Chapter 1

Back at it again with another Fate fanfic :) I'm so happy that I got Karna as my first five star Lancer. The fact that he came to me twice in NA and once in JP had me shook XD Also, he really shined in Fate/Apocrypha I LOVE MY FLOOF BOY 😍😍😍

I simply wanted to live a normal life when this strange symbol appeared on top of my right hand that day. I asked my parents what it meant and they told me that I was chosen by the Holy Grail to fight in what was called "The Holy Grail War". Luckily my parents were mages and they have witnessed the Holy Grail War before, so they helped me prepare what was going to happen to me.

"The first thing you have to do, is to summon a Servant, Crystal." said my father. "Who would that be?" I asked. "It depends on the catalyst that you use." said my mother. "A catalyst?" I was still confused. "So a catalyst is an item or artifact that is related to the Servant." my father explained. "So where do I get one?" I asked.

"Well, your grandparents store a lot of old artifacts at their place so why don't we go see?" said my mother. "Sure." I agreed. We got into the car and we drove over to my grandparents'. "Did you guys participate in the war before?" I asked. "No, we didn't. We just watched." said my father. "What were the Servants like?" I asked.

"They are people from legends, myths, history, and stories." said my mother. "So you're saying I can summon people like Arthur Pendragon?" I asked and my eyes shone. "Exactly." my mother agreed. I was starting to get excited when my father added, "You're not the only one to participate. There are six other people. and you're all going to fight to the death." Seriously Dad?

**********

"Feel free to go down into the basement Crystal." said my grandfather. "Thanks," I said and went downstairs. I turned on the lights and saw many boxes stacked on each other. I searched through them and saw that they contained fossils and pieces of rocks, but none of them seemed to get my attention. "So these things can summon a Servant?" I murmured.

Then I saw something shiny in the corner of the room. I walked over and picked up a shiny golden item. "Is this... armour?" I wondered. I stuffed it into my pocket and went back upstairs. "Find anything Crystal?" my grandmother asked. I took the golden armour out of my pocket and showed it to her. "Will this thing help me summon a Servant?" I asked.

"Why don't you give it a try?" asked my mother. I nodded and ran outside to the courtyard. I placed the item on the ground and stood back. I held out the hand with the symbol on it and said, "I, Crystal Armani, the daughter of the mages Jason and Kelly Armani, call forth your presence."

Smoke began to rise from the golden armour and I was nearly being swept off my feet, but I held on. "Come forth, Heroic Spirit!" I called and there was a flash of blinding light. As the wind died down and the light faded, I slowly opened my eyes. In front of me was a man with pale skin, white hair that was almost transparent, wore a golden set armour and wielded a spear.

The item that I used was attached to his right arm. I was somewhat distracted by the pinkish fluff behind him when the man said, "Servant, Lancer. True Name, Karna. Nice to meet you, Master." "Oh no, he's hot," was the first thing that came to my mind.

**********

"Nice job with the summoning Crystal." said my father as my family came over to see my results. "Um...I have no idea who this is." I said. "This is the Karna, he's the invulnerable hero of the Indian epic Mahabharata, as a hero on the vanquished side." my mother explained. I just stared at my Servant and said, "Sorry, I still don't know much about you."

"That's okay," he said. "Looks like Crystal needs to do her homework." said my grandmother. "Yeah, I do," I said. "Why don't you show your Servant around?" my mother suggested. "What if I get attacked?" I asked. "I'm here to protect you," said Karna. "Oh, right," I said and turned pink in embarrassment. Probably because I was too distracted by him

"Um, I'll show you around then," I said. "Okay," he answered and followed after me. Before we entered the town, I stopped. "Um, do you have any...clothes?" I asked him. "No." he answered. "Okay. Uh, I'll go and buy some for you then." I offered. "Thank you, Master," he said and smiled. "Don't freak out, don't freak out," I told myself.

"What size do you wear?" I asked. Karna looked a bit confused. "Okay, I think you're gonna have come with me for this," I said. We went to a shop that sold clothes for men. "I'll leave it to you, Master," said Karna and disappeared. "Huh? Where'd you go?" I asked and looked around. "Relax, I'm still here," he said in my head.

I went inside the shop and grabbed a bunch of clothes before ducking into the changing rooms. "Okay Karna, you can come out," I said as I shut the door and locked it. He appeared in front of me. "First, you have to take off all your armour," I said. He did it without hesitation. "And your fluff," I added. He took that off and it disappeared along with his armour.

"Now, try the ones that you like and see if they can fit," I said. Karna picked up a shirt and looked at it. "Right, you've never worn one before," I said and he nodded. "Here, I'll give you a hand." I took the shirt from him and tried to put it over his head but he was too tall for me. "Here," said Karna bent down a little.

"Oh, uh, thank you," I said and blushed. "We're gonna spend a long time here." I thought.