Inconvenience Store: Part Two

A/N: Wendy is NOT Robbie's girlfriend yet! I know that I said that in Hand that Rocks the Pine, but I changed it for more side plots and plots in general. ;)

Robbie arrived at the Mystery Shack around eight to pick up the cousins, just like he'd (unwillingly) promised. 

Gideon made sure they had the journal with them, which was currently placed in a backpack that Pacifica now carried on her back. This was Gravity Falls, of course - who knew what they'd come across on a simple trip?

And so, around eight, the cousins stood on the front porch as a red van came into view, stopping in front of the Shack.

The van's side door slid open. Robbie, seated at the driver's seat, pointed to the back and said, "In you go."

Pacifica marched into the van, excited and ready - 

- until she saw exactly who was sitting in the car as well. 

"Hurry up," Gideon complained. "What's taking so long?" 

He looked over Pacifica's shoulder and at once he froze. 

The Gleeful twins were sitting in two of the van's seats. 

"Gideon!" Mabel Gleeful cried happily, clapping her hands together. "I didn't know you'd be here, too!"

Gideon shrank behind his cousin, as if to disappear from the universe entirely.

"Let's go sit in the back," Pacifica whispered. 

As soon as the two cousins were seated in the back of the car, Robbie started up the motor, and the car was on its way. 

Pacifica glanced over at Gideon - his lips were pressed together in a thin, straight line, and he looked incredibly nervous sitting this close to Mabel. 

Pacifica pitied him instantly. 

"Hey," she said, nudging her cousin. "It won't be as bad as you think."

"That's what you say," Gideon whispered, sounding panicked. "I didn't even know she'd be here! I'm pretty sure she still thinks I like her!" 

"Then this is the perfect opportunity to hide from her - by getting to know Robbie's friends!" Pacifica grabbed a red marker from her backpack and scribbled something on Gideon's plastic armrest: You look nice today! "See? Inspirational message for the night!"

Gideon smiled faintly. "Thanks, Paz." 

As he turned towards the window, staring glumly at the passing scenery, Pacifica knew that she hadn't cheered her cousin up in the slightest. 

The store proved to be indeed abandoned. All of the lights had been most likely turned off years ago, and the foundation of the building was already crumbling away.

"This is the place!" Robbie announced, once everyone had gotten out of the car. 

"How . . . abandoned," Mabel said slowly, trying not to show the obvious look of disgust on her face. 

Robbie tried to pull open the door, but everyone noticed right away that it was incredibly stuck. He stepped away from the door after a few failed attempts, gasping for breath. 

"Wow, that's stuck," he breathed, running a hand through his hair. 

"How are we going to get in?" one of his friends asked worriedly. 

"Lemme try," Pacifica piped up.

There was a beat of silence before Robbie's friends burst out laughing.