Chapter 7

The BAU team and Reagan family, minus Frank, Alex and Jamie, sat around the dinner table talking. They spoke about anything but the team. Frank walked in and sat down.

"When is the kid getting here?"

"Alex said that Jamie went to the store. He hasn't come back yet." Frank said, worried.

"Well he probably ended up buying extra or stopped to talk to someone." Erin suggested.

Danny's phone started ringing. "Here He is now." He said as He looked at his phone. "Hello?" Danny answered.

Danny listened as he heard scuffling. The team watched as Danny's face went from smiling, to neutral to worried.

"Hel-" He heard Jamie scream out.

"Jamie?! Kid!" Danny got up and started yelling. The phone disconnected and Danny looked at everyone. "He screamed for help and we got disconnected.

"Garcia! Track Jamie's phone now!" Hotch commanded. "Everyone head to the cars. We will head the direction of his house."

Garcia ran over to her bag and grabbed her laptop out of her bag. Frank grabbed his gun and ran after Danny and they went to their cars

Alex looked down and checked her phone. Jamie had left for the store over an hour ago, and he should have been back.

She groaned as she heard a knock on the door and was surprised when she saw the BAU team on the other side.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.

"Have you heard from Jamie? He called Danny's cell while we were eating and the call got disconnected." Morgan explained when he saw the look on her face.

"No! He went to get ice cream and he.. He should have been back by now."she replied as JJ placed a hand on her arm.

"What store did he go to?" she asked.

"The market a couple of blocks from here, he knows that they have the ice cream that I like." Alex answered as she tried not to cry.

Once the teams arrived at the store, Hotch told them to split up. They went into groups to look around.

"His car is over here!" Danny yelled once he spotted the black mustang.

Charlie, Reid, Danny and Beaz ran toward the car. Charlie skidded to a stop when she spotted a bouquet of roses near the alley. She leaned down to pick them up. Her eyes spotted a bag next in the alley. She walked toward the bag. Her last clue was a foot behind the dumpster. She ran over to the body and found him.

"I FOUND HIM!" She screamed.

She knelt down next to him. Her hands got shaky when she leaned to check his pulse. She thanked god when she found a slow one. Everyone ran over to her. Danny fell down next to him. Maria was Calling a bus right away.

"Kid, what happened?" Danny whispered, tears pooling in his eyes.

"Oh god Jamie." Frank kneeled down next to him.

Alex was pacing the floor. Her phone started buzzing and she immediately answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Alex." Charlie's voice echoed through the phone. "Honey, I need you to sit down."

Alex sobbed as she sat down. She knew bad news was coming. "Is he alive Char?"

"Yes. He's on his way to St. Victors. It looks like he was jumped." She broke the news. "Reid and I are on our way to get you. We will be there in five. Please don't stress too much honey. Think of the baby. He will be ok."