Closet Essentials for the Ethnic lover

With our unending love for ethnic wear and our everchanging fashion treads, these five essentials can help create a versatlile wardrobe and allow us to play around with our looks.

The Chudidar

Nothing beats the comfort of a well fitted cotton chudidar, nor can anything hamper its inherent elegance. Keep a well fitted chudidar in basic colours of white/black and beige handy and team them with kurtis, kurtas and tunics. Infact a well fitted long shirt and a chudidar can be an interesting combination if when you team it up with a waist belt in metal or leather a and jazz it up with some thick silver/wooden bangles.

Alternatively, pick up a bright funky shade and wear them with contrasting colour kurtis and shirts to create a unique and colourful image

A well fitted chudidar in cotton or leggings to reinvent your kurtis----->

The waistcoat

The simple waistcoat in jeans or cotton, printed or plain or even embroidered will change not only the look of your attire but also jazz it up for a night out or a wedding or sober it for your board-meeting. Team it with dhoti pants and palazos for fun or office trousers and patialas for a classic look.

jazz up your patialla kurti with a shimmery waistcoat for an evening out or a wedding perhaps... the versatile waistcoat.------>

 Silk Dupatta/Scarf

Invest in a good scarf or dupatta in either multicolours or in neutral colours like matt gold or silver or even red or black with heavy or intricate borders. Cleaverly draping this simple piece of cloth will instantly jazz up even the most simple dress and create a new and different look for every outfit.

Drape it like a seedha palla over your patialla and tuck the pleats in the corner, between the slit of your kurta to jazz up for the festivites. Alternatively,  drape it across both your arms from behind to create a sophisticated and elegant look. If you are the hassle free no nonsense type, simple pin it up to your kurti and forget about it

colourful embroidered dupatta that works well with all dresses, including jeans and shirt.... Wear this piece in as may inventive ways as possible...

Patiala or Dhotti with a dupatta

The patialla and dupatta set or the dhotti dupatta set in neutral shades or printed in comoon colours can be easily mixed with various kurtis of varying colour and sometimes prints to create different everyday looks. Infact the same kurti you wore with the chuddidar can be matched with the patiala and waistcoat creating an ethnic punjabi kudi look.

Mix and match the set with as many as different coloured kurtis you choose to prints can be worn with just about any thing.... including plain long shirts

The Cotton Skirt

The ultimate bohemian look, team your kurti with any cotton skirt, no matter the length and see yourself transforming from a simple girl next door to the naughty casual chic out there to have fun. The lengths of the kurti and the skirt depend on your confort level and likes with anything working out well. Team prints with embroideries or plain skirts with lucknowi kurtis, or simply anything you can pull out of your wardrobe, jazz it with your favorite waistcoat and voila, you are ready to florick!

Dhoti Sangeeta Bijlani brunchstyle that works perfectly for your Sunday the bohemian look - skirts and kurtis

These are just some of the essentials, but these form the most basic part of your ethnic closet.....

Do suggest any other essential I may have missed....

These images are not mine and have been used only for representational purposes....

Stay tuned in for more...

Thanks,

ViVyaa