Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4
"Finally getting out of Mux, South Carolina."
Axl said as he was driving.
"Where are we going to first?"
Caleb asked.
"Lionstin, Tennessee for the wisest pack near us."
"Damn, well wake me up when you get there."
Caleb said as he laid down in the back seat and closed his eyes.
I don't know what to say to Axl for the long drive. Do I even say anything? Do I just let him focus on driving? I never been on a road trip with anyone besides myself before.
"So, what do you want to talk about?"
Thea asked Axl.
"Sorry Thea I don't feel like talking right now. Just get some sleep, I'll wake u when we get there."
Wow he's really upset about this Caleb situation.
"Look Axl I didn't mean to upset you I just think he's......"
"Thea it's fine. I just want to drive in quite okay?"
"Ummmmm okay."
Thea looked away from Axl and just watched the trees as they passed them buy. She eventually fell asleep.
"Thea we are here."
Axl said while shaking Thea gently on her shoulder. Thea then begins to wake up. Caleb was already awake standing outside the car. They were at a diner in Tennessee.
"Why are we here?"
Thea asked.
"To get food, aren't you hungry?"
Axl asked.
"Yes, but the humans."
"There are two customers, two chefs and one waitress. I scoped it out already. You're a big girl you can handle it."
Caleb said then walked into the diner.
"Are you going to be okay Thea? I figured you drank from Kristy not too long ago so you would be fine."
"I'll be okay."
Thea and Axl walk into the diner and see that Caleb got them a table already. They go sit down.
"Hello, my name is Becky and I'll be taking care of you today. Here are your menus and I'll be back in a couple of minutes."
"Thanks."
Axl said then all three of them started looking at the menu.
"Wow I haven't had French toast in so long."
Thea said.
"Yeah that sounds good, I think I'll get that too."
"I'm going a different route and getting a stuffed omelette with lots of mushrooms."
Caleb said.
"What? Mushrooms inside your omelette?"
Thea said confused.
"It's the best. I haven't had it in years. I used to stay the night at an old friends house when I was little, and his dad used to make it for me."
"Wow big bad Caleb has a friend. Amazing."
Thea said sarcastically.
"He's not my friend anymore. So, ha! No friends."
"Shut up! I was joking. We are your friends. So, ha right back at you!"
"Axl and I will never be friends again, so I win." "Wait what do you mean by again?"
"What can I get you guys to eat and drink?"
Becky asks.
"Coffee and french toast for me please."
"Same as her."
"The breakfast omelette with extra mushrooms and a water."
"Alright, I'll just get your menus out of the way and will be back with your drinks."
Becky says then walks away.
"So back to this friends again thing. Explain. Both of you."
"Nothing to explain. We were kids and just had a falling out."
Axl said.
"Wow that's how you would describe what happened. You know what fine. Yup that's exactly what happened Thea. Axl became a school nerd and I became the big bad wolf rebel."
Caleb said in an upset voice.
Damn I really created tension here. Change the subject Thea.
"Anyways, we should discuss a plan when we find these wolves."
"Here's your drinks."
Becky said as she gave the drinks to them. Then she walked away.
"So, we know that they are wise which means they have great battle strategy. It will be us three against twenty wolves or so."
Thea say's then drinks a sip of her coffee.
"Caleb and I are fast and your everything, so I think we have a good chance. We just need to catch their attention before things get out of hand."
Axl suggested.
"Thea your hot, just walk into their territory by yourself, get their attention and when they agree to hear you out then call us in. No need to make something bigger than it is. If we all walk into their territory together, they will see that as a threat. Just be sexy."
Caleb said sarcastically and winked at Thea.
"Are you serious? Let her go in alone with all the wolves not knowing how they would react with another wolf on their territory? Wow Caleb great thinking."
Axl said upset.
"Well that plan isn't so bad. It could work"
Thea insisted.
"Thea yes you're the best of us in all aspects as a wolf, but I have done enough studying about wolves with my dad and going into another packs territory unwelcomed is dangerous. We will be no different than a vampire at that point. We have to stay together."
"Here's your food. Be careful the plates are hot."
Becky set the plates down and walked away. They all start eating.
"Wow this is so good. Listen, wolves have been doing the same thing for centuries, following the same rules, believing in the same thing's as their ancestors did. Every pack protects its own. It's time for packs to work with each other. Change starts with us. And I'll start by trying that mushroom omelette."
Thea said uncertain.
"Here's a big bite just for you."
Caleb put a big piece of egg, cheese, bacon, sausage and huge pieces of mushrooms on his fork and handed it to Thea.
"Going in."
Thea eats the big bite.
"Honestly that was good."
"Told you!"
Caleb said as Axl rolled his eyes.
"Look Axl I can do this. If you notice anything suspicious you guys come flying in."
"Okay fine, we will do it your way Thea, but I still think we need a better plan."
"We really don't have time to think of a new one."
