Chapter 15- Big Hit

Jungkook's POV

I brought him to the one place i know that would always make me feel better, The Big Hit. This restaurant held lots of unforgettable memories. From my first business contract to my first date, it was as if all important things happened right here at this very place. Don't ask me why i brought him here.

I just want to.

Besides, the food was nice and i wanted to keep the boy happy even though he had no idea what was coming for him. I had a gut feeling that he might enjoy this place. I had parked my car at the designated parking spot and exited the car. Jimin had made his way out himself before I could offer to open his door for him. I went to the lady upfront the queue, her name tag stating 'Emma'. All employees should know who i was.

I'm Jeon Jungkook. Duh.

She cocked her head to the side and looked at me in confusion, she must be new here.

"Table for 2 under the name Jungkook." I whispered, not wanting others in line to find out my identity. Her eyes sprung wide open after i mentioned my name. I smirked, of course. Jimin stood near the car, kicking small pebbles off the sidewalk.

"Follow me" I motioned my hand for him to come. He followed behind me as he kept a small distance between us. I was contemplating if i should hold his hands , it was outright calling me to hold them, i soon lost my chance since Emma had ushered us to one of the VIP dining room.

"Take a seat sir, food will be ready soon." Emma said as she held the chair for me, i gave a curt nod. I would've liked it better if she had done it for Jimin first. I gave her a discreet glare as i pointed towards Jimin with my index finger. She must've gotten the message as she quickly held the chair for him before he noticed my finger.

We took our seats. He had his head turned left and right like a curious kitten in a new environment, however he didn't look that excited to be here. Does he not like this place? I had no idea what's going in that brain of his.

"Your food will paid for, eat as much as you'd like." He looked surprised when i said that, did he wanted to pay? I won't let him anyway, it would be very ungentlemanly of me.

"No, I'll pay. Just give me some time, I don't wanna owe you anything." He didn't owe me anything. Why is he being stubborn?

"You don't owe me anything, take this as an apology for today. For taking up your time and bringing you back to my place without your permission." I reasoned.

He gave in and gave me a soft okay.

So let's get this done with shall we. "The reason I wanted to speak with you today was because I wanted to clear any misunderstandings between us, and i'd appreciate it if you would stop running away from me Jimin-ssi." I heaved a sigh, assuming he would get my intentions. I poured myself a glass of red wine and awaited his response.

"I-I'm not running" He took a pause, "anymore?" He said sounding much more like a question than a reply.

"I hope so, Jimin-ssi. That night, last week. You were drunk, do you remember?"

"I think so?" He replied rubbing his nape awkwardly.

"You think?" I scoffed. Maybe this will refresh your memory. "First, you threw yourself at me, then left me. When I brought you home the second time, instead of thanking me, you got angry with me. Then you started to avoid me when you found out I was your boss."

He had his eyes wide on me as he blinked a couple of times. By the looks of his face, he looked like he had no recollection of what happened.

"As you know, I AM your boss. We can't have rumours spreading around, can we? Especially when you're my new secretary."

"But I didn't choose to be your new secretary!" He rolled his eyes.

How dare he.

"And I didn't choose it either. So Jimin ssi, tell me. What do you want from me to stop you from running your mouth? Money perhaps?" Don't people usually bring up money in situations like this? "How much do you want? Name your price."

"W-what?" He stammered

"I said how much do you want? 5, 7 Million Won?"

"B-but I don't w-w..." I didn't catch what he said at the end though I could see his fist clenched.

"Y-you don't want money? Oh I get it, too little? 10 Million Won it is, I'll write you the cheque straight away."

"I-I, I said I don't want it!" He croaked out.

I slammed my palms on the cold marble table and yelled, "Then what exactly do you want?!" He got startled and fidgeted from his seat as he shrunk back towards the chair, his eyes lost focus and looked as if he was on the brim of tears. Did I go to harsh on him?

At that moment, Emma had came back, this time entering while pushing a small cart where the food was stacked. Jimin visibly relaxed, he straightened his back when Emma plated his food. I stared at him, trying to make eye contact, yet he had his attention on the Rosemary Steak with a side of baked potatoes and roasted asparagus. It also came with a fruit salad.

So he doesn't want money? Then what does he want?

His eyes never left the steak, now placed in front of him. Emma was refilling my red wine, and that's when it'd caught my attention.

"Would you like a glass of red wine? It's our signature." She offered to the latter.

"Thank- " I cut him off. There is no way I'm letting him near alcohol. EVER.

"No. Get him a cup of lemonade, or whatever you have. NON-ALCHOLIC will be fine." I said firmly. Emma had her head turned towards Jimin seeking for his approval.

I rolled my eyes, I'll make sure to get her fired sooner or later. "W-water will be fine." Jimin replied. I nodded in acknowledgment before she scurried out.

"As I was saying, what do you want?" I spoke rather quickly after she left. I'm a very impatient man and he's just testing my patience.

He didn't give me a response, not even a hum. I sighed, his eyes still not leaving the plate of food. He's been looking at the same dish ever since it arrived, his eyes might even pop out of his socket soon. Then the memory of how his stomach growled twice in the car just now flashed through my mind.

" You may eat if you want to." Again with no response, but it did crack a smile. He already had the knife and fork in his hand and he was clumsily cutting up small pieces of the steak. The pieces however weren't aligned properly, it seemed that he was chopping them instead of actually cutting them.

"Where's the waitress? I need a new knife right now!" He said it in such anger, it was as if he was asking for a knife to murder someone. "And where's my cup of water. Ughhh!" He groaned in frustration.

He is so adorable when he's mad, it makes me wanna tease him more. He stood up abruptly as he waved his hand towards the door of the dining room. He was being loud and unreasonable.

"Sit down." I said as I calmly cut the meat in the direction of the grain.

"No! I need a new knife."

"Here." I stood up, hovering over him. The only thing separating us was the 30 inch table as I swapped my plate with his. The steak that I had cut for him was almost equally sized while his looked like it's been chopped with by a 10 year old kid.

He sat back down uttering a thank you before he started to devour his plate of food. It was quiet with the slow music playing. Only the sounds of his occasional munch could be heard, he was satisfied and that's enough. The cup of water was long forgotten, even though I initiated of having dinner with him. He is still my secretary, also the first man I had a one night stand with.

It was oddly comfortable.

**********
💜Please comment & vote!!!💜
**********