Chapter One - Friends again

Hello again, my friends!

Yet again here I am writing another Snape's daughter piece and yet I am unwilling to apologise because I enjoy writing them.

I'm trying a different approach this time. I sincerely hope it works out!

Here's a short part to tease before I start uploading properly. Enjoy and please R&R.

Picture is of my niece at her nursery graduation a year or so ago...I had no idea that nursery graduations were a thing in the UK but we learn something new everyday!

Severus Snape was sat in front of his lit fire, enjoying the warmth and the soft orange glow that emanated from it. In one hand was a glass of fire whiskey, which he rested upon the arm of his chair, and, in the other was an old book which was weathered from years of enjoyment. The pages, though dogeared and discoloured, were still intact and readable.

He'd thumbed through this book hundreds, maybe even thousands, of times in the twenty years he'd been alive and, even though he wouldn't freely admit it, it was one of his favourites. He could read it time and time again and never grow bored of the plot.

This was how he liked to spend his spare time, sat comfortably in his home with a good book, a good drink and good music. This particular evening, however, the music was momentarily drowned out by a loud crack which sounded as though it had come from right outside his house. Severus rose from his chair, placed his glass and his book on the mantel of his fireplace and moved toward his front door, grabbing his wand from his pocket as he went.

He was not expecting visitors.

As he reached the hallway, between the living room and the front door, someone knocked loudly and, stowing his wand back into his pocket but keeping a firm grip on it, he unlocked the bolts and opened the door only to be greeted by a woman he'd known from childhood. "Lily" he breathed as the woman lowered the hood of her cloak, revealing her beautiful long red hair.

Lily smiled at him and wrapped an arm around his neck, drawing him in for a brief hug. "Hello, Severus." She whispered into his ear before stepping back.

"C-come in" he stands aside so that she could enter and, as soon as she was inside, he shut and locked the door again. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" Severus asks, composing himself as he lead her through into the living room. He hadn't seen nor heard from Lily Evans since he'd left Hogwarts, a little over two years ago.

"Albus sent me" she replies, shrugging off her cloak and handing it to Severus' outstretched hand "he thought that, given the circumstances, I would be better than he to talk to you about this."

"About what?" Severus asks, confused. "Would you like a drink? I have some fire-" he stops talking abruptly when she turned around. Lily Evans was wearing a beautiful long jumper type red cotton dress with black leggings but it wasn't the outfit that had him staring. "You-" he swallowed "you're pregnant?"

Smiling, Lily nods "a lot has happened since we left school, Sev. I've heard tell that you've been a bit of a naughty boy." She states with a playful smile.

Severus blushed "in, uhm-" he clears his throat "in what way?"

"I'm sure I don't want to even guess most of what you've been up to" she tells him, a little sternly "but-"

"I've not been up to anything like that" he assures her, knowing what she was referring to "I mean, I'm dabbling less and less."

"Well, maybe you could stop dabbling altogether?"