Anything for My Gem

Spinel's P.O.V

It's a bit earlier time to wake up today than usual, but it's all for a very special reason for an even more special person. With the Sun just barely up, I slowly open my eyes, shake the weariness from them, and careful easy my way out of Steven's grasp to avoid waking him. I then slip on a loose fitting shirt and some shorts before padding down the stairs as quietly as I can muster. Once I'm in the living room, I gather around Pearl, Garnet, Lapis, and Bismuth. Peridot and Amethyst haven't come home yet from their turn on watch duty but it's nothing to be worried about.

"My baby's still asleep?" Pearl asks for confirmation.

I nod in response.

"Good, then everything is in place for my Cutie Pie's birthday celebration" Garnet smiles.

Looking around at all the decorations set up, I do indeed smile along with the fusion. Along with some red balloons with red stars patterned all over them, the Temple has some banners that read 'Happy 17th Birthday, Steven!' draped across the walls and a stack of multi-colored presents on the coffee table, each color probably correlating to the gem who got it for him. To cap it all off though is a triple-decker cake in the shape of a star placed on the kitchen counter. I made it extra special too by hiding a little something inside of it much like one of those angel food cakes that my boyfriend's friend Lars told me about. All in all, it's undoubtedly the perfect set up for Steven and I can tell that all the gems plus me are hoping he likes it.

"I couldn't help but notice that there isn't a gift from you though, Spinel" Pearl comments quietly, "Did you forget? If so, I can help you out with finding something for my baby".

"No, no, I have a present for him" I answer back, rubbing my legs together uneasily, "It's just one that I have to give him in person".

"Oh really, do tell" Lapis grins, "What is it?".

"What humans call their 'virginity'" I state simply.

Lapis then goes silent, a blush of embarrassment growing on her face as Pearl looks ready to start hyperventilating. Garnet, however, is the one to reply next, an understanding grin on her face. I mean, why not, especially since this is something I've been talking with her about for a little while now.

"I'm sure if Amethyst were here, she'd be saying something really obscene right now" Garnet smiles, "But all I'll remind you is that this is entirely your choice. Don't feel forced into this just because of how much more you've be escalating your intimacy with each other".

"Don't worry, Garnet, I know I'm ready" I say with confidence.

"You know what I'm ready for? Steven to get surprised by all this waiting for him" Bismuth speaks up, gesturing around us, "Think you could go and wake up your snuggle bud for us, Spinel?"

"It would be my pleasure" I answer, heading for the stairs.

"I'm sure it would" Lapis mutters, smirking at me.

I ignore her though and tip toe my way up the steps and back into Steven's bedroom, coincidentally called 'our bedroom' now too, and slink over to my sleeping boyfriend's side. Getting down on my knees, I hover my face close to his, Steven's 'at rest face' being the cutest thing imaginable. Using my clever methods of waking him, that are guaranteed to work every single time, I lightly kiss him, my lips lingering just enough that they're brushing with his. It's a bit torturous since he's not receiving my full effort but it does the trick, Steven groaning as he wakes up.

"Spinel...I don't wanna get up today" He grumbles, turning over and hugging the sheets tighter.

"But, Muffin Pie, it's a very special day!" I say, twisting my voice to make it sound like I'm pleading with him.