Chapter 10

"Okay Officer Janko, start from the beginning. Why do you think your brother is the guy we're looking for?" Morgan asked as he sat down next to JJ in the interrogation room.

"He's a real hot head, especially when it comes to me. He didn't like it when Jamie started seeing Alex." she replied.

"Why not? I mean Alex never did anything to you, why did either of you have a problem with her?" JJ asked trying to keep her annoyance at bay.

"She always comes across so perfect. The good doctor, the perfect family, all of that. She's so fake." Eddie said.

"Really, did you know that her mom committed suicide when she was in college? She was sick, and finally she decided to end her life because she didn't want her family to watch her get sicker and sicker." JJ said.

"JJ!" Morgan said in a warning tone.

"No Derek, she needs to know more about our friend before she judges her. Alex is a good person, and so is Jamie. Why did he want to kill him?" JJ pressed.

"I got drunk at a bar one night and kissed him. He said he was done with me and that he loved Alex. I was upset and told Kyle about it. I didn't know that he was going to hurt Jamie, or try and set up Alex's friend. He just said everything would work out for me." Eddie answered.

"So what made you realize it may be your brother?" Morgan asked.

"It was when Jamie confronted me. It made sense. I found out Alex was pregnant and decided to look into another job. It was getting hard to see him happy when I wanted to be the one to make him happy. I called my brother and next thing you know she's getting shot." Eddie replied.

"He was happy with you by the way. You were his partner and one of his best friends." JJ said and got up. She didn't even look at Eddie when she walked out.

"What about the other murders?" Morgan asked.

"I don't know anything about those. I never met any of those people." Eddie replied.

"Ok thank you. I'll let you know if I have any more questions." Morgan stated and walked out.

He walked over to the group and sat down.

"So we have one guy on a vendetta for his sister and another murdering cops?" Prentiss asked.

"I really think it's still connected somehow. Garcia, run the names of the victims against Eddie's family. Her parents, uncles, aunts, anyone with even 1% of her blood type." Hotch told Garcia.

Garcia nodded her head and began typing. Jamie looked at his brother and nodded.

"I'm going to head back to the hospital. I need to explain this to Alex." He stood up and said his byes before heading to the hospital.

Jamie walked into Alex's hospital room at the same time as her doctor.

"You must be Alex's fiance?" the woman said with a smile.

"Yes, I am." Jamie said as he kissed Alex's temple.

"I'm Dr. Winters. I was just telling your fiancee that everything looks good. The baby is healthy and there wasn't any damage caused by the bullet. So as long as she takes it easy over the next few months, avoids stress when she can, then everything should be just fine." she replied.

"That's good news." Jamie replied.

"Alex, I want to go ahead and set up an appointment at my office in the next couple of weeks to make sure everything is progressing as it should be. I want you to call me in the meantime if anything doesn't seem right. Okay?"