Tears

(Y/N/N)- Your Nickname

Normal POV:

You are (Y/N) (L/N), a Pure-Blood Slytherin who is known to be the sweetest Slytherin at school. That's why it surprises people when they find out you're best friends with the biggest bully in school- Draco Malfoy.

You and Draco immediately became friends in First Year and you have been friends since. You were always there for him and he was for you. He was always protective over you and never took any crap about you from anyone.

It is your Sixth Year now and being friends for this long, it is no surpise that you developed a crush on him over the years. But you would never tell him that; you're afraid that it might break your friendship and you don't want to lose Draco.

But ever since the Summer Holiday's of Fifth Year, Draco stopped acting like himself. His letters stopped arriving and he sat with Pansy and Blaise in the Train, staying as far away from you as possible. He didn't even once make eye contact with you or spare you a glance ever since you arrived at Hogwarts.

It definetly hurt you and when you tried to talk to him, he just ignored you or looked the other way.

Tonight, you can't sleep and decide to go down to the Common Room and also away from Pansy's snores. You walk down the stairs to the Common Room when you hear sobbing.

You slowly walk towards the fireplace and there, sitting on the couch, you can see an unmistakable head of blonde. Draco.

You realize he's crying and go over to him and stand behind him. He is crying into his hands and it breaks your heart to see him in this state.

"Draco," you say softly.

He inhales sharply and quickly wipes his face with his sleeve, trying to regain himself. But it's no use. You already saw him in tears.

"(Y/N), what are you doing here?" He asks. "You should be asleep, love."

"I couldn't sleep. Pansy was at it again with her snoring like a Grizzly," you say, taking a seat next to him. This is the most he has ever said you since the start of Sixth Year. He chuckles but you know he's faking.

There is deafening silence before you say in barely more than a whisper, "What's wrong, Dray?"

He breaks down again at the nickname you used for him. You have always called him that. Now that he is in a vulnerable state, the guilt is torture. You immediately hug him, like on instinct, and he hugs you back, holding you tightly.

You run one hand through his hair while the other rubs his back up and down, letting him cry on you and trying your best to comfort him.

"Shh, it's OK, Draco," you say and he sobs louder, your shoulder soaking up because of his tears. You can't bare seeing him so broken and so you ask again, "Please, tell me what's wrong and be honest, Dray."

You move him to look into his shattered grey eyes and take his face in your hands. Now that you have a better look at him, you see that he looks like he hasn't slept in days.

His face looks paler than usual, he has bags under his eyes and his eyes look slightly red, partly because of crying but also because of the lack of sleep.

He sobs, "I-I didn't h-have a choice. H-He would h-have k-killed me a-and my
p-parents. I h-have to."

"Who?" You ask, dreading to know the answer.

"H-Him. The D-Dark Lord," he cries.

You try to remain calm and say, "Draco, please calm down and tell me what you have to do."

"I-I c-can't," he sobs, tears streaming down his face.

"Draco, I can't help you if I don't know what you have to do," you plead.

"I-I have to k-kill Dumbledore," he sobs even more. "I n-never had a ch-choice, (Y/N). He m-made me. He would h-have killed my parents and I c-can't let that happen. I don't-"

You silence him by placing your lips onto his wet ones and kiss him slow. He freezes up for a second before kissing you back passionately and longingly, releasing all of his pain and frustration into the kiss.

You pull him closer by tangling your fingers in his already messy hair and push his head closer to deepen the kiss. He holds you close and tightly, as if you would go away any minute.

A few minutes later, you break the kiss and stare deeply into his eyes.

"Draco, I-I'm so sorry. I had no idea... Let me help you, Draco. Let me ease the pain," you say.

"No!" He yells but then his expression becomes softer and he says, "I'm sorry, (Y/N), but I can't get you involved in this."

"Draco, don't you get it? I can't let you go through this alone because... I love you," you say.

He stares at you in shock before kissing you again and then says,
"I love you too, (Y/N/N)."

"R-Really?" You ask.

"Yes. I knew you were amazing from the moment I met you but when I saw you at the Yule Ball, I knew that it was you that I wanted," he says.

"Show me," you whisper.

"What?" He asks.

You turn your gaze to his left arm and he realizes what you're talking about. He sighs and says, "OK, but before I do, just know that I didn't want this. I had to do this for the safety of my family."

You cup his cheek in your hand and say, "I know, Dray."

Draco then hesitantly moves his hand to the cuff of his sleeve and lifts it up. There, staring boldly at you, is the Dark Mark, inked on his pale skin.

You try not to break down in front of him and instead, run your fingers gently over it. Draco shivers ever so slightly and you ask, "Does it hurt?"

"Occasionally. Mostly when he's near by," Draco says.

You look back up at him and when his eyes meet yours, you bring him into a hug and he hugs you back.

"We're in this together now, Draco. Your problems are mine and I promise I'll be here with you throughout everything," you say softly into his ear.

He exhales and says in a hoarse whisper, "I love you, (Y/N), so, so much."

You hug him tighter, knowing this might very well be one of the last hugs you have and say, "I love you too, Dray. Always."

I'm crying right now. Poor Draco, he never had a choice. 😭