Chapter Seven - Gifts and Accusations

Severus spent Christmas day with James, Lily, Remus and Severus. Lily, despite feeling a little down about being stuck in the house, did the best she could by whipping up a feast fit for kings and they spent the rest of the day, after dinner, lounging in the sitting room with butterbeer, fire whiskey and presents.

"Well, it fits just fine" Sirius stated as he tried on the jumper that his married friends had gifted to him "it's just a little itchy."

"Throw it in the wash at some point" Lily told him as she opened her present from Severus "the fabric softener should sort that out. Oh, Severus, it's beautiful!" She gasped as she held up a bracelet so that everyone could see it.

"It's part of a bundle" Severus admits "I'll explain it when everyone has opened theirs from me." James and Remus set about opening their own gifts from Severus. James had a bracelet that wasn't quite as delicate as Lily's and Remus got a ring. They then waited for Severus to explain but Severus was waiting for Sirius. "And you" he prompts the man.

"What?" Sirius frowned "you got me a present?" He looked through his pile of gifts and plucked one from the pile. "Now I feel bad because I didn't get you anything." He sighs.

Severus rolled his eyes "there's no need, it wasn't out of sentimentality."

"That's good to know" Sirius nodded as he held up a ring.

"They're enchanted" Severus began to explain, fiddling with his ring "the charm on both of your bracelets are linked to our rings" he points to Sirius, himself and Remus. "If you want the attention of a particular person, you tap the charm and say their name, it will then make their ring heat up; if you want all of us, you tap the charm but say nothing."

Lily's reaction to this gesture made his heart jump. "Severus" she breathes "what an absolutely fantastic idea!" She gets up and pulls him into a tight hug "thank you!"

"Yeah" James smiles, "thanks mate!"

"Where did you get the idea from?" Asks Remus, studying his ring.

"Well" Severus blushed a little "from the dark mark, The Dark Lord taps it with his wand and it burns our arms, telling us that he wants to see us."

Sirius cocked an eyebrow but, before he said anything, Lily says "well, I think I prefer your way over his. Come on, Sirius" she looks at the shaggy haired man "it's an impressive bit of magic and it'll help us when we want company, we won't have to use up our floo powder."

The next few months, after Christmas, were spent hopping between Lily and James', for social visits and Order meetings, Malfoy Manor, and his home.

"I don't know what else there is to say" Severus states, getting a little irritated at Black's latest grilling during an Order of the Phoenix meeting "Voldemort is no closer to finding them and I don't know who it is that's spying for him! I hardly know every single death eater and most of them wear masks to the meetings!"

"People are dying, Severus, and you have nothing useful to tell us!" Black spits back.

"Newsflash, Sirius, people die every day!" Severus shouts "Voldemort doesn't have meetings about who they're going to kill next! The attacks are random and you know that!"

Albus, who'd patiently been watching the exchange, finally holds his hands up and says, "that is enough, gentlemen." He turns to Severus "thank you, Severus; I understand how frustrating it can be."

"I go every time I'm called" the man assures his old headmaster "but, until he gets more information on Lily and James' whereabouts his big plan is on hold. I'm sorry that I can't offer you any new information but I have to be careful about how much I pry."

Caspar - The Half Blood Princessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें