More that best friends

I do not own Percy Jackson or Harry Potter

Cassy POV

"So," Severus drawls, "Do you have a place lined up?" His expression says he doubts very much.

"I have to check on some things but I was planning on getting a group of rooms here for a period," Mom says as she looks at him.

"No you won't," he says taking a sip of tea. "You will be staying with me."

"Severus I can't," Mom starts.

"Listen this is for you, your children and the debt I owe Lily and her child," Severus says, "I should have known better than to trust Harry James Potter with the Aunt who hated his mother."

Suddenly a thought hits me. My old imaginary friend Jamie, The magic kid.  We'd run with horses, swim away from the angry whale or walrus and hide our snacks from the angry pig. I laughed before I mean I had my knowledge of Harry Potter, but now I am going to meet him.

I try to keep my control but Mom and Percy seem to pick up on my agitation.

"Hey Cassy, are you okay," Mom asks leaning over.

"Jamie, my old imaginary friend," I say in a small voice.

"Hey that's right you did have an imaginary friend named Jamie," Percy says with a smile. "You two used to have crazy little adventures."

"Yeah Jamie was a magic kid who could do all kinds of stuff like read stories with me, run with horses with flowers in their manes. We'd run from and fight with sea creatures like walruses and whales. We'd have to hide our snacks from the evil piggies," I say and as I say it the lines link up.

They seem to for mom and Severus too.

"Well Sev, if you would take Percy, I'll take Cassy. I think we need to go get Harry, now," Mom says pulling out a little gold and dropping it on the table.

"Very well, Percy," Severus says after we step into the alley. "Take my hand. Do you know where you are going," he asks.

Mom just smiles, "You mean the 'perfectly normal' neighborhood Petty-unia and Vernon moved to? Yes I know, I have Harry's letter to act as a beacon if nothing else."

The next second I know things go dark for a moment before they return. We are standing in, as mom said, a perfectly "normal" neighborhood.

"Severus would you stay back with the kids. I have to go see my big sister," Mom says walking to the door of Number 4 like she is walking into a fight.

I nervously shift feet. "Professor, my mom was is going to be ok right," I ask watching.

I can already feel my magic rising in agitation and I can feel Percy's too.

"Listen to me children, your mother is going to be fine," Snape says although I feel his hold tighten.

As mom knocks on the door, Petunia Dursley instantly answers the door. "Finally decided to visit Dudley on his Birthday after all these years? Empty handed no less," Petunia asks as she looks down at Mom's empty hands.

"Good to see you too big sister," mom says her tone icy. "You know very well I sent Dudley his present a week ago. I'm here for Harry," Mom says.

"Oh that's right, and here I thought you wrote him off," Petunia says.

I'm watching so close I barely catch a pair of green eyes from within the house.

"Jaimie?," I call out.

"Phoebe," the corresponding call answers.

My magic reaches out but as it is about to connect I hear a yelp and a growl. Then I see the wide shadow of Vernon Dursley.

"It's the whale man," I gasp.

"Hello Vernon, I'm here to take my nephew off your hands," Mom says.

"Why so you can make him a freak like you," Petunia sneers.

"No, it's so I can spend time with the one tie I have left to my twin sister. Especially since my big sister doesn't seem to respond to my letters and the only post I get are reminders about your son's birthdays and Christmas wishes. Meanwhile I have yet to even get a card for either Percy or Cassy in all these years," Mom says.

"Don't give me that. You just want the freak's money," Vernon says.

"Listen to me. Vernon you whale of a man," Mom says and I feel her magic rise in anger. "The man on the sidewalk is someone I'm sure Petunia will remember, Severus Snape. With him are my two children and their father is a very generous man. So let me say this so it is perfectly clear.

"I have no need now or in the future for my nephew's inheritance or any money from the Potter accounts. You two should be ashamed of yourselves for taking money. If you have a problem with me seeing the child then maybe you need to examine how you treat him," she says.

I watch as Mom looks in searching for Harry. "Harry, dear you can come with me," she calls.

She waits and seems to hear something. With my magic twisting I think of the cupboard and Harry in there.

"Mom, the cupboard under the stairs," I call out.

"Vernon you didn't," Mom steps forward.

When Vernon blocks the way and glares past at me, Snape steps in front. "Perseus I need you and your sister to stay here," Snape orders.

I take Percy's hand and bite my bottom lip. As Mom looks at Vernon she waves her hand palm up and he freezes. She steps around him and the stunned Petunia. She returns a moment later with the child I instantly recognize as my imaginary friend Jaimie aka Harry Potter.

I want to run forward but part of me is still afraid of Vernon, frozen or not. As mom walks forward I stretch up to look Harry in the face.

"Heh I guess you aren't just my imaginary friend anymore Jaimie," I say.

"Uh I guess not Phoebe," he says with a tired smile.

"I don't think we'll be able to apparate with this many of us," Snape says.

"Let's just walk down to the store and order a taxi," Mom says.

"Very well I suppose calling the Night Bus would be too obvious at this time of the day," Professor Snape says.

As we head down the street I reach up for Jaimie's hand. Jaimie jerks away initially but when he sees it's me takes my hand.

"You know I thought you were just a dream," Jaimie said in a small voice.

"Well wake up because it turns out we are family and I am never letting you go," I say squeezing his hand.

"Neither am I," Percy says as he lightly touches Jaimie's shoulder. "From now on I'm your big brother too and I'll fight the bad guys for you."

As we get to the store Professor Snape goes in to make the call. Mom sets Jaimie down gently and I want to hug Jaimie. I'm younger by a year but I feel that I'm bigger. I open my arms and Jaimie steps forward. I get to hug my best friend, who I thought was imaginary, and have to correct myself. I am hugging my new sibling.

Well what do you think? I'm considering making this a femharry or transharry crossover story.