Chapter 4

I went downstairs to eat dinner when my dad asked, "Have you heard the news, Crystal?" "What?" I asked as I sat down. "There was a serial murder that happened a few hours ago," he said. My face went pale. "W-What?" I stammered. "The police are investigating so I'm sure that it'll clear up soon." my mother said. "Where did it happen?" I asked.

"Near the mall." my father answered. "Karna?" I thought. "Yeah, I sensed a servant back there too," he responded. "Don't worry Crystal, you have your Servant to protect you." my dad reminded me. I nodded in reply. After dinner, I went straight back to my room and shut the door. "This is bad," I said. "But at least we know what kind of Servant it was," said Karna.

"Hmm?" "What kind of Servant is mostly associated with murders?" Karna asked me. A light bulb went off in my head. "Assassin," I answered. "Correct," he said. "Are you saying Assassin was at the mall today?" I asked. "Most likely," said Karna. "I'm never going back there then," I said. "We still can, but after we take them out." he said.

Karna patted me on the head and said, "I'm your Servant, Crystal, and you are my Master. It is our job to win the Holy Grail War." I looked up at him and he planted a kiss on my forehead. "Don't worry," he reassured me.

**********

I was in school the next day but the news of what happened yesterday was still bothering me. "Don't tense up Crystal," Karna said. "It's really hard not to," I responded. Karna appeared beside me and I flinched. "Oh God, you scared me there," I said. He put his hands in his pockets and asked, "You're nervous huh?" "I get nervous very easily," I said.

"Crystal, who's that?" my friend, Alice, asked as she came over to me. "Oh, uh, this is my Servant," I said. "Really? He looks so cool!" she exclaimed. Karna simply nodded in thanks. "Are you going anywhere after class?" Alice asked. "Um, probably go out and fight," I answered. "What?!" she exclaimed. "Well, I am part of this war," I said. "I know, but just be careful okay?"

She grabbed both of my hands. "I will, promise," I said. Alice smiled at me before walking off. "She knows that you're a Master?" asked Karna. "She knows," I said. "I'll be off now, take care, okay?" said Karna. "Okay." He ruffled my hair before disappearing. The bell rang and I hurried over to class.

**********

Karna was waiting for me outside of the building just as class was over. I saw him pacing around a bit and then looked up when he saw me. "Master," he said. "Let's go," I told him. "Where should we start?" asked Karna. "Usually I don't like to make the first move," I said. "You want them to find us first?" Karna asked in amusement.

We walked down the street to the mall when suddenly we were surrounded by extremely dense fog. "What the...." I said. "It's supposed to be sunny, where did all this fog come from?" Karna immediately grabbed my hand. "It's them," he said. "Who?" I asked. Karna changed into his armour. "I never got the chance to see them the last time I fought in this war," he said.

What the hell was going on? "Mommy?" I heard a little girl's voice. I flinched and immediately jumped into Karna's arms. "I don't like this..." I whimpered. Karna held me close as someone approached us. "Huh? It's a...little girl in a black cloak..." I said in confusion. Karna immediately picked me up and jumped back. "Wait, what's wrong?" I asked. "Assassin of Black," he said.

My eyes widened. "Wait, this is Assassin?" I asked. "Don't be fooled by them," said Karna. "They may look like a child, but they are a truly violent killer." "Why do you keep using the pronoun 'they?'" I asked. "I'll explain later," said Karna. The little girl produced two knives and charged at us. "Lancer!" I cried. "Understood!" he said.

I watched as the two Servants began to fight. A few minutes later, Assassin suddenly stopped and perked up. She looked to the left and said, "Mommy?" Karna had his gaze fixed upon her. "Eh? Why?" Assassin asked. "I was just getting started." Pause. "Really? Okay then," she said and then disappeared.

"She's gone," said Karna as the fog disappeared too. "Who is her mother?" I asked. Karna changed back to his regular clothing. "They call their Master 'Mom.'" said Karna. "What a weird Servant," I said. "And you said that you've heard of...them before?" Karna nodded. "You have some explaining to do," I said. "I'll tell you everything I know," he said. "Let's go home."