Phoebe x Protag - I Can't Believe I Fell For You!

(Phoebe and Protag are already together for clarity.)

I Can't Believe I Fell For You!

Published 24th October 2019.

"GET OUT! You're an idiot for even trying!" Phoebe screamed. Protag stood still next to the door of Phoebe's dorm room. He didn't know how to react to what just happened. His girlfriend flung the door open and kicked him out, literally.

The door slammed on his grimacing face and he keeled over slowly and painfully. Holding his stomach to help numb it a little, he felt tears stinging his eyes. Blinking them away, he sat leaning on the outside of Phoebe's door, reminiscing over what just happened.

It'd been a lovely afternoon. The couple sat on a bench at school, whispering sweet nothings to each other. Recently, they both had gotten together and were deeply in love. The whole world stopped around them as they only recognised each other. As the sun dropped in the warm, orange sky, the duo went back to Phoebe's dorm for some time alone. It wasn't any different than being in public, except they could be more open to each other.

They were both as sweet as sugar to another. The love blossomed fruitfully and seemed to not have a sign of stopping. Even though it got on a few of their friends' nerves, they didn't want to stop because they couldn't help it. It was a lot purer as Phoebe's harsh mannerisms were replaced with adoration for her boyfriend. She loved him dearly.

In her dorm room, they sat together with their hands intertwined. Pure serendipity floated like a swarm of fireflies on a summer's night and it never died down. Protag was thinking hard about her and how he wanted to make the relationship better. They'd only established themselves 2 months ago and it was time he let her know how much he really loved her.

"Phoebe, do you know how much I love you?" Protag asked out of the blue, after a short spot of silence in their conversation.
"To be honest, I probably couldn't guess," Phoebe admitted openly.
"I don't think I could ever express it truly. You're the perfect one for me! I'd never have thought my very own tormentor was my soulmate, really." Protag squeezed her hand a bit and she blushed whilst looking away from him. Still a bit of a tsundere; he smirked at the thought.

"Protag, you know you shouldn't sugar coat everything. Be honest!" Phoebe whined a little.
"Ugh, fine," He sighed, "You're just... absolutely indescribable. I have no clue how to portray you correct enough, because no amount of words can let anyone know what you are to me." Protag winked at her afterwards.
"So, you've been listening to the fancy words in English?" She stuck her tongue out at him playfully.

"ShuT Up!" Protag complained while his voice cracked in the middle. His other half snorted but he nudged her side to correct her actions. Being incompetent, Phoebe ran to the other side of the room and made a funny face, to mock him. Protag was taken aback a little, but ran to her and dived. They rolled for a moment, but ended hugging each other on the floor. Phoebe started giggling like a little kid and booped her boyfriend's nose. His face flushed and scowled but soon let go of it, because he just couldn't stay mad at her.

Time stopped for a moment as the atmosphere changed slightly. There, there was two people deeply in love and in a lovestruck mood. One moved closer to the other's face, leaning in for something more intimate. Something to make it different.

However, the other refused.

Phoebe brought up her arm and shoved him off of her. He rolled off and sat up promptly, confused. He looked at her, questioning whatever he did wrong. Then, it came to him too late.

"What the HELL, man. Did you even care to remember what I said?" Phoebe said, loud and clear.
"Well, I-I... I didn't, I didn't think about it!" Protag stuttered quickly.
"I told you I was uncomfortable with kissing! I'm simply not ready." She pouted and turned away from him.
"I'm truly sorry, sweetie-"
"DON'T 'sweetie' me now. Blah blah, shut up in this instant! I simply do not care what you have to say. I thought I'd mean more to you, and you'd at least listen to what I want."