"And it was my idea by the way."
Caleb said as he looked at Axl and took a bite of his omelette.
They finally finished all their food.
"I'm going to go pay and then let's head out, track the wolves and carry out this crazy plan of yours."
Axl said while he got up and walked toward the register.
"You know my plan was dumb, you just don't want pretty boy to get hurt."
"I don't want both of you to get hurt."
"Why did you want me to come if you don't want me to fight? It doesn't make sense."
"Because.... "
"I paid let's go."
Axl said. Thea and Caleb stood up and walked to the car behind Axl.
"I can't get a whiff of them around here, they must be further out. Let's drive north."
Axl suggested and then they drove off.
Some time went by.
"You smell that!"
Caleb shouted.
"Yes!"
"Yup sure do. We should stop here and look around on foot."
Axl said. He then parks and they all step out of the car. All they could see was a huge area covered with grass, hills, lots of trees and a couple of houses that they could see. There was no one around.
"This is definitely their territory."
Caleb said with certainty.
"Look at that hill. You guys should go wait up there. You should be able to see everything from the top and I'll stay down here and try to see if I can talk to one of them alone."
As Thea was talking, they heard a noise. It sounded like a branch breaking to the left of them. They all turn their heads to the left, then Thea felt a hot breath on her right shoulder.
The branch was a distraction!
Thea turns to her right. A huge black wolf was growling.
"There goes our plan. Let's turn."
Caleb insisted.
"No, they will feel more threatened."
Axl said.
"Hi, you must be the alpha. We need to talk."
Thea said to the wolf.
"Thea there's more."
Caleb said looking up at the hills and by the trees. They were surrounded. The alpha stepped closer to Thea.
"We don't want to cause any trouble. We know we walked into your territory unannounced, but this is an urgent matter."
The alpha growled even louder.
"Not working Thea."
Caleb said. Thea looked around her and they were surrounded. The Wolves were ready to attack. The Alpha howled and the wolves from the left and right ran toward Caleb and Axl. Caleb and Axl turned and started fighting the other wolves.
"Back them off now before things get ugly!"
Thea yelled.
The Alpha howled again and the wolves from the hills came running down. Thea heard Axl whelp. He was thrown to the ground as two wolves jumped on top of him. Caleb was fighting three wolves and getting bit. Thea then closed her eyes and extended both of her arms with her fist closed then opens them. The wolves running from the hills all fell back to the ground as if they were pushed. Thea then turned into her wolf form. The alpha attacked her, but Thea threw him to the side by biting down on his neck. She then went to help Axl, she clawed one of the wolves, bit the others and threw them to the sides of her. Axl started to stand up. The Alpha ran toward Thea as her back was facing him. Caleb saw the alpha running toward her, so he fought off the wolves that were attacking him and ran toward Thea. The alpha leaped up into the air ready to attack her from, but Caleb jumped in between Thea and the Alpha. The Alpha ended up jumping on top of Caleb and bit Caleb on his neck. Then Caleb bit him back. The Alpha and Caleb went on their hind legs, trying to bite each other. The Alpha was much bigger than Caleb. They threw their jaws and paws at each other. Then the Alpha clawed Caleb across his stomach and threw Caleb across the grass. Thea saw this and her anger took over. She let out a huge growl and ran toward the Alpha. She was a bit bigger than he was. All the other wolves came running toward Thea. She used her powers and the trees started to fall, almost falling on the other wolves, creating a barrier between them so they couldn't get to their alpha to help fight. Thea and the Alpha were fighting again. Paws flying, teeth showing. Thea slammed the alpha onto the floor. She put her paw on his throat. She could crush his throat with just one more push.
Calm down Thea. Breathe. Think happy thoughts.
She closed her eyes and thought of the moment Caleb had his hands around her waist, her arms up in the sky and the ocean breeze hitting her face. Her eyes then turned back to normal, and she backed away from the alpha. She used her powers to lift the broken trees and put them in a pile away from the wolves. The wolves then ran and helped their Alpha stand on all fours. When the Alpha came to his feet, he bowed down to Thea. The other wolves did the same. Caleb and Axl walked over to her. The Alpha then looked at Thea and nodded his head and started to walk away. He stopped, looked at Thea again, indicating for her to follow him. Caleb and Axl looked at Thea and nodded. They were going to go back to the car, transform and drive to wherever the Alpha was taking her. Thea followed the alpha and then arrived at log cabins that the pack lived in. The boys went one way and the girls another. She followed the girls. The two girls from the pack transformed and changed into their clothes. Thea didn't have her backpack, so she stayed in wolf form.
"Hey, we are about the same size, do you want to borrow some of my clothes?"
One of the girl wolves said. Thea nodded, and the girl threw her an outfit. Thea transformed and changed.
"Thanks for the clothes."
"No problem. Finally, a girl puts Ben on his ass."
"Why do you say it like that?"
