Playing around with the ethnic shirts

There are perhaps hundreds of interesting ways to wear your favorite kurti. The casual fun look can be attained by mixing and matching pieces from our wardrobe or adding a few evergreen accessories that can create multiple looks without pinching the pocket. 

With kurtis being a wardrobe essential, why not play around with them to create multiple looks ranging from fun, to serious and funky too?

Let's begin with the bohemian look, wear your cotton kurti with the cotton gypsy skirt and stand out instantly. No matter the length of your kurti or skirt, you can easily carry them all on a Sunday lunch or movies, or even to the beach or picnic. No fuss and great comfort.

the bohemian look - skirts and kurtis

 For a simple yet funky look- one that works great when bunking college or even attending those endless lectures, team a waistcoat with your kurti and play with patialas and salwars, or even your jeans and leggings. With each change, create a different look by mixing and matching the same differently and playing with colours and patterns. The best look is one that looks instantly made up -  not colour coordinated, but put together with contrasting colours and patterns that look separate and yet complete together. 

the versatile waistcoat.

The traditional kurti and salwar/patiala combination never goes out of fashion though. Play with patterns, scarves and jackets to create looks that can range from ultra casual, to sophisticated and chic, making them a perfect attire to your office, a wedding or an evening out.

jazz up your patialla kurti with a shimmery waistcoat for an evening out or a wedding perhaps...

The haram or dhoti add another distinct feel to your ensemble, creating a funky ethnic spread- be careful though, they won't look great unless you buy a pair that fits and drapes well.

printed kurti with the simple white dhoti, making mix and match easy and fun Dhoti Sangeeta Bijlani brunchstyle that works perfectly for your Sunday

Wear a bandhgala short kurti for a serious look

simple printed bandhgala

or play with cuts to create a sensuous look with a naught dori at the back. The best fabric for your everyday casual kurti though is cotton. Nothing drapes well when it comes to short casual kurti then the ever loyal cotton, or even perhaps a mixed Georgette - easy to wear casually and affordable too.

These are a few ideas that work well, write in here to add more ideas to our blog and stay tuned for our next edition on kurtis and styles...

Love,

Vicky

None of these images are mine. They are merely used for representational purposes