Feelings?

With Saturday finally rolling in, you expected to be sleeping in like every other person out there did. You especially expected Mark to still be in bed, considering he had a shift at the bar last night. You weren't sure what time he came home but when you went to bed at ten pm, he still hadn't been home. So you weren't sure why someone out there was banging pots and pans at seven in the morning.

You groaned before finally getting up. You had tried to cover your head with a pillow to block out the noise but it had been ineffective. You double checked that you were decent - now a habit since that particular incident - and you were determined to give him a piece of your mind. That was until the smell of bacon wafted in the air.

You sauntered over to the kitchen and spotted him cooking by the stove. You rolled your eyes at his appearance - of course he would just be wearing basketball shorts and nothing else. You took a deep breath, wanting to make yourself seem unaffected. He was your roommate after all, and there would be more than one occasion when he would be dressed like this. You needed to get used to it.

"I didn't think you knew how to cook?" you groaned the question at him as you sat yourself on a stool by the counter.

"I can only do eggs and bacon so don't get your hopes up," Mark chuckled before turning around and seeing your annoyed face. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

You nodded. "But, I'll forgive you if give me an extra piece of bacon."

Mark laughed again before picking up an uncooked piece of bacon and waving it to you, adding it to the pan.

"A coffee would be nice too," you tried to push your luck and smiled when he looked at you in disbelief.

"How do you take it?"

"With milk and two sugars please," you beamed at him.

"Anything else, princess?" Mark teased and you thanked the heavens that his back was towards you or he would've seen you blush at the endearment he used.

"I think that's it," you tried to reply as nonchalant as you could and he laughed again. God, his laugh was adorable.

Mark took the pan and placed its contents on the two empty plates in front of you. He came back with two pieces of toast each and then your coffees. You smiled excitedly and thanked him before digging in. Mark threw you his killer smile before choosing to eat across the counter from you.

xxx

After you had both cleaned up your dishes and freshened up, Mark had suggested that the first item on your to do list should be the laundry. This way, he could show you where the laundry room was and the two of you could do your groceries while you waited for the laundry to finish.

As the two of you roamed the aisles of the local supermarket, you were surprised at how at ease you were both feeling with each other. It had only been a few days since you moved in and here you were doing the groceries together. You chanced a peek at Mark to see if there was any sign of discomfort from his end, and you almost wish you hadn't.

With an adorable pout adorning his face, Mark was standing there deep in thought as he considered the two cereal boxes in his hands. His eyes darted back and forth between each box, and you had to stifle your giggle, not wanting him to catch you staring.

"Why are you laughing at me?" Mark laughed with you. "This is a very difficult choice! I was trying to consider which one we would both like so it'd be cheaper for us to buy."

"Very considerate of you," you mused. "I'm happy with either so you choose."

"Coco Pops it is then!"