"He thinks we are weaker than them, you know how guys are, they think they are big bad wolves. My name is Olivia by the way."
"Thea."
"And my name is Kayla."
"Nice to meet you both. Must be hard being the only girls in a huge pack."
"It is at times, but we manage."
Olivia said.
"But now that you proved girls can be stronger, I think things will get better."
Kayla said. Thea then heard Axl's car coming close toward the cabins.
"My boys are here."
Thea said as she started walking toward the door.
"So, which one is your boyfriend?
Olivia asked.
"Not either one of them."
"Perfect because I'm single."
Olivia said. Thea gave her a half smile as she exited the cabin.
"Thea!"
Axl yelled and ran toward her.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes, I'm okay. How about you?"
"I'm good."
"How's Caleb?"
"Fine I'm guessing, he didn't say anything to me in the car ride over here."
"I'm going to go check on him."
Thea starting walking over to Caleb who was standing by the car, but the girls got to him first. They started talking and giggling with him, so Thea turned around. Axl was now talking to some guy, so Thea walked over to see what was going on.
"Thea this is their alpha Ben."
Axl said.
"Ready for our talk now?"
"Yeah sure, let's go to our meeting room. Follow me. I'll call my wolves."
Ben said then whistled. All the wolves started walking toward the biggest cabin. Thea and Axl followed, so did Caleb and the girls. There was a huge long table in one of the rooms and all the wolves gathered around it. Axl, Thea and Ben were at one end and Caleb and the girls on the other end.
"Wolves, today is the first time in our history that we have allowed another pack into our territory. Let's make our guest welcomed and hear what they came all this way to tell us."
Ben said. Axl looked at Thea.
"Go ahead, tell them."
Thea told Axl.
"We have discovered the last witch. A young boy, who is a friend of ours and just discovered his powers. There is an army of vampires coming for him and we need all the help we can get to protect him."
"You expect us to help protect a witch? You expect me to put my wolves on the line to fight with a witch and protect one?"
Ben said upset.
"What? No. The boy won't fight, he's too young."
Axl said confused.
"Not the boy. Her."
Ben said pointing at Thea.
"Ha! Me a witch? That's a definite NO."
"You expect me to believe that you have powers but are not a witch. No wolf has powers. You probably used your powers to make yourself a wolf. Stop playing mind games with us and tell us what you are."
Ben demanded.
"Fine. I'm half vampire, half werewolf. And you have seen what I can do. I don't want to hurt anyone. So please listen to Axl and help us."
Thea demanded. All the wolves started whispering. Ben has a face of disgust.
"A girl who defeats an alpha as a wolf and has powers. Who runs the world boys? That's right. GIRLS! I stand by her."
Kayla said and raised her hand.
"So do I."
Olivia said and raised her hand. Then half of the pack also raises their hand and said they stood by Thea.
"Look times are different now. We have to stop just focusing on protecting humans and focus on protecting the innocent no matter what they are."
Thea told Ben. Ben took a minute to think it over.
"We stand by you. What's the plan?"
Ben asked. Thea smiled.
"Go ahead Axl, you're the smartest one of the three of us."
Axl nodded.
"After today we have five more days to gather the strongest pack, train for war and fight. My pack is the fastest, yours is the wisest. It's best we work together and come up with a plan of attack. The stronger wolves will fall in line once we train together."
I smell blood. Where is it coming from?
Thea looked around the room.
Caleb? He's in pain.
Caleb was holding the right side of his stomach with his hand. Thea saw a drop of blood on the floor where he was standing. Caleb then left the room. Thea tapped Axl's shoulder while he was talking.
"Hey, I'm going to go get some fresh air."
Thea whispered in his ear and he nodded.
Thea walked outside to find Caleb. He was on the opposite side of Axl's car. Thea walked over to him; he was leaning against the car still holding the side of his stomach.
"Thea, what are you doing out here? You should be inside."
"No. I need to be here with you, your hurt."
"It's just a scratch."
"I smell the blood Caleb. It's more than a scratch."
Thea got closer to Caleb and lifted his shirt.
"Oh my, Caleb. That doesn't look good."
Caleb's whole side was cut deep by the alphas paw.
"I'm fine Thea. Just go inside."
"No!"
Thea put her hand on Caleb's cheek, looking into his eyes.
"I'm going to heal you."
"Heal me? How?"
"To be honest I don't know the specifics. I did it once before many years ago."
"And what happened to you after you healed that person? There's one thing in life that I know for certain, and that there are consequences for everything, whether the action is good or bad."
"It doesn't matter Caleb; I can't let you stay like this. I can't stand seeing you in pain. It's my fault you got hurt."
"What happened to you after you healed someone Thea? Tell me now."
"I just weakened and took a couple of days to recover, that's it."
"Your lying to me!"
Caleb then put his hands on each side of Thea's cheeks.
"Look at me and tell me the truth."
