Lurking Hostility

Steven's P.O.V

Sitting off to the side, I gaze around at the slight wreckage of the apartment. The gems and I were able to calm the crowds enough and they quickly dispersed after hearing my proposition. After that, we all went up to the apartment that had that broken window, clearly identifying that it's where the two Sapphire's live. And since then, for that past half hour, everyone's been looking around for any clues as to who the attacker was. I was able to conclude as much already because Sapphire's aren't known to throw themselves out of windows and judging from where they landed, it very clearly hinted that the pair were thrown out by a secondary party. I sigh, looking down at the identical gemstones resting in my palms. Whoever it was must've at least caused some kind of damage because while Garnet found no cracks or fractures on the gemstones, something had to have some lasting impact seeing as how long they're taking to reform. I mean, Pearl got poofed once by her own hologram and it took a day for her to regenerate. Then again, these two probably weren't stabbed....or were they?

Shaking my head from that horrible thought, I focus my attention on the apartment itself for some well needed distraction. In all seriousness, it looks very reminiscent of a Coruscant apartment from those Star Wars prequel movies that Connie and I watched a couple years ago. Coming straight back from the window is the wide open living room with a couch and two comfy looking chairs, the rest being a small kitchen off the left and the bedroom off to the far right. It's actually a very decent apartment, beautiful in its simplicity. I wouldn't mind having one for me and Spinel if the chance ever arose. Maybe that'll be after we get married though. It won't be for a bit, since I need to know if we both want the former and latter of that context, but I do hope it happens some day.

"Based on how the seating has been altered, I can definitely assume that there was some kind of struggle" Peridot says, squinting at the overturned chairs to my left and right.

"A pretty physical one at that" Bismuth concurs, "But was it just over some argument? A disagreement? Or could it have been something deeper?"

"We won't know until the Sapphires reform" Garnet replies, a flat look on her stoic face.

Future Vision or not, the gemstones in my hands begin to glow, hovering in the air. Everyone then stops what they're doing and turns to look at the development. The Sapphire's forms outline and before long, they land peacefully on the floor fully reformed. One has faded purple hair, a dress of dark blues to black, and has her gem on her chest while the other Sapphire has dark blue skin, a more straightened hairstyle, and her gem on her left cheek. Both look around in confusion at first, not sure what's going on, but once they see me, the pair smiles.

"Steven Universe. Thank goodness you're here" The first says calmly.

"Very nice to meet you both" I reply, "Do you have names?"

"Well, you see, most gems call me DB because I have 'Dark Blue' skin" The second Sapphire speaks up nervously, "And this is Sky, my very best friend".

"Greetings" The first Sapphire, now known as Sky, grins.

"Now, this may be a bit uncomfortable for you, but do you two remember how you got poofed?" I ask carefully, not wanting to scare them away.

"Oh, well, DB and I were having a nice midday reading session when around 12:05 P.M, there was a knock on the door. Neither of us were looking into the future today, so it was a bit unexpected. I answered the door and immediately, this gem comes flying at me. She sends me back toward where DB was sitting and as she was helping me up, the intruder surged at both of us this time and sent us crashing out the window. That, combined with the initial impact of hitting the ground then caused us to retreat into our gems. I was scared that the gem would come down and finish us for good but the fact that we're standing here right now talking to you proves otherwise" Sky explains, her fingers intertwined in front of her.