Chapter 3

The ride to Jamie's childhood home was somewhat strained between Jamie and Alex. Jamie had been surprised when she'd offered to sit in the back with Charlie instead of upfront with him, and even though she'd said that they were fine, he could tell that she wasn't entirely sure. When he pulled into the driveway he glanced at her and noticed that she seemed to be lost in thought.

"Why don't the two of you go on in? We'll be in in a minute." Jamie suggested to Dave and Charlie with a small smile.

"Yeah, let's do that." Dave said as he looked between his daughter and her fiance.

"Lex? Do you want me to stay?" Charlie asked.

"No, you go on in Char, I'll be fine." Alex replied softly.

Jamie waited until the two of them walked up to the porch before saying anything.

"Baby, are you okay?" he asked cautiously.

"Of course. Let's go in." She said trying to pass Jamie but he wouldn't let her through.

"Baby, I want nothing to do with Eddie."

"Good. Glad this is settled." She said with a hint of attitude.

"Alexandra." He said and she froze. "I want you and only you." She nodded and smiled.

"Good." She kissed him.

"Ok that's all i wanted to hear. let's go in."

They stepped inside and was greeted by Jamie's family. Alex introduced everyone and They sat in their usual seats and all said Grace. Jamie noticed Danny was picking at his food and frowned.

"Danny what's wrong?"

"This case I'm working, guy was gunned down in his driveway, but no one saw a car or nothin." Danny said.

"Where was he shot?" Alex asked.

"In the heart, COD was" Danny started.

"His heart exploded." Alex answered her own question.

"Have you ever seen anything like that before Doc?" Henry asked.

"Not really, but if someone wanted to kill him that way they would have to be a really good shot. You might be looking for a sniper." Alex replied.

"Has the FBI seen anything like that before?" Erin asked as she looked at Dave and Charlie.

"We've seen a lot." Dave said.

"Crazy lady's with dolls. Someone trying to put his brother back together with other body parts and a tornado." Charlie mumbled.

"Well he killed a cop this time outside his own home." Danny responded. "It's personal."

"Well-" Frank was interrupted with Danny's phone going off.

"I'm sorry dad. It's Maria." Danny got up and walked out the room to answer.

"What's this about a tornado?" Nicki asked.

Charlie started up her story and by the time she finished Danny walked back in.

"There was another murder." Danny told Frank. "I have to go."

"Would you like us to join you?" Dave asked. "Might be able to see something."

"Sure. Let's go."

"Do you want to come with us, Jamie?" Charlie asked.

"I'll stay here, let me know if you see anything interesting." Jamie said as he looked at Alex and smiled.