"From what I was told, I blacked out, sort of almost died. But I didn't die Caleb. Obviously! I just got really weak."
Caleb then let go of Thea's face.
"And you expect me to let you heal me! Hell no! I will never let you weaken for me! They need you! That little boy your fighting for needs you!"
Thea then got close to Caleb. Her lips almost touching his.
"I already weaken every time I'm near you."
Thea whispered. As Thea was just about to kiss Caleb, she lifted his shirt and put her hands on top of his wound.
"Ahhhhhhh!"
Thea yelled as all her energy was getting pulled from her and put into Caleb. Her forearms and hands were a light blue golden color. His wound was healing. Thea was weakening. His wound finally healed. Thea took her hands from Caleb's side.
"See, nothing to it."
Thea said out of breath. Then she lost her balance and was about to fall but Caleb caught her.
"I got you."
Caleb whispered to her holding her close to his chest.
"I just need to rest."
Thea whispered. Caleb was still holding onto her and sat down slowly, leaning against the car. Thea's eyes were closing and then she passed out. Caleb moved her hair out of her face and behind her ear.
"I never met someone that does the most stupid things. But I'm glad I met you. You complete me Thea."
Caleb whispered in her ear while she slept. Caleb then heard footsteps coming toward them, he already knew who it was going to be.
"What are you both doing out here? Is she asleep?"
Axl asked.
"Yeah she's asleep."
Axl bent down and shook Thea's arm gently.
"Hey sleepy head wake up. I need you to hear our plan."
Axl shook her again.
"Thea?"
Thea wasn't waking up. Axl stood back up.
"What happened to her!"
Axl demanded.
"I was hurt, and she healed me."
"WHAT! Do you know how dangerous that is for her! She could die!"
"She told me what would happen to her, I didn't want her to do it, but she did it anyways."
"Wow are you kidding me right now? You knew how dangerous it was for her and for some reason you couldn't stop her? Or just walk away? Look at her CLAEB! She does not look okay! You know I thought just for the slightest moment that you were changing for the better. I was stupid."
Axl was furious, he then picked up Thea and started walking back to the cabin. Caleb stayed outside. He felt ashamed for what had happened, but he couldn't tell Axl how Thea tricked him by trying to kiss him. He knew Axl was in love with her and knew that Thea would be so angry with him if he started another fight with Axl.
Axl laid Thea down on the couch and covered her with a blanket. He kissed her on her forehead, then he sat down on the floor and watched over her for the rest of the night.
Morning came. Thea opened her eyes.
Where am I? My throat. I need blood.
Thea tried to stand up, but she was too weak and fell back down onto the couch.
"Thea!"
Axl said running to her holding a tray that had eggs, toast and tea.
"Are you okay?"
"I need blood Axl. I'm so weak."
"Here eat and drink your tea. I made it just how you like it. I think? Black tea with sugar and honey, right?"
"Yes."
Thea said with a smile. He handed her the tea and put down the tray. She took a sip from the cup.
"Wow this is so good. Thank you. And ummm you're a way better tea maker than toast."
They both started laughing because Axl burned her toast.
"Hey at least I got two out of the three right."
Axl said with a smile. Caleb was watching them talk and laugh with each other. He had walked in the house to check on Thea to make sure she was okay, but Axl beat him to it. He saw how they had a connection. Caleb just turned and walked away. As he walked away, Ben was behind him and saw everything. Axl then got up to take the burnt toast to the kitchen to throw away.
"Hey Axl, is everything okay with Thea? She seems out of it."
Ben asked Axl. Axl didn't want Ben to know Thea could heal. He didn't want Thea to be used and put through this again.
"Yeah she's fine. She has just been so stressed out over everything. She should be on her feet soon."
Axl said then started to walk back toward Thea from the kitchen.
"Hey, I have been in this situation before and it ends badly."
"What? I don't know what you're talking about?"
"This little love triangle you have going on."
"Woah, woah what? I literally don't know what you're talking about. Are you talking about me and Thea? Who's this other person in this love triangle you seem to think we have? Thea and I are just friends. And what's it matter to you anyways?"
Axl asked and seemed very irritated by Ben.
"From all that explaining you just did tells me you're in love with her."
"What! You got that out of it? Your wrong, there's no feelings like that between her and I."
"Just listen to me for a second."
Ben said to Axl, but Axl was too irritated by him and started to walk toward Thea.
"If you want to save your witch friend you have to hear me out."
Axl stopped walking. He took a deep breath, turned around and walked toward Ben.
