Help

~8 hours later~

Keith had been feeling a little sickly for a while after his breakfast but didn't say anything to Lance. He didn't have lunch, he'd attempted but thrown it back up. His mind wasn't doing it any good either, his mind had wanted him to throw it all back up and breakdown or cut himself until he couldn't see much unstained skin left. His mind, his mind didn't want him to get better. And Keith was starting to think again that maybe this meant he didn't want to get better either.

They were both upstairs in Lance's room watching a movie. Keith had already decided that he wanted to stay another night and Shiro hadn't said no. It wasn't like Keith was using another room as they'd planned, he was just sleeping in the same room as Lance.

The taller boy had noticed Keith's sad eyes and had tried to ask if he was okay, Keith replying that he was fine. He didn't want Lance to know, he knew it upset him from the questions last night.

But Lance soon got it out of him after more and more of the same question, "Maybe, maybe I can't get better."

"But you are, you ate. You weren't sick or anything" Lance reassured him with the information he had.

But Keith shook his head, "But I want to. Or atleast, my mind wants me to. Then it wants to punish me?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"B-Bleed until there's barely any unstained skin left showing. Starve completely for a week." Keith said, hesitant in saying anything. He wasn't looking at Lance, he couldn't. Instead he stared at the movie, tearing up.

"Keith.." Lance started, then he stopped, took a breath and started again, "Maybe we should tell Matt, get some help for you"

Keith froze, was Lance implying he wanted to tell people? Keith was terrified. Stray tears rolled down his cheek as he shakily said, "N-No! He'll just force me to eat, he'll want to see everything!"

"I'll be there." Lance said, trying to reassure him by holding his hand.

But Keith pushed it away. "I-I don't want to!"

Lance sighed, "Keith it'll be better. You can get the help you need. I can only do so much. I'll still be here."

Keith got up, grabbed his phone and earphones and walked out, wiping some tears that had now stained his tears. He walked down the stairs, knowing that Lance wasn't coming down for him. So he left and started walking back to his spot, the ledge.

Lance was still sat in his room, he had laid back, hands covering his eyes moving them to ontop of his head. Why did he have to fuck up a perfectly normal evening, watching a movie?

Keith put in his earphones, listening to 'Airplanes' by 5 seconds of summer.

'Your eyes, your smile can light up the night, night' The band sung, making him instantly think of Lance. His eyes seemed to glow sometimes.

Keith knew he was right, he knew he should tell Matt. He should get the help. But he didn't want to, he thought he deserved the punishments, for eating, for not knowing that his dad was struggling, making his mum leave, for calling the hotline when he was going to die. He was also scared, scared of judgement from everyone. Scared that Matt would shout at him, scream. Get angry and upset.

Keith didn't want that.

He soon arrived, sitting down on the ledge, looking at the water as he normally did. The tide was in again. But this time he didn't want to go on the rocks. He lay down on the stone, staring at the stars, tearing up.

Was he that damaging towards himself? That damaging that Lance thought Keith needed help? Of course Keith didn't know this, he didn't realise how bad it was. For him, he was doing the right thing. But it wasn't. It wasn't the right thing, in no world, universe, anything.

Keith sat up, crying as he rolled up his sleeves staring at the cuts and scars, Keith couldn't see well because of tears blurring his vision a lot. Words couldn't describe how much hate he had for himself, starring at his arm. His arm that was once smooth, and had no marks, no cuts.

----

Lance started getting ready to go look for Keith, having an idea of where he was. The ledge, of course. He liked that place, Lance knew that.

"I'm going out" Lance simply said to Shiro, who was on his phone and gave him a smile and thumbs up. He shut the door, walking a little faster than normal to get there.

It was a 15 minute walk and Lance got there in just short of 10 minutes. He could've ran but he was pretty convinced that Keith hadn't done anything stupid.

And there he saw, Keith looking at the sea. He'd rolled up his sleeve and stopped looking at it, trying to calm down. Lance slipped under the blue fence and put an arm around Keith, him pushing it away, already knowing who it was.

"Keith, I-"

"It's fine, you're right. I should tell him." Keith said coldly. Lance tried to make a joke to lighten the tension, as he always does.

"Arent I always?" Lance sarcastically said, earning a cold nod of the head. It was almost like a rock to the stomach, he knew he'd hurt him, "We don't have to tell him any time soon."

"We can do it tomorrow if you want, or now. You decide, since you clearly want to decide." The smaller boy hissed.

"Keith, I'm sorry. You can decide when"

"Tomorrow. I guess. But it's your fault if he shouts at me."

"Sure." Lance replied, trying to put an arm around him again, this time Keith resting his head on Lance's shoulder and sobbing.

Lance was tearing up slightly to the sound of Keith sobbing, but he didn't let himself cry. "Why do I have to live?  It's just pain" he mumbled, Lance asking him to repeat it as he couldn't hear, Keith refusing.

They kind of just sat there for a while, both of them thinking of what to say tomorrow. Of course, Lance would have to call in 'sick'. He needed to be there for Keith.