Prologue

(Y/N means "your name")

(Any and all art used in this is not mine and credit goes to owners, as well as the game and etc.)

Cheers and yelling could be hear as the Fifth Fleet boarded their ship. The Commanders speech had everyone riled up and excited for the expedition for the New World, including a young, strong hunter, by the name of Y/N. He was a star hunter, one to set the example for the rest. He was know well around his fleet for having a true talent for his craft. His crafts? Real time strategy and expert with a blade. Though not bound to any one weapon, he primarily used larger, bulkier weapons.

Once all of the supplies and passengers were loaded up, the Fifth Fleet was set loose, setting sail into the dawn. A ship full of eager hunters, happy and peppy palicoes, knowledge hungry researchers, and enough supplies to sustain the fleet and the New World research station, Astera, for months to come.

Days into the fleets voyage, the crew and passengers began to grow restless. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was more then ready to lay their virgin eyes on the New World. A land of wyverns, monsters, exotic flora, and life in general, just waiting to be discovered.

(Your POV)

You stretch your arms as you wake up from you sleep. The swaying and motion of the ship had knocked the hammock  you were sleeping on into the wall a couple times, causing your disturbed slumber. With a groan, your sore and tense body stood tall with one last body stretch, before heading to the main sitting room for the Commission. With the opening of a single door, a wave of mumbling conversations, smells of food and beer, and more, hit you with a pleasant sensation. The room was filled with hunters, handlers, researchers, and palicoes, talking, eating, drinking, and more.

Walking down to the main floor of the gathering hub, you take a seat at a table with a single person, before someone quickly took a seat in front of you. You recognized him, and thought him to be an A-Lister.

"Hey! Mind if I sit? You excited to get to the new world? Oh, believe you-me! So, how are you doing Y/N?"

"Don't overwhelm the fellow A-Lister"

A woman came from behind the A-Lister, who herself, was an A-Lister. This means that all of them were, in short, better then most. The two listers bicker back and forth before laughing lightly. While they did so, a little palico shyly gave you a beer mug. You smile and take the mug, mouthing a thank you and petting its head.

"The name, of course, is Y/N. You know already, but still, it's nice to meet the both of you. How about a toast, to the New World!"

The three of you clanked your cups, spilling beer with the two males laughing. The girl though, didn't, now starting to lecture her partner. Speaking of which, where was your partner?

As you talk with the two, you couldn't help but notice the new ricketiness of the ship. You weren't the only one. A handler got out of her seat and viewed out the window. 

Curiously, you got up and went to stand next to her

Curiously, you got up and went to stand next to her. The handler mumbled to herself, before noticing your presence.

"We're close to shore. I'm no psychic, but I do have good ears. You're, THE, A-Lister, right? Well, I'm an A-Lister too!"

With an amused chuckle, you raise your hand for a handshake and smiled.

"Y/N, nice too meet you."

The girl smiled brightly, taking your hand and shaking it vigorously.

"Of course I know your name, but nice to meet you, partner! My name is-"

She was cut off as the ship started to shake. Everyone was now on alert during a second of peace, before the ship didn't stop shaking. With haste, you broke off for the top deck, the Handler following quickly behind. It was raining heavily, and a giant, black, rocky mountain was in front of you. The ship then started to elevate and tilt, causing anything not bolted to the ship to fall off, including people. You and the Handler hold onto whatever you can, but you realize that the palico from earlier, was dangling on your boot. Even so, the ship didn't hold, causing the three of you to soar off of the ship. You trying to slinger a ledge or the boat as you flew didn't work, until you caught a passing rock. But, this wasn't no rock. You saw the dangling thin rocks hanging from what seemed to be a huge face, and a fiery hot eye peering at you. With fearing recoil, your slinger disconnects and you fall, landing onto a rocky surface and blacking out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is the prologue down. Please tell me what you think bellow. Any criticism on my writing is appreciated, and I might continue this story. So, watch out.