"Four years ago, we got a new wolf in our pack, Oliver. He had a twin sister that would visit him often. My brother Noah thought she was beautiful. He would talk to me about her all the time. I was always busy with the pack, and never had time to pay attention to family visitors. Some time went by and my brother told me he wanted to ask her to marry him. I told him I thought he needed to wait, it was too soon, and the pack needed him focused to help protect the town. He was getting too distracted by this girl. He didn't like my answer, got upset, transformed and ran off. Right after he ran off, the girl came by to look for him. I finally took a good look at her. She was so beautiful. I told her he had just left and should be back soon. She said okay and asked if I needed any help with the pack since she had nothing to do. I asked her if she could cook dinner for them. We both went into the kitchen and started to cook. We talked, laughed, and I shared stories with her I never told anyone else. I felt this connection I never felt before with someone. As a couple of hours went by, we were sitting on the couch talking and then we kissed. As we kissed, my brother saw us. He yelled my name. I never saw the look he had in his eyes before. He wanted to kill me. He started to walk toward me. She ran toward him, trying to stop him, but he was so full of rage that he pushed her out of the way. He didn't know his own strength and she went flying across the living room hitting the wall, and bumping her head causing it to bleed. I ran to her. She wasn't moving. Then I felt him breathing down my neck. He told me her death is on my hands and that I shouldn't be alpha. He said that he was bigger, stronger, and faster and it was his right to lead the pack. He told me that one day he would come back with the most powerful pack in the world and make everyone bow down to him. He was going to be the only alpha wolves would follow and anyone who doesn't comply, he would kill. He transformed and left. I took the girl to the hospital. She recovered. Then she moved away with her brother to remain safe from Noah. Last I heard of Noah was that he was in Canada recruiting for this so-called powerful pack."
"I'm sorry that happened between you and your brother, but I still don't understand what that has to do with me."
Axl said confused.
"Noah was the wisest, fastest and strongest of us all, but the elder's chose me to be alpha. It should have been Noah. If he was here with us today, all three of you would have never stood a chance. Point is that I let a woman come between me and the most essential member of our pack. Now look at what mess we are in. Fighting to save a witch. Anyways, I saw Caleb watching you and Thea hanging out together. He was pretty upset about it. I see how you and Thea look at each other. You practically finish each other's sentences. You can't deny this. Everyone sees it. Now if you want to help this witch friend of yours, Thea can't fight a war thinking about you or even Caleb. You must make sure she is completely empty minded so she can make clear war decisions. No affection. I have seen Caleb fight as a wolf. I've seen his fighting techniques. You're going to need him to win this war. This love triangle stops NOW if you want to win. I'm not going to let my pack fight knowing you three can't fight together because of this love conflict."
Axl knew Ben was right.
"Thanks for the talk, but I got things to do before we leave."
Axl said then walked over to Thea who was looking out the window. The morning sunlight was hitting her face. Axl thought she looked so beautiful. She then looked at Axl with sadness on her face.
"What's wrong T?"
Axl asked.
"Axl I need blood, I'm so weak. I can't let this pack see me weak or they will pull out of this war. Right now, fear by me is the only thing making them join this fight, and I can't just go into their town and drink someone's blood. They will be furious, and they can never know I have no control over my thirst. They wouldn't trust me."
Thea whispered.
"Okay. Well everyone has eyes on me so I'll tell Caleb to run over to the next town, do what he can to get some blood and bring it back to you."
"That's too much for him. He's trying to be good. I can't ask him to harm someone for me. That would break him. You must go together. Be there for him and help him."
"Thea, they have family visitors that just show up. Humans. I have to stay with you."
"I hate this. Okay, tell him to go. Tell him to hurry please. I don't want the pack to start suspecting anything."
Axl then walked out the front door. He saw Caleb sitting on top of the car's hood.
"Caleb."
Axl said.
"I don't want to hear it Axl. I messed up. You can go cuddle with your girlfriend now."
Caleb said angry.
"What are you talking about? I don't have time for this. She needs you Caleb. She needs blood. She's weak. She needs you to go to the next town over and do what you have to do to bring blood back to her."
"And why can't you go since you're her knight and shining armor? It's what you do best. Pick up all my mess, right?"
Caleb said as he hopped off the car's hood and stood right in front of Ax'ls face.
"Back off Caleb."
Axl said pissed off.
"Or what?"
Caleb said looking straight into Axls eyes threatening him.
"Woah, woah, woah, boys!"
Olivia came separating the two.
"We all know how this ends when wolves get a temper. Now just go your separate ways before things get ugly."
"Do the right thing Caleb. For once."
Axl said as he threw his car keys at Caleb and started to walk towards the house. Caleb looked angry and started pacing back and forth.
"Everything okay Caleb?"
Olivia asked.
"I have to go handle some business."
Caleb said walking away from Olivia toward the driver's door of the car.
"What! No, I'm coming with you. Your mad. You can't just wonder off with this anger. Who knows what will happen? I'll come with you to make sure you don't lose your temper."
"I don't need a babysitter. Just go back to your stupid pack and do whatever you do in it."
"Don't ever have that tone with me again. And that stupid pack is why I'm coming with you. We are in this war together. We are basically one huge weird pack now that your included. So, I'm coming with you."
