knew who that person could be he just needed to convince her. Pooja Sharma. A smile came on his lips. She was a petite woman with a straight forward attitude. She never minced her words and spoke her mind. He needed her at any cost because she was amongst the few who had managed to earn his trust and made a place in his heart. He loved having her around. After the betrayal that he had endured in his life, he had major trust issues but pooja had proved to him that there are still few good people left in this world and her belief that fate was Indeed magical was rubbing on to him. He didn't realise when they had developed a bond. She would give him honest opinions on his designs that his associates would never give him out of fear or respect. She had a creative talent and combine with her leadership qualities; she could lead his company well. She didn't know yet that he was The Vansh Patel, gaming mogul of India. But today he would meet her and tell her also offer her the partnership position. She had a son Ved, he was yet to meet the little boy, every time some or the other thing came up and he couldn't meet him. Honestly, he wasn't that keen on it either but today he would call her to meet him for coffee along with ved so that they can mingle and he can convince her to take up the position.

Pooja was hyperventilating looking at the laptop screen she couldn't believe her eyes. Vansh Patel, Esha Patel's father was The Vansh Patel, grandson of Dharmesh Patel. She had met him a couple of times at Parent teachers meet in school initially. His humbleness and down to earth behavior never made her think that he could be a Hugh businessman. Ved and Esha were best friends hence she and Vansh had interacted a few times later becoming friends, they had bonded over single parent struggles. He seemed jaded by life though. She thought his wife's death had left him bitter about fate. Despite all this They seemed to enjoy each other's company he would sometimes ask her opinions about certain graphics designs for animation characters, he had told her he was a graphic designer, who designed gaming characters. Although being good friends Vansh had never met Ved in person yet. She had noticed He avoided kids and sensed somewhere he resented Esha or blamed her for his wife's death. He had become a friend to her more in the past year. Just then she got a call from Vansh.
Vansh : hi Pooja, if you are free we could meet today.
Pooja : hi Vansh, I am wondering how can a hugh businessman like you be free for a coffee with someone ordinary like me? Sarcasm dripping from her words.
Vansh : (with a laugh) I am itching for my dose of honest reality.
(He loved her fiery nature. She didn't treat him like a big shot. She treated him like an ordinary man. This woman was truly special.)
Pooja : why did you hide from me?
Vansh : would my status make any difference in our bond?
Pooja : ofcourse not. I am still more insightful and talented than you ever will be.
Vansh (laughing): dream on! Besides even if I had told you, I am Dharmesh Patel's grandson you wouldn't have a clue who the man Is.
Pooja : yaa..yaa I wouldn't have cared.
Vansh : how did you figure it out?
Pooja : I came across an article and I read your name and saw your picture so I googled you.
Vansh : ohhk anyways I was going to tell you about me today. Congratulations you stole my thunder!!
Pooja : but I have some news for you.
Vansh : can't wait to hear it. Besides today bring ved along with you. Finally, I will meet him and I will get Esha along too.
Pooja : I will let you know.
Pooja hang up the phone smiling. Vansh was a good man and even better friend; talking with him really took her mind off from problems. She had to tell Kabir about Vansh. He would be delighted to know that Dharmesh Patel's grandson Is Esha' s father. Ved's best friend. If kabir is free she would take kabir along with her to meet Vansh.
Just then Kabir came home from the office and had a worried look on his face.
Pooja : Kabir kya hua? Why are you home so early?
Kabir : amma called, dadu had an heart attack. he is in the hospital; doctors said he doesn't have much time. He wishes to see me and Ved his great-grandson before he dies.
Pooja (shaking her head) It's a trap Kabir can't you see it. Rani is behind all this. Once we go to Indore, she will play her game. We can't go Kabir.
Kabir : you think I haven't thought about this but Amma personally went and met the doctors it is she who told me. My mother didn't even have the courtesy to inform me about the health of my dadu.
Pooja : I don't care about his last wishes. I am not letting my child go there.
Kabir : please pooja!
Pooja : please Kabir! I don't care about that man and there is no way I am putting my child in danger just to fulfill that man's dying wish. He was standing there watching when my father was being burnt alive. I can't forget that.
Kabir left and a little while later came downstairs with a bag; pooja was startled to see him with a bag.
Pooja : where are you going?
Kabir : I am going to meet dadu. I know you are right and I am not forcing you but I have fond memories with him I have to see him once for the final time.
Pooja : (hysterical) no..no kabir I can't let you go. I can't lose you please kabir you need to understand rani is behind all this. She wants you there.
Kabir : pooja... pooja...I know there is a possibility that rani is behind all this but even then I have to go. There are guards they will protect you and ved here.
Pooja : and who will protect you there?
Kabir : pooja ..
Pooja : no if this is what you want then I am coming with you. I am not leaving you alone. I just can't.