Moving In

You wiped the sweat off of your brow and stood up after taping up your last moving box. You took one last look at your current bedroom and knew that it would be the last time you'd be in there like this. This had been your home for two years, and packing everything up in two days had not given you enough time to say goodbye. But, you didn't really have a choice - Jackson was moving out today which meant that you had to move in with Mark today too.

"Jackson's downstairs with the moving truck," Jaebeom announced at your door with a small smile. "Are you ready for this?"

You returned a small smile back and said yes, picking up the first box to bring down.

"Well that's the last of it," Jaebeom declared as he handed over the last box to Jackson to load up. "Are you sure you're alright bringing them up to Mark's?"

"Yeah man, I'm good," Jackson replied back, so Jaebeom turned to you.

"I'm going to miss you guys," you said before hugging him goodbye.

"We'll miss you too," he whispered in your hair. "But, you know it's not the last time we'll see each other right? We're best friends after all."

"I know."

"And I know I told you about the cats taking over your room," Jaebeom said as he pulled away. "But you know if it doesn't work out with Mark, that you're always welcome back here right? I'd never leave you out in the cold."

"I know," you sniffed, trying to keep the tears at bay. "Now, stop being sappy. You're going to make me stay."

"You ready to go?" Jackson asked after he closed the doors on the truck and you gave him a nod.

"Love you, best friend," Jaebeom hugged you one final time.

"Love you."

xxx

You laid down on your new bed, in your new apartment with a huff. It was only midday, but you were already worn out from the move. Just moments ago, Jackson brought up your last box and went on his way. He'd informed you that Mark was at college and won't be back until dinner time.

You were dreading the thought of unpacking - so you wanted to lie there as long as possible. But, as your eyes started to close, you knew that you couldn't nap yet, not when there were boxes upon boxes to unpack. So peeled yourself from the bed - made a mental note to send Jaebeom a thank you text for purchasing it - and went to look around your new place.

You noted that Mark, seemed to be a pretty tidy guy, which was already great for you. You checked the kitchen and saw where everything was, and from the looks of it, he had made sure there was enough room in the pantries and fridge for anything you had wanted to put in. That was one point for being courteous. The bathroom was strategically placed between the bedrooms so at least you wouldn't get to hear it, if he had other extracurricular activities.

You walked towards where his bedroom was, wanting to check it out, but saw that the door was closed. You had to physically drag yourself away from his room, because your arm was already reaching out to open the door. You just let your curiosity roam around the pictures on his bookshelf instead.

You noticed that there wasn't a photo in there where you could distinguish who he was. You chided yourself for not asking Jackson for a photo so that you could tell which one your roommate was. As you checked out all the photos though, you prayed that he wasn't the hot blonde guy with the killer smile, because if he was, you didn't know if you could survive this.

You finally decided to start your unpacking since you had run out of things to do or check out in the apartment. You put some music on to get yourself in the mood, and got on with the task at hand.

xxx

Mark finally made it back home at about six after having to stay back in class for a group project. He was beat. He just wanted to have a shower and go to bed. When he neared his apartment door, he could hear faint music coming from behind it.

He didn't think he left the music on this morning. A ding from his phone reminded him of what the reason could be.

[18:00] wang puppy: forgot to remind you
[18:00] wang puppy: she moved in today
[18:00] wang puppy: don't freak out when you see a girl there

Ahh that's right, his new roommate. That would explain the music then.

[18:01] la gangster: good one
[18:01] la gangster: can you send me a pic of her or something?
[18:02] la gangster: so i know that it is her in there
[18:02] la gangster: and not some random
[18:03] wang puppy: sorry man, i don't have one
[18:03] wang puppy: look, she's not bad on the eyes
[18:03] want puppy: that's about all i can tell you
[18:04] la gangster: thanks for nothing
[18:04] wang puppy: be nice to her!!

Mark sighed before opening the door of the apartment and walked in. He spotted your shoes already put in a neat pile and breathed a sigh of thanks, at least you weren't messy.

"Hello?" Mark called out hesitantly but heard no reply back.

He noticed your bedroom door open so he walked over to check if you were in there. He halted by the doorway when he spotted you, laying on the bed and napping peacefully. You must've been tired from the move and all the unpacking you've had to do.

He watched you sleeping for a few moments and he wanted to deck Jackson for lying to him. You weren't bad on the eyes, you were fucking terrible for his eyes. Because you were so goddamn beautiful to him, even in your state of messy hair and parted lips. That bastard did this on purpose. He could be in trouble.

Mark debated for a few moments whether he should wake you up from your nap but the grumble from his stomach made the decision for him. He figured you must be hungry too and he didn't want to be a dick and order food without you.

"Um, hello?" Mark said a bit louder with a knock on your door. He lightly chuckled to himself as you suddenly sat up on the bed, wide eyed and looking at him as you tried to wipe any drool from your chin - even if there wasn't any.

You looked to the source of the sound that uttered your name and you spotted the hot blonde guy, with a killer smile standing on the doorway. Oh boy.

"Um, hi?" you said as you quickly wiped away any drool that had escaped your mouth during your nap.

"Hi, I'm Mark," hot blonde guy with a killer smile spoke to you. "I'm your roommate."

"Nice to meet you," you gave him your name with a wave.

"I didn't mean to wake you," Mark said, rubbing the back of his neck. "But, I was hungry and was wondering if you wanted me to get some takeout for you too? Then we can maybe get to know each other, find out our schedule and set up some ground rules?"

"Sounds great," you smiled. "I'll just quickly freshen up."

"Okay, cool," Mark beamed. "You good with Chinese?"

"Good with anything."

"Alright, see you in a few," Mark replied with a wave before closing your door.

Oh boy, you were in trouble.