A Mix Of Senses

A train passes by leaving behind the remnants of its past. The glowing image pasted on Gon's mind like a picture. A hologram of the past slowly fading away and eventually disappearing. The colors are no longer visible to him anymore and so it can no longer bother him.

He walks across the track without a care, as if he'd ever consider death an option. Cats have nine lives so why can't he have more? It was quite a show to watch sometimes but dangerous within itself. Colors of people's voices tinge his vision every so often. Places like this never failed to overwhelm the poor teen.

He can smell the colors that he sees from people's voices. Every voice has its color, all individually chosen by whoever created such a monstrosity as humanity. People used to gawk at him. He was only 6 how was he supposed to know? They called him insane, a lunatic, attention seeking slut, anything else you could imagine.

If you don't talk to them they can't hurt you. You can't fuck up by telling them their colors. For so long Gon though it was normal to see the colors of the sounds he hears. Turns out only mad men do that.

He has finally met with the woods in front of him. Escaping the obnoxious sounds and colors and smells. It was all too overwhelming and distracting. The woods were a lot less colorful, almost soundless at times. Green aura flows from his feet crunching in the leaves. It was a deep, cool green, very unlike the color of his voice which was tinted warmly with a yellow undertone. I guess you could say he was a master of color theory.

Everything about himself was green. Every sound that emitted from him was a shade of green. Like most other people, their colors being the same yet varying in shade. The leaves all had a dark green to brown sound. The crunching sound broke through the orange waves flowing towards him from an especially loud citizen.

He stopped under the shade of many swaying trees. The rustling made a maroon color, how interesting. Gon was used to this though. Everything coming to him in waves like he was bleeding out amongst those creepy butterflies with a sky blue sound.

He sat on a tree with a thunk of off-white color. A yellow-ish green sigh escaped his mouth. He could still see the colors of the city. He could never escape them but it was less distracting as of now. If he closes his eyes he'll no longer have to see such horrible mixtures of nonsense.

School was painful. Not just the fact that he was constantly being shoved with color after color and all the colors mixing without actually changing color. But the people were awful too. The things they said and did made Gon want to chuck himself off a cliff. Drugs, sex, popularity. That was all you needed to be an average high schooler.

He didn't mind that they all thought he was an actual crackhead. He didn't mind that everyday he was punched and thrown around like a damn punching bag. No, he didn't care for that. It's what they did to the innocent ones. The people who didn't deserve it. He had recently seen a little red head being attacked by people at least 3 feet taller than him. It took everything in Gons power not to kill them. It would have been so easy.

He wouldn't let himself stoop that low. He heard a snap of a twig, opening his eyes to see the cool, lift brown waves flowing outwards. He saw the radiating black waves flowing off of something among the brush. It was obviously human by the way the aura of color was being emitted. Mostly through the front meaning they were breathing...he guess that was good?

"Come out. I can see you." His almost yellow but still too cool to be yellow colored voice flowed out towards the strange human and everywhere else, bouncing off a couple of trees along the way.

"Clever little shit are you?" A pitch black voice surrounded the area making everything around Gon seem much more sinister and dark. Like dusk had struck him early. A teenager, about Gons age, popped out from behind the bush. His fluffy white hair shook a little in the wind as he stood.