"Whatever, but if you try to stop what I'm going to do, I will kill you myself."
"Doubt it, but let's go."
Olivia said walking toward the passenger door. Caleb started the car and they drove off.
The next town over was about thirty minutes away. Caleb stopped the car as soon as they entered the town.
"Why are we here in Buttington?"
Olivia asked.
"The less you know they better."
"You can trust me Caleb. I know this town better than you. I can help."
Caleb took a moment to think about it. He was conflicted. But he honestly didn't know how he would handle harming someone. Someone innocent. What path that would lead him on? He's been trying so hard to be good. To control his anger.
"Look if I tell you, you have to promise to never tell anyone. I seriously don't know what to do. You said I can trust you and I hope that's true."
"Yes of course it's true."
"I was hurt. Really bad in the fight. Thea healed me, but it weakened her. It weakened her so much that she passed out. She could have died. Since she's half vampire she needs blood to regain her strength. I need to take blood from someone in this town and bring it back to her."
"Hurt an innocent! No, you can't! That goes against everything we believe in, and what we are created for!"
Olivia yelled.
"Then help me Olivia. You wanted to come remember. I don't want to do this. I'm a messed-up guy, I do horrible things, no anger control, but I been on a path of good for a while. You think I want to go backwards? I owe Thea my life. She saved me. Now will you help me or not?"
"Fine. But we do it my way."
"Yeah of course, but we need to get this blood fast."
"Okay well when I was little, I would always remember my mom and dad fighting when he would come home in the middle of the night. I never knew where he would go. So, one day I snuck out of the house while mom was sleeping, and my dad was watching tv in the living room. I hid in the back seat of his car on the floor. He eventually got in the car and drove off. He ended up in this exact town at some biker bar. Mean looking guys. I even saw some outside fighting. It was a brutal fight. I fell asleep but woke up at like two in the morning because my dad got in the car and slammed the door. He drove home, and it was the scariest car drive of my life. He reeked of alcohol. When we got home, I snuck back in my room. He never found out. So, I'm thinking if we go to that bar, we could be a couple and I'll somehow have one of the guys hit on me. You see it, and you challenge him to a fight. You win of course, but I'll leave the fight, transform and scare the others away and we will get whatever blood we can from the guy you knock out hopefully. No one would believe a bunch of drunk bikers that they saw a huge wolf."
Olivia said satisfied with her plan.
"Wow Olivia that actually might work."
"Aren't you glad I came along now?"
"In your dreams."
Caleb said and they both laughed. Then they drove off toward the bar. Ten minutes passed. They were getting closer to the bar.
"Hey, we need to change our clothes. We look like teenagers."
Olivia said.
"Crap, I didn't think about that. How the hell are we going to get into the bar with no fake ids?"
Caleb asked.
"Don't worry I'll take care of that. Trust me."
"Okay whatever you say."
Caleb said uncertain.
"Stop right here at this thrift shop."
Olivia said and then Caleb parked the car at the shop.
"How much money do you have on you?"
Olivia asked Caleb.
"Ummm about seventeen dollars and some change."
Olivia looked in her purse and counted her money.
"I have about forty-three dollars. We can make this work."
They get out of the car and walk into the shop. They were greeted by a woman.
"Hello and welcome. My name is Cheryl, let me know if you need help with anything."
Olivia and Caleb smiled at her and started to look around.
"Leather jacket for you Caleb! Score!"
Olivia said and threw the jacket at Caleb and he put it on.
"Looks perfect on you, now you just need......"
Olivia said while looking at the hats.
"Perfect! Put this black beanie on!"
Olivia threw the Bennie at Caleb. He put it on.
"I'm amazing. You look like you will fit in just fine where we are headed. Just take off your flannel and tie it around your waist."
Olivia said and Caleb did just that. He was looking in the mirror at himself and as he was looking, he notices Olivia staring at him. She smiled and he smiled back, but quickly got away from the mirror.
"Crap! I can't find anything for me."
Olivia said upset.
"You need any help? What exactly are you looking for?"
Cheryl asked.
"Something on the sexy side."
Olivia said whispering to Cheryl.
"Oh, honey that's in the back of the store. Follow me."
Olivia started to follow Cheryl, and Caleb stayed behind looking at things.
"Woah."
Olivia said staring at all the sexy outfits.
"Describe what you're looking for and I will see what I can find."
"Okay well to be honest I'm looking for an outfit to make a man, let's just say make me look very desirable."
"I'll grab some outfits and you try them on in the dressing room right there."
Cheryl then grabbed a couple of outfits and handed them to Olivia who tried them on in the dressing room.
"This one! Do you mind if I keep it on and I'll put my clothes over it? I'll take my clothes off once we get to our destination."
"Sure honey. Wow that looks amazing on you. Your boyfriend is going to love it."
"He's not my boyfriend."
Olivia said with a laugh.
"By the way he was looking at you in that mirror said otherwise. You guys would make a cute couple."
Cheryl said as she walked toward the front of the store.
"You didn't find anything?"
Caleb asked.
"Yea I did. It's underneath my clothes. You will see it once we get to where we need to go."
"Okay then the total for your outfit handsome is $16.97."
Caleb gave Cheryl the money.
"Now for you sweetie the total is $25."
Olivia handed her the money.
"Thank you for all your help Cheryl."
Olivia said with a smile.
"Your welcome."
Olivia and Caleb walked back to the car.
"Are you ready for this epic plan of yours?"
Caleb asked Olivia.
"Ready as ever."
Olivia smiled. Caleb started the car and they drove to the bar. Outside the bar was mostly motorcycles and some bikers hanging out. Olivia took a deep breath and took off her shirt and pants. She was wearing a black laced bra with strings hanging down covering half of her stomach, with shorts that barely covered her bottom. She then took her hair out of her ponytail.
"I'm ready."
"Woah you look...."
Caleb couldn't finish his sentence.
"I know, I look ridiculous, but come on."
Olivia got out of the car. Caleb followed. All eyes were on Olivia. They both approached the entrance where the security guard stood.
"IDs."
The security guard said. Olivia then got closer to him and whispered in his ear.
"Baby, I don't have any pockets to place my Id in."
She then licked his ear and put her hand behind her back and waved her hand notifying Caleb to walk inside while the security guard was distracted by her.
"Now I'll be back in a bit to finish what I started."
Olivia then walked inside to meet Caleb who was sitting at the bar.
"Did you just....."
"Let's not talk about it."
Olivia said embarrassed.
"All eyes are on you. I think it's time for me to use the restroom and come back to whoever decides to be a pervert."
Caleb walked away from Olivia and toward the bathroom. He hid behind the wall but kept a close eye on her. It didn't take long for a young biker to approach her.
"Damn, I never seen someone so beautiful."
The biker said while sitting next to Olivia.
"Awww thanks. Now tell me, how beautiful am I?"
Olivia asked, putting her face closer to the bikers. The biker's hand was on Olivia's knee and moving up her thigh. Caleb was watching and he didn't understand how watching this was really bothering him. He then walked toward them.
"Hey! Back away from my girl!"
Caleb said angry.
"Ha! This is your guy? This little boy?"
The biker said laughing.
"Once I beat your ass you won't think I'm so little."
Caleb said. The biker stood up right in Caleb's face.
"Are you challenging me kid?"
"Not a challenge. I'm just telling you what's going to happen."
Caleb said with confidence.
"Boys! To the alley!"
The biker yelled then walked out the back door along with a couple of bikers following him and cheering. Caleb and Olivia followed. The biker was waiting for Caleb in the middle of the alley. The other bikers were standing around him.
"Are you ready?"
Olivia asked Caleb.
"Yup."
Caleb replied. Then he walked toward the biker. As soon as Caleb got close enough, the biker threw a right punch to Caleb's face almost knocking Caleb to the floor.
"Caleb!"
Olivia Shouted. The biker then punched him again in the stomach, and again with a left hook to his face. Caleb fell to the floor. Then the biker started to kick Caleb. Caleb's anger was boiling. He was trying his hardest not to transform into a wolf.
"Caleb get up!"
Olivia shouted. Caleb thought of Thea. He thought about how much she meant to him. He finally stood up. The bikers back was turned toward Caleb, laughing to all his friends.
"Hey."
Caleb said to the biker. The biker turned around and Caleb used all his strength and punched the guy in his face so hard that he fell straight to the ground. Caleb picked him up by his shirt and punched him again and again. The other bikers were about to attack Caleb to save their friend, but they heard a loud growl. The growl was loud and getting closer. Then from around the corner of the trash cans came a big golden wolf. Olivia was exposing her sharp teeth, growling and walking closer to the bikers. The bikers ran! Leaving their friend behind. Then Olivia brought Caleb an empty water bottle she found. Olivia used her sharp claw and cut the forearm of the passed-out biker. Caleb filled the water bottle with the biker's blood almost to the top. Then he cut a piece of his shirt off and tied the biker's arm to stop the bleeding. While he was doing that, Olivia transformed back to human form and got dressed behind the trash cans.
"It's done. Let's go."
Caleb told Olivia. They ran to the front of the bar and to the car.
"Hey there's a guy hurt in the back!"
Olivia shouted to the security guard. They both got in the car and drove off.
After some time on the road, Olivia noticed how bad Caleb got beat up.
"Hey, pull over Caleb, I have to clean you up. You got really hurt."
Olivia said concerned.
"I'm fine."
"You really want Thea to see you like this?"
Caleb thought about it for a moment and eventually pulled the car over on the side of the road.
"Let me use my shirt and the water we have."
Olivia said while pouring water on the shirt and starting to wipe the blood off Caleb's face. Olivia scooted closer to Caleb. She then leaned in for a kiss.
