Their Goodbye

~Travis' POV~

"I have to leave." The words tumble out of my mouth before I have time to think what I'm even saying to her. The pain is obvious in her eyes, and it makes me feel ten times worse. Walking over to her, I can feel that she wants to walk away from me, but of course, she doesn't. Before long, I'm stood right in front of her, looking down at her face. She shows me no expression, and her face is unreadable. Numb. Her eyes look directly into mine, but show me nothing. No passion. No sadness. No heartbreak. No emotion. And I hate to admit it, but this hurts me more than words can say. Surely she should ... maybe I got her wrong. I do that with a lot of people. But she doesn't hate me. Surely. She's kissed me, we've been spending so much time together and I gave her plenty opportunity to leave. I sigh softly and glance away from her, deciding that maybe I should just leave her with one last memory of me.

"Travis .. ?" She says, her voice barely above a whisper. I look down at her and I smile softly. She nervously returns this smile back to me. She doesn't speak. But that's good. I don't want her to. I slowly and carefully pull her up against me, taking a moment to relish the feeling of her skin against mine, before leaning in and kissing her softly. I feel her hesitation, and I pull away slightly. Tilting my head, I look down at her. 

Her face is brushed with a soft pink, and she's looking up at me, drinking me in so she'll never forget me. She looks at me once more and smiles, drawing me back down and this time kissing me softly. It lasts a good while. Who knows how long, there wasn't time in this relic. It was just us. Together.

Pulling away, she looks away from me and starts to speak softly, as if she couldn't bare the thought of what she was saying anymore.

"When I first woke up in that Library ... I honestly thought you where going to kill me. Or have sex with me and then kill me. And ... I hated you for that. But ... you showed me your dorkiness, which made me somehow warm up to you. And then one night I followed you. I discovered that you where giving me away for something ... but I don't even think that was you ... who was talking to that relic at the time. And then ... you introduced me to your friends. You saw so much in what's left of me ... and I don't get it. And ... I may ... just may have let myself ... fall in love with you to."

And with that, she walks away from me and sits on the bed, fiddling around with her fingers and seems very close to tears. I stand there for awhile, thinking of what to make of her confession before sitting beside her and smiling softly. 

"I love you."

I think I'm gonna start a new Travlyn book, and not continue this one on. Unless you want me to. But I dunno ...
If you enjoyed this do leave a vote on the chapter and add it to your reading list. 
Sxmmer