Condition Terminal

Parrish is in his living room on the couch, playing with a deck of cards. He keeps flipping one over, revealing the Queen of Diamonds. 

FLASHBACK

Lydia and Parrish are at the sheriff station, and Lydia is playing with a lighter. "You gonna do a magic trick?" Parrish asks her. She gives him a critical look and replies that she isn't but he is. Parrish comments that the only trick he knows is with a playing card. "Well, this one involves a lighter and your hand." Parrish tells her that that sounds like assault. Lydia admits that it's a little dangerous but not nearly as dangerous as that time he was set on fire in the police car. He was unscathed, except for having to buy a new uniform. 

Lydia looks at him seriously. "Give me your hand." Parrish continues to make jokes. "Remind me what the trick was." "Not minding." He holds out his hand, and Lydia holds the flame under it. After a few seconds, Parrish jerks his hand back in pain, and Lydia laughs. "You can last longer than that." The innuendo is clear and prompts him to try again. Lydia tells him that she wants him to do something different as she takes his hand in hers. She tells him not to think about the flame or the heat or it hurting. She instructs him to not even look at his hand. 

They try again. This time Parrish stares at Lydia, and the smoke starts to rise from his hand. He zones out, until Lydia yelps in pain because her thumb was too close to the flame for too long. Parrish turns over his hand and swipes through the soot on it. There's not a mark on him. Lydia tells him that when he was looking at her, his eyes drifted. 

He was thinking about a dream he's been having off and on for six months.

Parrish is naked and covered in soot, walking in a forest on fire. He's carrying the burned body of a woman that he can't identify. He takes the body to a clearing, to the nemeton. Lydia recognizes it by his description and informs him that it's a real tree. The nemeton was a sacred meeting place for Celtic Druid. Parrish replies that he's never seen the place, so how could he be dreaming about it. But Lydia informs him that that's why he's in Beacon Hills, because it called him there. The nemeton is a beacon for supernatural creatures. She also mentions it might make them more powerful. Lydia asks how the dream ends, but Parrish says it ends when he puts the body down on the stump. 

In the dream, Parrish sets the woman down atop the tree stump and sits down next to her.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Parrish continues to flip the cards, only this time he goes from a Queen of Diamonds to a burned Queen of Diamonds, and it's revealed that he has two cards. 

He remembers more of the dream. There are bodies all around the nemeton. And as he sits down, he starts to burn. There are flames all around the nemeton and the dead. Parrish touches his forehead with both hands, like he's stressed, and then his eyes glow, and he looks up calmly.

At the sheriff station, Donovan is in holding while Tracy and Malia have been fighting downstairs. He bangs on the bars to be let out. "C'mon Gabe, let me out! Come on!" Donovan says, calling to one of the deputies. The Dread Doctors approach the cell. They unlock the door without touching the card reader.

Scott, Stiles, Theo and Dr. Deaton run into the sheriff station. They see blood on the floor, and Scott rushes in. The Sheriff is already trying to get to his feet when Scott rushes to help him. Stiles sees Kira and Lydia in the office, with Lydia bleeding badly. Theo pushes past him and uses his belt as a tourniquet on Lydia's torso. Deaton walks in and covers Tracy's severed tail with his coat. Natalie Martin is safe and comes back up from the basement, horrified and nearly in tears. She sees Lydia and runs to her side. Stiles has been staring at Lydia this whole time. It takes Scott a few tries to get his attention. Theo and Lydia both tell Stiles that it's going to be fine, and she tells Stiles to go save Tracy.