"We can't do this."
Caleb said as Olivia was just about to kiss him.
"It's her isn't it?"
Olivia said angry.
"What? No, it's me."
"Stop lying. Your totally infatuated with her. I see how you stare at her. Look what you just did for her! She doesn't even like you back. Sure, she healed you, but who's by her side right now? Not you, the other guy...."
As Olivia was talking, Caleb knew everything she was saying was true and he didn't want Olivia to hate Thea. Everyone needed to work together to be able to win the war and the truth was, he did care about Olivia, he didn't want to hurt her, so he kissed her. Olivia got on top of Caleb and the kissing got more intense. Caleb grabbing the back of Olivia's hair, Olivia kissing Caleb's neck, Caleb kissing hers. Olivia took off Caleb's jacket and then his shirt. Caleb rubbing his hands all over Olivia's body.
"We have to get back on the road."
Caleb whispered to Olivia.
"I know."
Olivia whispered back and they continued to kiss. Olivia finally got off Caleb and back in the passenger's seat. Caleb put his shirt back on and drove off.
"T, how are you feeling?"
Axl asked.
"Not good Axl. I don't think I can control it much longer."
Just as Thea was talking, Caleb pulled up in the car. Olivia had the leather jacket over her and walked toward the girl's cabin to change. Caleb glanced at Thea though the window. Thea smiled. Caleb walked into the house.
"How are you feeling Thea?"
Caleb asked.
"Better now that your here. "
Thea said smiling.
"I'll leave you two alone and keep an eye out while she drinks, assuming you have it?"
Axl asked Caleb.
"Of course, I got it."
Caleb told Axl, then Axl walked out of the room and out the front door. Caleb walked toward Thea.
"Your face! What happened?"
Thea asked.
"It's nothing to worry about."
Caleb said then sat down next to Thea and handed her the bottle of blood.
"Thank you."
Thea told Caleb and kissed him on his cheek. Then she started to drink the blood. She waited a minute as the blood flowed through her. She was feeling her strength coming back. She turned to Caleb who was looking the other way. He didn't want to see her drink the blood. She reached out her hand toward his cheek to have him face her.
"It's done."
Thea told Caleb. Caleb looked at her and smiled.
"Whatever you had to do to get this is in the past now. We will never talk about it."
Thea told Caleb. He nodded and they hugged. Axl then walked in.
"Are you feeling better?"
Axl asked Thea.
"Of course she is, I came to her rescue while you did nothing."
Caleb said as he walked past Axl and out the front door.
"Why do you guys hate each other? I need to know Axl. Now!"
Thea demanded.
"We were best friends since we could walk. He always felt out of place at home so he would spend the night at my house every weekend for years. My dad would cook him those mushroom omelettes he was talking about at the diner. Every Sunday morning we would wake up to the smell of eggs and bacon. Those were the days. Anyways we both turned around the same time. We told each other we would always have each other's backs. Get through whatever obstacle together. As brothers. Caleb never could control his temper. I could easily control my wolf side, easy as breathing. I was able to continue school and have a normal life. I wasn't there for him when he needed me the most. But how lucky was I to be able live as a wolf and be as normal as possible. I couldn't let him hold me back. I know it sounds wrong, but he should have wanted the best for me. I guess he's always felt abandoned by me, I don't know. And I guess to make up for it I just always have cleaned up his messes. I don't know what you want me to say Thea?"
"He needs his brother back."
"It's too late for that Thea. You don't think I tried! Just leave it alone. Some things just can't be fixed. We have go. We have a long drive ahead of us for the next pack."
Axl then walks out the front door.
I must fix their relationship.
Thea gets up from the couch and walks out the door. The whole pack was outside waiting for her.
"This is it then, we will meet you in your hometown in a couple of days."
Ben told Thea, Axl and Caleb.
"Thanks for everything."
Thea told Ben then shook his hand. Ben started to talk to Axl. Thea noticed Olivia staring at Caleb. Thea knew she went with him to go get the blood. Thea walked over to her.
"Thank you Olivia for helping me."
"Yeah no problem, glad you're feeling better."
Olivia said while looking at Thea and Caleb at the same time. Caleb looked nervous. He didn't want Olivia to tell Thea what happened at the bar or between them.
"And thank you for being there for him."
Thea said.
"What? I don't understand what you're talking about."
Olivia said confused.
"I can tell you care for him. You went behind your packs back and helped a vampire who is his friend. You hurt an innocent to help. He deserves a friend like you. I'll see you in couple of days."
Thea said as she touched Olivia's arm. As she touched her arm, she had another vision. The vision was Caleb leaning into Olivia and kissing her, then they walked together holding hands. The vision ended.
"Is something wrong?"
Olivia asked.
"No, everything fine."
Thea said then walked to the car. Thea, Axl and Caleb got in the car and drove off.