Chapter 15

"As long as Muzan won't hear about Chiaku and the others, they will be safe."
Kagaya called his pillars for a private meeting while Chiaku and the Kamaboko squad as she terms it went to watch over the children. Yuki laid down on a grass, licking his paw.

"She still can't remember how she got here, huh?"
"I don't think that's the problem here Iguro. She may be oblivious to it but once she starts realizing it, she might find it hard to leave." Kyojuro said with his trademark smile.
"What do you mean? Are we talking about Shinazugawa here?"
"Who else?"
Uzui harrumphed. "Shinazugawa is not a flamboyant guy. He is stubborn as a rock. He would rather die than confess."
"Shinazugawa-kun hasn't come here yet." Mitsuri looked around worriedly. The wind pillar hardly missed a meeting.
"Shinazugawa has lost those precious to him. I don't think he will take the risk."
"Haven't we all?" Shinobu smiled at the stone pillar.

As the pillars continue on discussing things with their master, Chiaku excused herself to find Sanemi.
"Please be careful, Chiaku-sama."
"Thank you, minna-sama. Please look after those kids for me."
"Hmm! Leave it to us!"
Chiaku smiled at the crimson-haired boy.
"Are you going to look for him?" Zenitsu asked, giving her a serious look.
"Uhm, I think I should apologize for what happened earlier."
"I don't think you did anything wrong. Also, you were amazing, Chiaku-sama!"
"Thank you, Zenitsu but I think I have upset Sanemi too much."
"There's nothing to worry about. I smelled fear and worry on him. I think what happened earlier scared him a bit. He has strong feelings for you, you know?"
Chiaku blinked at Kamado, giving him a confused look.
"For me? What do you mean by that?"
"I believe it is for you to figure out."
Both Tanjiro and Zenitsu bowed at her. "Please be careful on your way."

Chiaku found Sanemi at his dojo, slashing and kicking against a dummy as if it is a real demon. She didn't know what to do. She thought how he seemed to be really angry and interrupting him might get things worse. She slowly flies away and settled herself under a wisteria tree.
"You're that fairy."
In front of her stood a boy with buzz-cut hair, a jagged scar across his face and large inward-slanting eyes that somehow looks familiar. He is a tall one, probably taller than Sanemi. Genya leaned closer and looked intently at her kaleidoscopic eyes.
"Are your eyes really like that or is it only the light?"
Chiaku shifted uncomfortably, unable to utter a word. Genya noticed this and apologised quickly, a pink tinge dusted his cheeks.
"Uhm, my name's Chiaku. What's yours?"
Genya pursed his lips. "My aniki didn't tell you about me, huh?"
"Aniki?"
"My name is Shinazugawa. Shinazugawa Genya."
Chiaku's eyes widened in disbelief, feeling a slight pang on her chest.
"I don't blame him for that."
"He told me how a demon slaughtered his family but he never told me what exactly happened. Did anything happened between you and your brother?"
For the first time in his life, Genya felt comfortable talking to an opposite gender as if he had known her for a long time. Despite not being a human, Chiaku never judged nor is she bias with her words.
"Sanemi must have his reasons but I think he should not leave his cute brother in the shadows. He should at least explain himself to you."
Genya froze. "I'm not cute..."
"Eh? Of course you are! If you are in my place, you will be the most popular! You have so much desired in a man even more so as a life mate!"
Genya blushed heavily and started stuttering. Chiaku's sweet laughter erupted and echoed in the place.
Unbeknownst to them, the wind pillar's eyes darted at their direction, clenching his fist and gritted his teeth.
Sanemi has already sensed Chiaku when he was training with his sword. He was disappointed when the fairy did not approach him and left. Feeling slightly guilty for his early outburst, he decided to follow her. Seeing her having a sweet conversation with his own brother is something he didn't expect. His mood shifted back to anger and jealousy.

Meanwhile, Senjuro was sweeping outside their house when he felt someone bumped on him.
"I'm sor- huh?"