the inevitable PART 2-Dewdrop

We're standing here by the abyss
And the world is in flames.
Two star crossed lovers reaching out
To the beast with many names

Third person POV

"My children. We are gathered here today, because you two have broken a sacred law. Ever since the beginning, it's been forbidden for a ghoul and a human to form a relationship." Papa Nihil spoke somberly, not wanting to punish two people who would otherwise be innocent, had they not broken the one law.

"Knowing what we know now, we must not let things continue on. Rebecca Rose, today you shall be cast into the pits of Hell for all of eternity." Sister Imperator chimed in, as equally upset as Papa Nihil about being here.

Dew and Becca had been prepared for this day. They knew that one day the church would find out about their relationship, and would put an end to it. They knew their fate would come to them one day, and today was it.

"Any last words,rebecca?" Papa turned his gaze to the young woman, as did Sister and the Ghoul.

"We always knew this love would kill us. But I'm not afraid. For I have felt what it's like to truly live." Becca's short sentences were enough to move Dew to tears. She turned to face Dew, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I love you. For all of eternity." Becca choked out.

"And I love you," dew brought a shaky hand up to wipe his tears. Becca glanced down, as many big flames roared below her. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, letting herself fall into the unknown. Dewdrop stepped closer to the edge. Sister Imperator seemed to read his thoughts.

"You cannot die as she did, you don't know what's below there," sister warned the ghoul.

"You don't know either. Father, Sister, it's been a pleasure." Dew stepped off the edge.

"Well, he went out the way he wanted to. For that, I cannot be mad." Papa Nihil shrugged, sister imperator shaking her head.

Dew was surprised when his body finally found solid ground, he was sure that the impact of his fall would have killed him. Instead, he would have a few bruises and scrapes at most.

"Dewdrop?" Dew instantly recognized the voice that was barely a whisper. He turned to face his lover. He smiled widely and pulled her into a warm hug. Now, they had an eternity to do whatever they would like. The pits of Hell might not be as bad as they are made out to be.