Its Been So Long

Warning: This contains themes of depression and suicide. Please read at your own disclosure. I do not own HXH characters. Happy reading!

After their separation from The World Tree things seemed ok. Gon and Killua continued to talk and text each other. Months passed and calls got shorter and messages stopped. Killua would talk about all the things he and his sister Alluka had seen around. Traveling through York New and even one time going to Zepile island to explore. Alluka wanted to see all the things Killua had seen during the exam, so he showed her.

Gon stayed on Whale Island for a couple of months and eventually moved into an apartment in York New. He felt bad for his Aunt Mito even if she protested his leaving. He felt like a burden to her. He was only 13 but with his license, he could pretty much do whatever. He takes up jobs from the Hunters Association occasionally to keep his rent paid and a steady income. He ran out of things to do. No longer interested in competing in Heavens Area he just sits around and thinks.

He's tried to text Killua but to no response. Neither does Leorio nor Kurapika answer him.

GreenIdiot: Hey Everyone! It's been awhile...I really miss you guys ^~^ I wish that we could hang out sometime...

*days later*

GreenIdiot: Hey, again? Is everyone ok?

GreenIdiot: no response?....ok...

*half a year later*

GreenIdiot: ....I'm sorry...

And that was it. He never contacted the group of them individually. He hated it to say the least. It was painful to see his only friends leave without a word. He figured everyone was too busy to talk anyway.

'Why would they even talk to me...I'm just a waste of space. It'd be better if I just don't contact them again.'

He attempted to go back with Mito, having no one else to talk to. Zushi was nowhere in sight and the Hunter Association wasn't the best place to make long term friends.

"Gon...I just...you need to leave." Mito had said when he strolled up to the door.

"W-what? Why?" Gon stood there, mortification drawing his features.

"Just leave Gon!" Mito yelled with tears in her eyes. Gon had zero idea why such hostility came towards him...from his own family to say the least. He stood for a minute before running off to the woods, sobbing as he ran.

He was now reaching 16. Older and much less bright than his 12 year old self. He had abandoned all contact with anyone. He no longer took jobs and eventually chucked his phone into the water. It was all too much for him to bare. He had no one...nothing to keep him grounded.

Nothing to keep him alive...and so he divided a plan. Something he'd call his best plan. He wasn't allowing himself any repercussions and made sure that it would work. He was going to die...and nothing could get in the way of his plan.

He spent months deciding his way of death, picking out the easiest and less heartbreaking way for himself. He was sure no one would care. They'd just scoop his body off the ground and deem it suicide and move on. So he figured he'd plan out the perfect way.

His calendar was ripped to a certain date...December 24. That was the day he planned to die. If things ever lightened up, which he knew wouldn't happen for such an awful person as he, then he would live on. Some may call him a mad man for spending so much time planning a murder, even if it was his own.

And so the plan was set in stone. When that dreadful day came he would be ready and unforgiving as he was with the Chimera Ants.
___________________________