your majesty :1

"Your majesty," said the large man, bowing his head to the floor. His worn leather skirt was stained with the ravages of war, his body framed in a giant rectangle from broad shoulders–top heavy and muscled from years of work. A wiry bread, spotted with silver, was blond and grown out. He ground his jaw, unhinging it from is tightly knit position of disgust as he rose up and met the eyes of Eshan. He continued, "The front of the Welowz has been pushed back, the missionaries have been slaughtered, and only two men of the Farrow came back." His posture was sharp, attentive as he stiffened to once again meet the eyes of his king. He didn't blink as he watched Eshan play with a cane that was placed in front of him. The man clenched his fist, nails digging in to the palm behind his back.

"The Welowz... have they started advancing?" Eshan replied. He rubbed his finger along the emerald adorned cane, its handle the shape of a bird with wings spread. The dark colored wood had gold filled into the veins up and down its length. The bird itself was beautiful with details, every small carve of a feather wisp worn down by age. The lines mixed into its dark color disappearing into the smoothed shape. Its beak was made to be slightly open and held a diamond which changed colors in the light. The delicate cuts of the diamond made it appear almost round. He closed his eyes and held the cane from the bird in his right hand, the neck of it poked from in-between his fingers and glimmering in candle's light.

"There has not been any attempts, only to hold the line," the man stated. Anticipation builds in the air as he waited for Eshan to respond, the eerie silence of the throne room deafening to him. He swore Eshan could hear his heart beating quicker the longer the silence drew out. He dug deeper into his flesh the harder he squeezed. The tip of his nose itched with perspiration but he resisted the urge to even flinch under Eshan's presence.

"Perfect. Send in the floats," he finally said, leaning back in his velvet cushioned chair, the ivory of its base, polished to an unimaginable sheen. The magic Tull tree was thick with lacker, the colors of maroon muddled into the browns created the backing to Eshan's throne. He twirled the cane at his side as the sharp end of it stabbed into the floor.

"Your highness you can't! Our people are out there!" The large man finally interjected and stood up fully. His cheek quivered and ears turned red hot after he spoke. He leaned forward, breathing heavy and the chains and medals which hung from his buttoned jacket jangled. The scar over his left eye, where the milky eye observed blurry shapes, tingled with sharp needle pokes.

"Send them anyways. Most of the Farrows have died." Eshan leered. He yawned and crossed his legs. His boots were starting to become quite uncomfortable against sweaty wool socks. The lowness of the it cut into Eshan's calf whenever he stretched his toes and the small wedge on them made him stiffen while he walked, putting some damper on his activities.

The man almost scoffed in response and quickly thought of an excuse. "The ocean storms past Nissium are at their highest, they would never make it past it the blizzards and lighting of the winter season!" He shouted and soon realized how hasty his response was. He lowered his head and clutched onto the sword handle at his side. Panic swelled in the pit of his stomach. He could feel this mornings breakfast of fish at the back of his throat.

"Send them through the edge of Hiroku." Eshan rolled his eyes and with a wave of his hand a maid came with a small goblet. He grew bored of having to explain every solution to the people who were supposed to obey him without question.

"Pardon my lord?" The man raised his head and took a step forward. He watched as Eshan brought the cup to his lips and drank the liquid which stained them crimson. He slowed his breathing and looked around the room to see it was only him and Eshan present in its hollowness as he peered back up towering stairs.

"Tell me Wren, what is your status?" Eshan asked. He kicked one of his legs onto a foot rest that laid just yonder. He swirled the goblet in his hand, then inhaled the aroma. Wren could recognize that coppery smell from anywhere, especially in such close proximity.

"Lord Wren of the Nissium Province."

"Do you like your position in the courts?"

"I do." Wren proclaimed, continuing to stare as Eshan took another long drink then stopped. Even with his milky eye he could see Eshan's actions perfectly in the dimness. Wren wondered if Eshan would have cut his head off then if he said otherwise.

"And what is my position in the courts?" He leaned off the edge of his throne, waiting for Wren's answer.

"King."

"Yes," Eshan asserted still holding the cup in his hand. He grinned, and his grey eyes flickered. "So don't call me a LORD!" He hissed throwing the goblet down at Wren. The cup, full on the red liquid, flung onto him and the floor. The cup clattered behind him, echoing into the expansive.

"Yes, your majesty, please forgive me." Wren said flaccidly, thrown aback from the sudden outburst of anger. The sound continued to ring deep within Wren's ear. The liquid covered all over him, adding to the same familiar stains on his battle attire.

"You can atone for your sins some other time Wren, there is important business to attend to."